Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

When you hold everyone except for CJ Miles (who had the first half of a lifetime then did nothing after halftime) and Samardo Samuels to well below their nightly scoring average, its been a good night defensively. If not for Miles, that game is a complete blowout.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Team defense on Kyrie's penetration was superb a night after his evisceration of the putrid Lakers D. This team is still really an enigma, but it's kind of fun. They could totally a rip off a ten game win streak to start January and I wouldn't bat an eye, at the same time they could lose 10 in a row and I wouldn't bat an eye either. Weird season so far. Just hope things stay sort of how they are till Danny is back.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

I almost forgot, Paul George value would never be this high....

I've said a few times before that we traded away a lot of our energy from last year so at least Ben will give us some of that. I'm hoping for more.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Yeah, they're certainly still a riddle. Danny gets and is 100%, Roy keeps up the All NBA D and hits at least like...40%, West continues being West, PG's hot streak isn't actually just a streak, I could easily see us making the ECF. Then I could see them losing by 15 on Friday and go right back to blow it up.

Also, West is right now at his pre-ACL efficiency level. LIke the numbers are nearly identical, he's actually rebounding better though. Dude is a beast. It's pretty incredible how predictable ACL recovery has become it used to change a player so much. Now it is like 6-9 months til you play bball again, and then basically another 6-10 til you are back at 100%, but the crazy thing is how consistent the recovery is and generally how well people return to form once they are recovered. I mean West's numbers are almost identical to his year that he hurt the knee.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost forgot, Paul George value would never be this high....
    And I almost forgot to remind that you that this statement is still correct

I don't get why people are making such a big deal about the brothers thing; we've had it before.

Does no one remember the Davis brothers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't get why people are making such a big deal about the brothers thing; we've had it before.

I think its more the fact that for once our bench wasn't atrocious and wasn't a complete liability

Oh, you guys are idiots, how could you forgot about them?!

Just kidding, I know they aren't brothers

Mood

Hicks pointed out on Twitter that a hit like that cost Tyler his rookie season.
    No, I was re-tweeting Indy Cornrows who pointed that out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Amazing tale of two halves. Impressed with Ben's hustle plays. Amazing save with a desperation behind-the-back pass under the basket as he was going out of bounds. Also, West was flirting with a triple double nearing the end of the third quarter. He didn't get it, but he had 6-7 assists and rebounds going into the fourth quarter. Yeah, I'd say he's back to pre-injury mode.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Amazing tale of two halves.
    It looked like a tale of two halves but this wasn't exactly the case for our team. Our scoring was at a similar pace. It was actually lower in the second half but that's to be expected since the last 4-3 minutes were garbage time.

People would argue that our D was better at the second half and that certainly has some merit. But it wasn't solely our D.

It was a tale of two halves for the Cavs.

They hit 7 of their 8 3 pointers in the first half. They hit just 2 of their remaining 14 3 pointers in the second half.

That's what changed the game the most.

Those 7 3s are 21 points. The 2 3s are (of course) 6 points. If you take the points that the Cavs got from 3 in the first half and replace them with the ones they got in the second half then the Cavs would have scored 42 points in the first half. Not quite good but not terrible either.

Personally, I don't believe that we were coasting in the first half. It's true that I didn't like our D very much at the start but some of the shots they hit were ridiculous. The law of averages was sure to catch up to them. I just never expected it to hit so hard.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It looked like a tale of two halves but this wasn't exactly the case for our team. Our scoring was at a similar pace. It was actually lower in the second half but that's to be expected since the last 4-3 minutes were garbage time.

People would argue that our D was better at the second half and that certainly has some merit. But it wasn't solely our D.

It was a tale of two halves for the Cavs.

They hit 7 of their 8 3 pointers in the first half. They hit just 2 of their remaining 14 3 pointers in the second half.

That's what changed the game the most.

Those 7 3s are 21 points. The 2 3s are (of course) 6 points. If you take the points that the Cavs got from 3 in the first half and replace them with the ones they got in the second half then the Cavs would have scored 42 points in the first half. Not quite good but not terrible either.

