Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

  1. #101
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,380

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    UB said.."B. Scott has some nice things to say about David west. And where would this team be without David West. I think without his production and just as important his leadership this team would be completely lost"


    I suspect this team would be 5-17 right now. They really need to keep Dwest
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  2. #102
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,380

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    The Grady tweet was hilarious and yet so true. PG is in the subway fighting Agent Smith...He is starting to believe...hahaha
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  3. #103
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we kind of need to start talking about how big PG's extension's going to be
    I hope (and think) it will be a max deal.

  4. #104
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She asked Tyler about coming to Ben's defense and Tyler said he would have done that with anyone. You could hear someone in the back ground snickering.
    I'm pretty sure it was Croshere.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #105

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I hope (and think) it will be a max deal.


    I could see this happening, but where is all the money going to come from to sign DWest, Granger, and Paul? To me with the way PG is playing it's a lock he'll be re-signed, but unless I've missed something salary wise it looks like either DWest or Granger won't be here in the 2014-15 season unless Herb changes his mind about not going over the LT. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

  6. #106
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see this happening, but where is all the money going to come from to sign DWest, Granger, and Paul? To me with the way PG is playing it's a lock he'll be re-signed, but unless I've missed something salary wise it looks like either DWest or Granger won't be here in the 2014-15 season unless Herb changes his mind about not going over the LT. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    I think if that's the choice, you cut bait on Granger and don't think twice about it.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if that's the choice, you cut bait on Granger and don't think twice about it.
    Even if you cut bait on Granger I don't think that a lineup of Hill, Lance, Paul, West and Roy can compete for anything.

  8. #108
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope (and think) it will be a max deal.
    Why would you hope for a max deal? I'd HOPE for a contract around 10-12 million or so

  9. #109
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,769

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't **** with little brother, says Tyler Hansbrough!
    The post-game court-side interview with the Hansbrough's was funny... Brooke asked if there was a little extra fight in him because it was his brother, and Tyler responded "I'd do that for anybody". Brooke and everyone watching was like, "Uh huh. Whatever you say T ."
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  11. #110
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Actually, Tyler does have a point there. Remember when Gerald Henderson basically bodyslammed George Hill last year in like the third home game of the year? It was Tyler who got right up in Gerald's face immediately.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. #111
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Tyler and Henderson have had bad blood since their days at UNC/Duke.




    Turned into this.

    Last edited by Since86; 12-13-2012 at 12:14 PM.

  13. #112
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you hope for a max deal? I'd HOPE for a contract around 10-12 million or so
    I'm hoping for that, because that would mean he's played at a level that is fairly consistent with what we've seen the last 5 games. Any contending team needs a "true max" guy. Our only hope of getting that kind of player is through the draft, and when Paul was drafted it was obvious he was our best shot at getting someone like that.

    If he gets a contract in the 10-12 million range, that means we're stuck with another guy like Granger as our best player, which isn't good enough. You need a superstar to really have a chance, and Paul is the only player on this roster with the potential to get there.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  15. #113

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if you cut bait on Granger I don't think that a lineup of Hill, Lance, Paul, West and Roy can compete for anything.
    Might as well not re-sign any of them and just bottom out until a superstar falls in the Pacers' laps. Get out the white flags...

  16. #114

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if you cut bait on Granger I don't think that a lineup of Hill, Lance, Paul, West and Roy can compete for anything.
    If we cut bait on Granger hopefully it'd be through a trade (wouldn't get much but something is better than nothing) or at least it would give us some cap flexibility.

  17. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping for that, because that would mean he's played at a level that is fairly consistent with what we've seen the last 5 games. Any contending team needs a "true max" guy. Our only hope of getting that kind of player is through the draft, and when Paul was drafted it was obvious he was our best shot at getting someone like that.

    If he gets a contract in the 10-12 million range, that means we're stuck with another guy like Granger as our best player, which isn't good enough. You need a superstar to really have a chance, and Paul is the only player on this roster with the potential to get there.
    I rather just give him an extension before he becomes an star, if he becomes an all star this year the Pacers are going to pay a lot.

    That is the reason why I keep saying to trade West for a young up an coming player that could grow to be PG's Robin in the future(Brooks? Leonard? Derrick Williams? Lamb?).

  18. #116

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, Tyler does have a point there. Remember when Gerald Henderson basically bodyslammed George Hill last year in like the third home game of the year? It was Tyler who got right up in Gerald's face immediately.
    Yeah I remember that game. Everyone was ready for Hansbrough to get revenge on Henderson for the UNC/Duke punch.

  19. #117
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,953
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    If George keeps playing at this level for the next few weeks before the ASB he may be in the ASG this game. He gets his scoring up to 16.5 17 ppg with his reputation for great D and 7 rebounds 4 assists he'll be really tough to keep out. He's outplaying the crap out of guys like Joe Johnson that would typically stand in his way.

  20. #118
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,164

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost forgot, Paul George value would never be this high....
    Also . . . Free Lance's ankle.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. #119
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping for that, because that would mean he's played at a level that is fairly consistent with what we've seen the last 5 games. Any contending team needs a "true max" guy. Our only hope of getting that kind of player is through the draft, and when Paul was drafted it was obvious he was our best shot at getting someone like that.

    If he gets a contract in the 10-12 million range, that means we're stuck with another guy like Granger as our best player, which isn't good enough. You need a superstar to really have a chance, and Paul is the only player on this roster with the potential to get there.
    I still don't know if he can be a true MAX superstar ala Kobe, Durant, etc. those guys are normally superstars from the start, or very close. Given his past few games I still think PG can be a Rudy Gay/Joe Johnson type of player. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but expecting him to all of a sudden become a top 10-15 player in the league (which is what a superstar is to me) is too much to expect, IMO.

    We are going to have to build our team much the same way Memphis did, (0 top 15 players, but 3 top 30-40 players who
    Defend nd rebound at an elite level) we have PG, we need to look to try nd fill out the rest of the roster once West and DG are off the books. (Most likely Re-signing one)

    I think if we can sign PG to a 10-12 mil/ yr contract, we have a good foundation to be a good team--as long as we can continue to add to our starting lineup in the future.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 05:08 AM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
  4. Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
  5. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •