Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

Sports Logo

Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

Nevermind...I found this in his DX profile:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Plumlee-3922/

Outside of his offensive rebounding prowess, the another interesting wrinkle to Plumlee's game are the brief flashes (just six attempts all season) that he has shown as a spot-up shooter from mid-range, particularly given his comfort operating out of the pick-and-roll. He already sets very good screens and rolls hard to the basket, which is an asset given the predominance of pick-and-roll sets in NBA playbooks. His shooting mechanics need significant work, as his shooting touch isn't great and he spots a slow release with a bit of a hitch, but if he is able to develop in this area, he would have a much better chance of carving out a role in an NBA rotation.
    Looks like he can set a decent screen....but as I said....honestly...it's not hard to set a better screen than Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Plumlee's been called back up. I like what Pritchard's doing with the D League, no sense in just letting guys waste away on the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I LOVE our use of the D-League this year. Plumlee got called up for practice, then sent back for the game tonight.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I LOVE our use of the D-League this year. Plumlee got called up for practice, then sent back for the game tonight.
    It really surprised me how seamlessly Miles fit back in with the Mad Ants. I thought there might be some resentment from the Ants team or players over him just playing there occasionally. But their coach seems very receptive to the idea. Playing Miles 42 minutes in the last game says a lot about how much they value having him. And his contribution to them has been very positive. He was able to get 28 points without (seemingly) being the focus of the offense. Very impressive all around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    It really surprised me how seamlessly Miles fit back in with the Mad Ants. I thought there might be some resentment from the Ants team or players over him just playing there occasionally. But their coach seems very receptive to the idea. Playing Miles 42 minutes in the last game says a lot about how much they value having him. And his contribution to them has been very positive. He was able to get 28 points without (seemingly) being the focus of the offense. Very impressive all around.
    A NBADL coach better be receptive to the idea of playing the players sent down to them or there isn't much point to their league.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    A NBADL coach better be receptive to the idea of playing the players sent down to them or there isn't much point to their league.
    I agree, but 42 minutes? How do you tell your normal centers that they'll be splitting 6 minutes? I bet that makes the coaches job a little more challenging. Or maybe it just says a lot about who they normally have playing center.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree, but 42 minutes? How do you tell your normal centers that they'll be splitting 6 minutes? I bet that makes the coaches job a little more challenging. Or maybe it just says a lot about who they normally have playing center.
    I think it just has to be understood that it comes with the territory.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I think it just has to be understood that it comes with the territory.
    Am I the only one shocked that Miles played 42 minutes? I'm thrilled that he could do it. But a center playing 42 minutes? That is extremely unusual. Isn't it? I wonder how he stays in such good shape while he hasn't been playing.

Sports Logo

Am I the only one shocked that Miles played 42 minutes? I'm thrilled that he could do it. But a center playing 42 minutes? That is extremely unusual. Isn't it? I wonder how he stays in such good shape while he hasn't been playing.
    Given that Hibbert has a tendency to be worn down playing more than 30 minutes...if Plumlee could even play 21 minutes without being worn down at a very high energy level....I'd be happy with that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Nevermind...I found this in his DX profile:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Plumlee-3922/

Looks like he can set a decent screen....but as I said....honestly...it's not hard to set a better screen than Hansbrough.
    Thanks for the link.

Sorry for not answering on your question. I got caught up in work and forgot about it

Actually, if one searches our SL game threads I have several write-ups on Miles. I wasn't particularly satisfied with some aspects of his game that I expected to be good (defensive rebounding, screen setting) but I was pleasantly surprised by some areas of his game that were supposed to be underdeveloped (scoring, driving, FTs).

Sports Logo

OJ's been sent down. Mad Anthony Waynes have a home game tomorrow so he'll probably be back with the club after.