Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    The Indiana Pacers today re-assigned rookie Miles Plumlee to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the Pacers’ NBA Development League affiliate. The assignment s the 46 th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons, while Plumlee is one of 33 NBA players to have been assigned to the NBA D-League this season.

    Plumlee (6-11, 255, Duke) re-joins the Mad Ants having played in two games for Fort Wayne during his previous assignment when he averaged 14.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 28.0 minutes. He has appeared in four games for the Pacers this season, scoring four points and grabbing five rebounds in 16 minutes. Selected 26 th overall by the Pacers in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft, Plumlee was a four-year member of the Blue Devils where he won an NCAA championship in 2010.

    Plumlee is expected to join the Mad Ants today and be available on Friday, Dec. 14 when the team hosts the Maine Red Claws in Fort Wayne.



    Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11715#ixzz2EyW0Lgzy


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    I hope he does well again and does not get discourged. I hope by the start of next season he is a rotational player by us. I think he could be a productive 10-15 minute guy.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    I assume Lance Stephenson's injury is the reason Orlando Johnson is not going?

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    On a side note, I am really pumped for Orlando, he can finally show what he can do.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Hopefully he's being sent to scout Shelvin Mack for the open roster spot.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  8. #6
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Does this mean he'll be playing there tomorrow night, too? If so, I am going to be in Fort Wayne that afternoon for other reasons, maybe I should consider sticking around for the game?

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this mean he'll be playing there tomorrow night, too? If so, I am going to be in Fort Wayne that afternoon for other reasons, maybe I should consider sticking around for the game?
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/miles...ague-two-games

    The Pacers' short press release on the subject suggests he will be there for both games. Perhaps you'll give him a ride back to Indianapolis?

  10. #8
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    I'm really glad we're actually beginning to utilize the D-League to some degree.

    I just wish it didn't have to start with a 24 year old 1st round pick.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully he's being sent to scout Shelvin Mack for the open roster spot.....
    We have 15 players under contract, we don't have an open roster spot.

  13. #10

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    If Miles has the necessary skills to succeed in the NBA I believe he will get there no matter what path they want him to follow.

    What excites me much more is that Frank told Miles and OJ are starting to come along in practice

  14. #11
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,497

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Meanwhile, Draymond Green who was still available when we drafted Plumlee is playing for the warriors and hit a game winning shot against Miami.....smh
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  15. #12
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Green is putting up DJ Augustin stats for the Warriors 2.7 ppg in 14 minutes and shooting 29%.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Mad Ants win! Mad Ants win! Plumlee is now 1-3 as a D-Leaguer!

    His final line tonight:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    I don't think he ever scored 28 in a month at Duke.

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    The stats are nice, but I need someone who can actually read talent to watch these games and tell me what skills will translate. I find it very difficult to watch the Developmental League contests because the guards are often too selfish on offense.

  21. #16
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,728

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The stats are nice, but I need someone who can actually read talent to watch these games and tell me what skills will translate. I find it very difficult to watch the Developmental League contests because the guards are often too selfish on offense.
    They dont. The league is broken basketball-wise. Everyone plays hard but no one wants to accumulate too many fouls or get injured.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #17

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The stats are nice, but I need someone who can actually read talent to watch these games and tell me what skills will translate. I find it very difficult to watch the Developmental League contests because the guards are often too selfish on offense.
    You should give it a watch, but don't think of it as watching a basketball game. Just focus on watching Plumlee play.

    Watch the way he runs the court. He's supremely athletic for a near 7 footer. And his conditioning must be good too because he played 42 minutes last night. Never looked tired to me.

    He hit mid range jumpers. And a nice lefty hook. All those skills translates. It's not like there's a difference between hitting open jumpers in the D League and the NBA.

    Also watch his pass catching skills. Some big men have trouble catching the ball. Doesn't look like that's a problem for Miles. Once again, I doubt if pass catching is much different in the NBA.

    In the previous game Miles matched up against Fab Melo. Miles played 10 more minutes than Fab and had 15 more rebounds. They both scored 10 points. Mile's had 4 blocks to Fab's 1. Nice to see Miles producing against someone that was drafted 4 spots higher.

  23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, Draymond Green who was still available when we drafted Plumlee is playing for the warriors and hit a game winning shot against Miami.....smh
    Could that happen because, dunno, the Warriors are actually playing Draymond? BRush's season-ending injury made the Ws thin at the SF spot and that's why Draymond is getting extended burn. They have to. It's similar as to why Ezeli is getting some burn as well. They need him since Bogut is injured and Biedrins does not seem to care (or to be able to anymore).

    Oh and Draymond is shooting 27.3% from the field (20% from 3). Not to mention that he has only 7 fouls less than points (64 points, 57 fouls). Those numbers are hardly something to be envious at.

    Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to take anything away from Draymond Green. His shot against Miami was indeed big (even though he was unguarded and it was point blank range) and his cut was indeed terrific (although, Jack's composure and pass were even better, imo). And he's a good defensive player as well. He's gritty and tough.

    I'm just tired of people complaining about Miles while not giving him a chance to prove his worth.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  26. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he ever scored 28 in a month at Duke.
    Well, here's your problem

  27. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the previous game Miles matched up against Fab Melo. Miles played 10 more minutes than Fab and had 15 more rebounds. They both scored 10 points. Mile's had 4 blocks to Fab's 1. Nice to see Miles producing against someone that was drafted 4 spots higher.
    Great post, Strummer, thanks for that. People were pretty positive about Melo before the draft:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ed-in-Fab-Melo

    To be honest, I'm kinda shocked by Plum's level of production, even if it is the D-League. Why wasn't he able to do this in college?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. #21

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Miles killed Fab in summer league too.

    Where can I watch the game?

  29. #22
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why wasn't he able to do this in college?
    Because he was strictly used as a screener / rebounder in Duke. It's pretty clear to me that there's more to him than that

  30. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,369

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because he was strictly used as a screener / rebounder in Duke. It's pretty clear to me that there's more to him than that
    Wait....can Miles ACTUALLY set a real screen and not one where the opposing Team simply runs through the screen like it's tissue paper?

    Cuz if he can set a pretty solid screen....I'd want him to play now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. #24

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miles killed Fab in summer league too.

    Where can I watch the game?
    The games are on YouTube. The easiest way to find them is to go to the Box Score for the game you want off the Mad Ants page. The game video is in the middle of the page. For me, the feed usually crashes my Firefox at least twice. So I have to restart it and drag the progress bar to where ever it was when it crashed.
    Mad Ants

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  33. #25
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Plumlee back to the Mad Ants

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miles killed Fab in summer league too.

    Where can I watch this game?
    I'd forgotten that. I chalked it up at the time to summer league craziness, but maybe there's something to it.

    Here's the game:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2zBObrUatU

    EDIT: Plumlee highlights at:

    14:15
    25:05

    Ok, that's the first quarter. I may watch more later, I may not. It's definitely not NBA-quality basketball, but I agree that he's got some NBA-level moves. He needs coaching, and he needs to play NBA minutes. He's no Dwight Howard, but I think he'll be at least a solid rotational player/borderline starter.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. NBADL's Mad Ants hire Laettner as asst. (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 02:20 PM
  2. The Mad Ants thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 01:08 AM
  3. A Typical Day in the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Front Office
    By Basketball Fan in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 12:37 PM
  4. Milwaukee joins Mad Ants
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
  5. heywoode's Mad Ants cheerleader photos
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •