Thread: Love's Comments on TWolves Management

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Love's Comments on TWolves Management

I don't disagree with him, but makes you wonder if he's had multiple discussions with their TPTB and are fed up with them. Not sure fans should be heckling him. If a Pacer said something during poor management decisions, I don't think I would.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...itical-remarks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Love's Comments on TWolves Management

KAHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Dude knew what he was getting into. You didn't have to sing an extension. Quit *****in'.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Rubio gets a 5 year max deal, love is gone for sure.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Love told Yahoo! Sports that owner Glen Taylor's comments that he wasn't a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs was "a tough pill to swallow."

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

trade Granger, West and some picks for him
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

I highly doubt he's going anywhere.

Minnesota has the potential to be one of the better teams in the West led by Ricky Rubio once he's 100% healthy. Plus they're well coached under Adelman.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love told Yahoo! Sports that owner Glen Taylor's comments that he wasn't a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs was "a tough pill to swallow."

Thats exactly where I come down on KLove as well, this guy can't lead his team to the playoffs even as the 8th seed. So what if he grabs 15 boards a game. They're empty stats in my book. Dude plays 40 mins a game and puts up these amazing stats, but he is obviously lacking somewhere. Either he is most tremendous player on a terrible team that constantly brings him back down to earth, or he puts up alot of hallow stats, and plays no real Defense.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

The Timberwolves were well situated in the playoff race last season until their entire team fell apart due to injuries. I would be okay with any deal including one (only 1) of either Hibbert, West, Granger, or Paul George + whatever we need to add in to make the salaries work. He is simply a great player, and he would be effective in any kind of offense. I think our team has proven you can have a quality defense with a defense-deficient PF. As we have 48 minutes of at best mediocrity at the position lol.

Love and his management have had verbals spars off and on in his career. I think this is just contract positioning. Lacking that, my gut tells me he wants to be included in the rumored T-Wolves/Lakers trade talks.

If I was the Thunder, after the season I'd offer Ibaka, the Raptors lottery pick and Jeremy Lamb for Love.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Thats exactly where I come down on KLove as well, this guy can't lead his team to the playoffs even as the 8th seed. So what if he grabs 15 boards a game. They're empty stats in my book. Dude plays 40 mins a game and puts up these amazing stats, but he is obviously lacking somewhere. Either he is most tremendous player on a terrible team that constantly brings him back down to earth, or he puts up alot of hallow stats, and plays no real Defense.
    Agreed. If Love, despite his "superstar" performance, cannot even get them to the playoffs, he really does not deserve to be called a star. I think he's really a good player individually, but if he cannot carry his team to at least an eighth seed says how hollow his stats are.

The other Kevin, who is now in Boston, consistently put the Wolves in the playoffs in just a few years since being drafted, despite the poor cast he had over the years. So it's no excuse for him. He needs to do a better job of backing his stats up with a decent record, especially now that he's playing under a great coach for the 2nd year and he has a potentially great cast.

Good player who doesn't make the guys around him much better and who has a whiny personality (remember the tough pill rant after a matchup with the Pacers). I simply can't stand him.

But he is right, the Wolves should be way better than they are right now with all the top 5 picks they owned over the years. And Kahn is just a troll, I vividly remember him saying that the Pacers offered nearly every player to him.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pathil275 For This Useful Post:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the TWolves have ever been a playoff team in their franchise history w/o KG.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Get Love some Tough Pills, quick!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

And the countdown to the next season where an NBA superstar demands a trade has begun. T - 562 days until the start of the 2014-15 season, and the where is Kevin Love going sweepstakes will begin. Don't count out the Lakers, who only have Steve Nash under contract that season, and is where Love played his one season of college ball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Love's stats are empty because he hasn't led his team to the playoffs in an historically tough Western Conference over the past few years? Have you guys seen who he's played with up until this year? Christ. What lunacy.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Is basketball a 1 man sport or something?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Before Rubio got hurt last season, the T-Wolves were well in the playoffs and were starting to look like one of those "8th seed's nobody wanted to see"

Think about this, aside from Rubio, who's the best player Love's played with? Beasley? Pekovic?

I'm no fan of the cry babyness, nor the "tough pills" comments, but Love can ball.

If the Lake show could somehow swing Gasol and pieces, for Love and pieces, it'd be a win win for both teams.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Not a huge fan of Love, but he has a point. I watched a decent amount of Wolves games last year and that team was just horribly put together. That was a team full of Sam Youngs. Wesley Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Anthony Tolliver, Darko? All scrubs getting meaningful minutes on that team last year. Beasley is about the most inconsistent and unintelligent player in the NBA, they did well to get rid of him. Pekovic looks like he might turn out to be fairly decent though, and Ridnour and Barea are good role players (albeit a little redundant). But that teams success rests on Rubio's success and health.

Now look at some of the players they picked up this year, Budginger (overrated), Josh Howard, Amundson (sound familiar?), Stiemsma. AK47 was their one good pickup, but he isn't going to make too much of an impact on the W/L column. Brandon Roy was a gamble and thats looking to be a bad one.

There isn't one player on that team outside Love and Rubio that I'd want on the Pacers. That says something about a management team that has had bunch of top 6 picks.

I like the idea of Love on the Pacers, but I don't like the idea of mortgaging a future for him either. I don't think he is a number 1 guy. And I don't see Minny giving him to you straight up for West, Augustin, and a first (which would be my offer, yeah it's way low ball, but I'm not giving up PG and West for Love)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Now look at some of the players they picked up this year, Budginger (overrated), Josh Howard, Amundson (sound familiar?), Stiemsma. AK47 was their one good pickup, but he isn't going to make too much of an impact on the W/L column. Brandon Roy was a gamble and thats looking to be a bad one.

There isn't one player on that team outside Love and Rubio that I'd want on the Pacers. That says something about a management team that has had bunch of top 6 picks.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Not a huge fan of Love, but he has a point. I watched a decent amount of Wolves games last year and that team was just horribly put together. That was a team full of Sam Youngs. Wesley Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Anthony Tolliver, Darko? All scrubs getting meaningful minutes on that team last year. Beasley is about the most inconsistent and unintelligent player in the NBA, they did well to get rid of him. Pekovic looks like he might turn out to be fairly decent though, and Ridnour and Barea are good role players (albeit a little redundant). But that teams success rests on Rubio's success and health.

The Wolves roster is pretty well constructed this year. Budinger had been pretty good for them before the injury and AK47 and Shved have been pretty much incredible for them, maybe the best pick ups in the entire offseason. Their 12-9 record while dealing with so many injuries speaks for itself.