Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luck to Pro Bowl?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl?

So impressive! Lovely logo material there!
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-13-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

It would be pretty cool if he got voted in, and I think on the basis of his actual play he deserves it. But I'm sure someone with neater stats will get in.

And pelicans are awesome, why are we even debating this.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Luck will get the fan vote, but he doesn't deserve them. He shouldn't be all pro this year. Shaub or Ben will get in.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap...l-vote-leaders

He's currently in 3rd, and if he can hold on, he's headin to Hawaii.
    Yeah I think he is the 3rd most impressive QB in the AFC by far, even before Ben's injury I would have given Luck the edge, I really hope he get it that would be cool.... also I hope that he is not playing in the game.... Wink....

Btw, not sure if someone mentioned this or not but he should get in anyways, there is like a 95% chance in my eyes that either the Broncos or the Pats will be in the superbowl and he would be the first alternate, hell he may even be the starter depending on who actually plays.

P.S. Kid Minneapolis what colts side do you frequent? you should checkout www.coltsauthority.com, it is pretty good, and you don't have to listen to the BS Brad Wells puts out all the time either.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Luck will get the fan vote, but he doesn't deserve them. He shouldn't be all pro this year. Shaub or Ben will get in.
    How do you figure? Schaubs team is winning but his play this year overall is not better than Lucks, Ben's close but Luck still gets the edge
    Why so SERIOUS

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    P.S. Kid Minneapolis what colts side do you frequent? you should checkout www.coltsauthority.com, it is pretty good, and you don't have to listen to the BS Brad Wells puts out all the time either.

To be honest, this is sort of my main Colts forum.... I've been looking for a good Colts-centric site for damn near a decade. Colts.com has some juveniles... Coltclique.com invited me and they were just too rude and crude for my tastes. I've been to 3-4 other sites and they just weren't cutting it for me.

I'm trying to find a good Colts forum that has the level of education and professionalism that Pacers Digest has. S'why I sorta gave up and just start posting in this "side forum of a Pacers site". Honestly if Pacers Digest just expanded and became "Indiana Sports Digest", with an equal focus on Pacers, Colts, and all the colleges, I'd be like .

I'll check out Colts Authority.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Simmons on Luck:

Meanwhile, here's the best thing you could say about Luck's rookie season: We're watching the greatest Colt ever (and one of the greatest QBs of all time) submitting one of the greatest comeback seasons in sports history and single-handedly willing another franchise into becoming a Super Bowl contender … and the Colts fans don't give a ****! NONE OF THEM CARE! How many NFL rookies could have pulled that off? Marino in '84, Luck in '12, Griffin in '12 … and we're done.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-qb-power-poll

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

No it's not awesome, it's disawesome. "Hi, I scoop fish out of the water. Fear me." Goofy. No thank you. Pelicans are about as fear-inspiring as a llama. Love them as animals, but as a team mascot?

I'm still trying to imagine what their logo is going to look like. Every incarnation I imagine is just lame as hell, lol.... They almost can't use a profile of an actual pelican at all.... they'd have to go almost all textual. I'm chuckling internally quite often about the entire prospect of a team called the pelicans.

Btw.. the Colts were named that because of the large amount of thoroughbred racing and breeding in the Baltimore area. And a Colt is not a "baby horse". A baby horse is called a "foal". A colt is any horse under 4 years old. It's what thoroughbreds are generally called in their racing days. Thoroughbreds are incredible creatures, the physical pique of the natural animal kingdom, extremely impressive specimens... I assure you that a horse weighing over half a ton is no small animal. I'd LOVE to see a pelican beat the **** out of a horse.

If I had to choose between

and

clearly the pelican is a more impressive specimen, lol...

I know what a friggin' colt is dude. That comment was obviously about a quarter serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    How do you figure? Schaubs team is winning but his play this year overall is not better than Lucks, Ben's close but Luck still gets the edge
    I don't think so. Luck's been good, but he's only completing 55% of his passes and he's thrown as many INTs as TDs. You don't get brownie points in the NFL for winning games, you gotta have the numbers, and right now he's behind a lot of players. That could change though, with 3 games to play.

Mood

To be honest, this is sort of my main Colts forum.... I've been looking for a good Colts-centric site for damn near a decade. Colts.com has some juveniles... Coltclique.com invited me and they were just too rude and crude for my tastes. I've been to 3-4 other sites and they just weren't cutting it for me.

I'm trying to find a good Colts forum that has the level of education and professionalism that Pacers Digest has. S'why I sorta gave up and just start posting in this "side forum of a Pacers site". Honestly if Pacers Digest just expanded and became "Indiana Sports Digest", with an equal focus on Pacers, Colts, and all the colleges, I'd be like .

Yeah I like it, not as much of fan posting, there is some, but most of the discussion comes from the articles that are posted by the writers. The discussions can typically go in various directions, but it is a lot of different, analysis. One that you may like a lot is the comparison of quarterbacks on 3rd and long situations, and their efficiency, Luck is #2 I believe and RGIII is either last or second to last.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    I don't think so. Luck's been good, but he's only completing 55% of his passes and he's thrown as many INTs as TDs. You don't get brownie points in the NFL for winning games, you gotta have the numbers, and right now he's behind a lot of players. That could change though, with 3 games to play.
    True in a sense, numbers are important, but you have to look at all the numbers, as I mentioned Luck is the first or 2nd most efficient QB in the league on 3rd down and long situations, that is ridiculous for a rookie QB to be that good when it really matters. Also you have to watch the games because you can not capture everything by statistics, like the Non catch on the point pass that Luck threw to Avery that was dropped in the endzone last game.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know the feeling, Lord Helmet and I have always wanted a "Colts Digest"...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

I don't see Andrew going to the pro bowl. Yes he has had a great year especially since he was a rookie that looked like a 4 year veteran with his knowledge of the system and his ability to stay focused under pressure. Next year might be a different story if he keeps progressing and we surround him with a better supporting cast.