Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread

Vogel says "probably Green" to replace Lance with the starters if/when he misses time

Id rather see young fill in as the starter for lance. Atleast he brings some defense that matches up with the starters.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

All I really want from Roy is just to hit some of the point blank tips and hooks. That's what drives me nuts. I don't need him to be a primary offensive option. But he gets a good 5 or 6 four footers a night. Put that with the D and I'll take it.

Good start for BHans. Great night for George. Hey, it is Cleveland, but I guess at this point a win is a win. Philly game will be a very interesting barometer. Paging Gerald Green's shot. Paging Gerald Green's shot.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starters are the best defensive unit. Bench is still a sieve on defense for the most part...especially if they are all on the court together.
    Some of them are, Gerald Green is actually a pretty good one on one defender, he just loses his man sometimes. He is getting better though. Mahinmi is very solid on D and Sam Young is very solid as well. DJ Augustine was the biggest culprit on defense, but now that he is getting DNP-CDs the bench's overall defense will be much better. Ben is a huge upgrade on the defensive end.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    - I think you have to give Roy Hibbert credit, he makes a huge impact with his defense. He doesn't let his poor offensive performances get him down. Can you imagine if Jermaine O'Neal went through a slump of this proportion?
    I won't.Yes he's magnificent on D and that's why he still saves face .But he's so bad on the other end that it's close to ridiculous.Tonight he couldn't get a basket even if he was all by himself under the rim.It's not a slump any more.Slump would be something for 4-5 games.And lol about Jermain O'Neal.He wouldn't be at that situation cause he was twice the player Hibbert is on offense.

Good comeback.Positives from the game are certainly Ben Hansbrough who has probably offered the same DJ did so far,PG continues to boss games lately and that's very encouraging.West was once again really good with some neat passes too.Roy and Gerald Green should have a Z- each.The former just for his offense and the latter for his overall game.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

So we kind of need to start talking about how big PG's extension's going to be

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Vogel says "probably Green" to replace Lance with the starters if/when he misses time
    Oh dear God.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I won't.Yes he's magnificent on D and that's why he still saves face .But he's so bad on the other end that it's close to ridiculous.Tonight he couldn't get a basket even if he was all by himself under the rim.It's not a slump any more.Slump would be something for 4-5 games.And lol about Jermain O'Neal.He wouldn't be at that situation cause he was twice the player Hibbert is on offense.
    Good comeback.Positives from the game are certainly Ben Hansbrough who has probably offered the same DJ did so far,PG continues to boss games lately and that's very encouraging.West was once again really good with some neat passes too.Roy and Gerald Green should have a Z- each.The first just for his offense and the other one for his overall game.
    Yeah, Jermaine was the better player. My point being that a lot of players let their performance on the offensive end effect their performance on defense and Hibbert isn't doing that. Jermaine had to have a thousand touches a game to be effective.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, Jermaine was the better player. My point being that a lot of players let their performance on the offensive end effect their performance on defense and Hibbert isn't doing that. Jermaine had to have a thousand touches a game to be effective.
    I got what you mean, rock but I'm telling you that it would affect him for not so long because really good players will always find ways to score.Jermain was more than solid on both ends.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Their bench has to be at least as bad as ours. Maybe worse.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Paul George stats will look like this after tonights game, 16 ppg 7 rpg 3 apg, all star 2012
    Unless you think Evan Turner is an all star also (puts up the same numbers) Paul is prob not going to the AS game

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't **** with little brother, says Tyler Hansbrough!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Hicks pointed out on Twitter that a hit like that cost Tyler his rookie season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

- I think you have to give Roy Hibbert credit, he makes a huge impact with his defense. He doesn't let his poor offensive performances get him down. Can you imagine if Jermaine O'Neal went through a slump of this proportion?
    No. I can't imagine Jermaine O'Neal going through a slump like this. That's because he never went through a slump like this one. He didn't shoot the ball that well his last couple of years because he was playing on two bad knees and a bad shoulder but he never struggled to score like Roy is this year.

With that said, Roy's defense has been fantastic. His offense has been rather Rodman-esque.

Cool tweet about Paul George from Micheal Grady after the game:

@Michael Grady With the way Paul George has played lately, it's safe to say he's in the process of fighting Agent Smith in the subway. Starting 2 believe...

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness

Stephenson on his injury: “I’m gonna try to get back as soon as possible. It’s just an ankle sprain. In two days, I think I’ll be alright.”
    Retweeted by MAStamper
    Collapse

Retweeted
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Barbosa would be so valuable right now...
    Any vet who can score would be much appreciated. I wish someone would compile the bench's FG% for us. It can't be too good.

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Lance will be fine. He'll be sore for a while, but I'm sure they're used to sore ankles.

PG has finally been who we wanted him to be, and I must say Mahinmi is really looking good.

Sports Logo

Anyone else think that it's odd that Hibbert....not Mahinmi or Plumlee....closed out the game with us up by double-digit with less than 2 minutes left in the game?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Anyone else think that it's odd that Hibbert....not Mahinmi or Plumlee....closed out the game with us up by double-digit with less than 2 minutes left in the game?
    Roy needs as much time as possible to figure out his O. Mahinmi is playing well and Plumlee was in street clothes.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Prob trying to get him a bucket or two to help his mental state. Didn't work.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Don't **** with little brother, says Tyler Hansbrough!
    I understand why Tyler reacted that way....but if you watch the replay...it was Tyler's reaching and grabbing for the ball that prompted Thompson to react by swinging his elbows...that led to the accidental elbow to Ben's neck.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Roy needs as much time as possible to figure out his O. Mahinmi is playing well and Plumlee was in street clothes.
    I don't know about you...but I don't want my $14 mil player playing garbage time for risk of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    Any vet who can score would be much appreciated. I wish someone would compile the bench's FG% for us. It can't be too good.
    Ian is 35-86 (40.6%).
    Tyler is 35-90 (38.8%).
    Gerald is 57-155 (36.7%).
    Sam Young is 35-86 (40.6%).
    DJ is 21-79 (26.5%).

I didn't realize the number of shots taken was so close between those guys. Fascinating. Anyway, that totals out to 183-496, or 36.8%. Taking DJ out of the lineup move the numbers to 162-417, or 38.8%.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Bench average FG% per game. Of course Ben hasn't had enough attempts to include him but this is really bad. With Roy looking like he has regressed to high school days, it just shows that PGeorge, Hill and West MUST have solid games for this team to win.

FGM FGA FG%
    Gerald Green, SF 2.7 7.0 .381
    Tyler Hansbrough, PF 1.5 4.0 .376
    Ian Mahinmi, C 1.6 3.9 .415
    Sam Young, SF 1.8 4.4 .405
    D.J. Augustin, PG 1.0 3.8 .266