Personally, I don't believe that we were coasting in the first half. It's true that I didn't like our D very much at the start but some of the shots they hit were ridiculous. The law of averages was sure to catch up to them. I just never expected it to hit so hard.
    I thought Miles had a lot of very easy looks early.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I thought Miles had a lot of very easy looks early.
    He had some easy looks. He had some looks over Lance at the beggining (who probably didn't expect him to shoot it early in the shot clock) and then some wide open shots created by some nice ball movement. Then again, he hit a very deep 3 as well. But he had some good looks in the 2nd as well. I remember a wide open 3 to start the 3rd quarter that he missed.

But it wasn't just Miles. It was most of the Cavs. Samardo Samuels would hit 23 ft jumpers. Daniel Gibson would hit 3s in the first half. In the second half, Gibson airballed some 3s. It was like night and day.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Loved Paul George's game tonight. Lots of stuff going to the basket early, easy shots, good D, etc. I didn't think he had it in him.

I want Gerald Green to succeed. I really do. And I agree that he was putting forth good effort out there last night. But, damn do we need the guy to make open shots and get us about 12 pts per game off the bench. FRUSTRATION.

Last night would have been a perfect opportunity for him to establish something but he couldn't throw it in the ocean despite wide open looks. Hoping for Philly game I guess.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

uh .... uh .. same last name... not really brothers.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

The difference is that the Hansbroughs are actually related...

Is there any where you can watch the on court postgame interviews from Brooke? I was at the game and saw she was interviewing Tyler and Ben but obviously have no idea what they talked about. Does FSI post these online anywhere?

Undefeated

Enjoyed the game. Thought PG played well (though if he finished hard at the rim every time he'd have another 6 points or so). Like that Hill came back strong after a really rough first half.

Other thoughts, Lance looked really good till he got injured. Glad it's a sprain and not broken. Ben not only played pretty well, but his style of play made the entire second unit look better. Also, his D is so much better than DJs that it almost feels wrong to compare the two. Hibbert is struggling, but his D is still excellent. I can't imagine West leaving after this year (not that I can't imagine it, I can't imagine this team without him. He's just that important).

The Cavs were shooting out of their minds in the first, figured it would come back down and we'd be able to make a run. A lot of the shots they were hitting weren't easy.
    Danger Zone

RLeWorm

Paul George is hot right now! This is what we all been wanting him to do.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Paul George 2.0,now bossing it and with drive to the basket"

Please Paul remain like that.We love it.

B. Scott has some nice things to say about David west. And where would this team be without David West. I think without his production and just as important his leadership this team would be completely lost

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....indiana_p.html

Byron Scott believes Indiana Pacers should keep going West: Cleveland Cavaliers Insider

INDIANAPOLIS -- With All-Star Danny Granger still out with a sore left knee, power forward David West is leading the Pacers in scoring and rebounding, averaging 17.5 points and 8.6 boards a game.

Cavaliers coach Byron Scott is not the least bit surprised, having coached West in New Orleans.

"The one thing about DWest is that he's one of the smartest players I've ever had," Scott said before Wednesday's game. "His basketball IQ is off the charts. He knows how to get it to where he wants to go to. His basketball skills are some of the best in the league.

"For a big man his size, he can stretch it out to three. I don't think he's shot any threes since he's been here. If he has, it hasn't been many. But in New Orleans, we had it where he was able to knock down threes as well. He can post, mid-range game, can put it on the floor, pass, he does a little bit of everything.

"Nothing he does is real flashy. I think that's why he doesn't get all the attention he deserves, but he's very solid in every area of the game. That's just David. He's got an old-school type game, but he's very effective."

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    Is there any where you can watch the on court postgame interviews from Brooke? I was at the game and saw she was interviewing Tyler and Ben but obviously have no idea what they talked about. Does FSI post these online anywhere?

She asked Tyler about coming to Ben's defense and Tyler said he would have done that with anyone. You could hear someone in the back ground snickering. She asked Ben how he felt he did and he said he worked very hard this summer to get ready for this opportunity. Tyler said he thought Ben stayed within himself and did not try to do too much. Ben thought he did a decent job.

If this is the kind of play we get from Ben I hope we do not have to watch DJ anymore.
    Last edited by owl; 12-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-