Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

UB said.."B. Scott has some nice things to say about David west. And where would this team be without David West. I think without his production and just as important his leadership this team would be completely lost"

I suspect this team would be 5-17 right now. They really need to keep Dwest
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

The Grady tweet was hilarious and yet so true. PG is in the subway fighting Agent Smith...He is starting to believe...hahaha
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we kind of need to start talking about how big PG's extension's going to be
    I hope (and think) it will be a max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    She asked Tyler about coming to Ben's defense and Tyler said he would have done that with anyone. You could hear someone in the back ground snickering.
    I'm pretty sure it was Croshere.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

I could see this happening, but where is all the money going to come from to sign DWest, Granger, and Paul? To me with the way PG is playing it's a lock he'll be re-signed, but unless I've missed something salary wise it looks like either DWest or Granger won't be here in the 2014-15 season unless Herb changes his mind about not going over the LT. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I could see this happening, but where is all the money going to come from to sign DWest, Granger, and Paul? To me with the way PG is playing it's a lock he'll be re-signed, but unless I've missed something salary wise it looks like either DWest or Granger won't be here in the 2014-15 season unless Herb changes his mind about not going over the LT. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    I think if that's the choice, you cut bait on Granger and don't think twice about it.

Banned

I think if that's the choice, you cut bait on Granger and don't think twice about it.
    Even if you cut bait on Granger I don't think that a lineup of Hill, Lance, Paul, West and Roy can compete for anything.

Why would you hope for a max deal? I'd HOPE for a contract around 10-12 million or so

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Don't **** with little brother, says Tyler Hansbrough!
    The post-game court-side interview with the Hansbrough's was funny... Brooke asked if there was a little extra fight in him because it was his brother, and Tyler responded "I'd do that for anybody". Brooke and everyone watching was like, "Uh huh. Whatever you say T ."
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually, Tyler does have a point there. Remember when Gerald Henderson basically bodyslammed George Hill last year in like the third home game of the year? It was Tyler who got right up in Gerald's face immediately.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Tyler and Henderson have had bad blood since their days at UNC/Duke.

Turned into this.

Last edited by Since86; 12-13-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Why would you hope for a max deal? I'd HOPE for a contract around 10-12 million or so
    I'm hoping for that, because that would mean he's played at a level that is fairly consistent with what we've seen the last 5 games. Any contending team needs a "true max" guy. Our only hope of getting that kind of player is through the draft, and when Paul was drafted it was obvious he was our best shot at getting someone like that.

If he gets a contract in the 10-12 million range, that means we're stuck with another guy like Granger as our best player, which isn't good enough. You need a superstar to really have a chance, and Paul is the only player on this roster with the potential to get there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Even if you cut bait on Granger I don't think that a lineup of Hill, Lance, Paul, West and Roy can compete for anything.
    Might as well not re-sign any of them and just bottom out until a superstar falls in the Pacers' laps. Get out the white flags...

If we cut bait on Granger hopefully it'd be through a trade (wouldn't get much but something is better than nothing) or at least it would give us some cap flexibility.

Banned

I'm hoping for that, because that would mean he's played at a level that is fairly consistent with what we've seen the last 5 games. Any contending team needs a "true max" guy. Our only hope of getting that kind of player is through the draft, and when Paul was drafted it was obvious he was our best shot at getting someone like that.

If he gets a contract in the 10-12 million range, that means we're stuck with another guy like Granger as our best player, which isn't good enough. You need a superstar to really have a chance, and Paul is the only player on this roster with the potential to get there.
    I rather just give him an extension before he becomes an star, if he becomes an all star this year the Pacers are going to pay a lot.

That is the reason why I keep saying to trade West for a young up an coming player that could grow to be PG's Robin in the future(Brooks? Leonard? Derrick Williams? Lamb?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Actually, Tyler does have a point there. Remember when Gerald Henderson basically bodyslammed George Hill last year in like the third home game of the year? It was Tyler who got right up in Gerald's face immediately.
    Yeah I remember that game. Everyone was ready for Hansbrough to get revenge on Henderson for the UNC/Duke punch.

Mood

If George keeps playing at this level for the next few weeks before the ASB he may be in the ASG this game. He gets his scoring up to 16.5 17 ppg with his reputation for great D and 7 rebounds 4 assists he'll be really tough to keep out. He's outplaying the crap out of guys like Joe Johnson that would typically stand in his way.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I almost forgot, Paul George value would never be this high....
    Also . . . Free Lance's ankle.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I still don't know if he can be a true MAX superstar ala Kobe, Durant, etc. those guys are normally superstars from the start, or very close. Given his past few games I still think PG can be a Rudy Gay/Joe Johnson type of player. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but expecting him to all of a sudden become a top 10-15 player in the league (which is what a superstar is to me) is too much to expect, IMO.

We are going to have to build our team much the same way Memphis did, (0 top 15 players, but 3 top 30-40 players who
    Defend nd rebound at an elite level) we have PG, we need to look to try nd fill out the rest of the roster once West and DG are off the books. (Most likely Re-signing one)

I think if we can sign PG to a 10-12 mil/ yr contract, we have a good foundation to be a good team--as long as we can continue to add to our starting lineup in the future.