Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luck to Pro Bowl?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Luck to Pro Bowl?

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap...l-vote-leaders

He's currently in 3rd, and if he can hold on, he's headin to Hawaii.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Default Re: Luck to Pro Bowl?

He has to get the support of the coaches and players to get in as well. The fans only get 1/3 of the vote. It's probably between him, Schaub, Dalton, and Roethlisberger for the last spot. Luck has more yards then them, but all the others beat him in just about every other category (other than I guess wins, which Luck would of course slide in behind Schaub). So we'll see.

With Super Bowl participants not playing in the pro bowl (it's still the week before the SB, right?),

IMO either Brady or Manning won't be going because one will have a bigger game to play.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie is 2nd in the AFC, he should be a no-brainer.

Dwayne Allen and Robert Mathis have outside chances.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice and all, but I don't care one iota whether he makes 10 pro bowls or zero. It's a pointless game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the distinguishment of being voted to it is relevant... the actual game itself is pointless.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, I dunno, it's nice if it's happen, but I said back when everyone was saying he wouldn't make it or win ROY that I didn't care either way. I mean nice to be recognized and all, but it doesn't make me more excited about him.
    The game itself is a joke, but the act of being voted to be among the NFL elite is still an honor, IMO. "8 Time Pro Bowler Marvin Harrison" has a nice ring to it, even if the game itself is meaningless. It's the fact that he was voted among the elite of NFL receivers for 8 straight years that is the honor.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm just saying is any Colts fan going to think more or less than they did about Luck before? Is any Colts fan going to use this as a reason to prop up Luck? I hope not. Like I said, it's nice. That's it.

No one is going to think any more or less of him. As you say, it's just a nice accomplishment.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well..... yea. I do actually. It's not like I went from not respecting Luck before to thinking he's the best player in the universe. But it's a lil' something that just adds to the picture.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good grief, thanks for coming into a bowl of cheerios that recognized a positive about one of our players and just pissing all up in it. I didn't say it made him a "better player"; it just adds to the overall legend. Making the Pro Bowl as a rookie is pretty neat. You don't care? Well guess what -- I don't care that you don't care.

And don't compare me to OlBlu just because I think it's cool he might make the Pro Bowl. Making that correlation is wacked, to say the least.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Yah, don't really understand TJ peeing in my oatmeal here. It's an honor, like any other individual award. It doesn't make him a better player, but it's a nice feather in his cap and recognition of the superb season he has had.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dude, just stop talking.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No.... they aren't. It's drivel. You don't gotta tell me the actual game sucks, I know it does, but contrary to your belief, the distinguishment of being voted to it still carries weight. No one said it was the end of the world if he didn't go. No one said the Pro Bowl was going to define his rookie season. We simply said it'd be a nice thing to happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you on drugs? We get it, you don't care. Quit OlBlu'ing this thread, dude.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And next time, don't enter a thread just to say "I don't really care". Hit "Back" and move on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Uhhh right. I post about the Pro Bowl and you rain all over it, and *I'm* the prick. Got it. I never told anyone to stop posting in the Pelican thread; I can't help it you got all butt-hurt because I called it a silly name, for whatever reason you have some attachment to the name, I get it, I moved on, lol....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea. Rained. All over it. "It's pointless". "I don't care one iota." "It's a pointless game." But you said "it's nice and all" in front of it, so it's all good. O_O

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm goin' to bed, lol.... g'night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Yea. Rained. All over it. "It's pointless". "I don't care one iota." "It's a pointless game." But you said "it's nice and all" in front of it, so it's all good. O_O
    LOL, I'm sorry if I ruined your day because I don't care that much if Luck makes the pro bowl this year. Guess I have higher goals for this 9-4 football team and its QB.

By all means go back to enjoying every moment of the pro bowl, didn't know you were so fragile about someone else having an opinion. I'll go ahead and delete my posts just so your thread will be maintained in all its glory.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he makes the Pro Bowl, just so I can get one of those sexy jerseys.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Already voted for him numerous times. I will not vote for RG3. #Overrated
    Smothered Chicken!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Uhhh right. I post about the Pro Bowl and you rain all over it, and *I'm* the prick. Got it. I never told anyone to stop posting in the Pelican thread; I can't help it you got all butt-hurt because I called it a silly name, for whatever reason you have some attachment to the name, I get it, I moved on, lol....
    Pelicans is still an awesome, awesome name. One on one a pelican beats the **** out of a baby horse in a Survivor Series of animals.

I wish I could have seen all TJ's responses before he deleted them.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know what the heck happened here but I can't think of a player more deserving of the Pro Bowl this season than Luck. I've tried to watch as little of him/ his team as possible, but you can't argue with his success rate. Impressive. 9-4 with a team that doesn't really strike fear into the rest of the league, but the kid knows how to make the necessary plays. There's always something to be said about mental toughness and leadership, and he has it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Pelicans is still an awesome, awesome name. One on one a pelican beats the **** out of a baby horse in a Survivor Series of animals.

I wish I could have seen all TJ's responses before he deleted them.
    No it's not awesome, it's disawesome. "Hi, I scoop fish out of the water. Fear me." Goofy. No thank you. Pelicans are about as fear-inspiring as a llama. Love them as animals, but as a team mascot?

I'm still trying to imagine what their logo is going to look like. Every incarnation I imagine is just lame as hell, lol.... They almost can't use a profile of an actual pelican at all.... they'd have to go almost all textual. I'm chuckling internally quite often about the entire prospect of a team called the pelicans.

Btw.. the Colts were named that because of the large amount of thoroughbred racing and breeding in the Baltimore area. And a Colt is not a "baby horse". A baby horse is called a "foal". A colt is any horse under 4 years old. It's what thoroughbreds are generally called in their racing days. Thoroughbreds are incredible creatures, the physical pique of the natural animal kingdom, extremely impressive specimens... I assure you that a horse weighing over half a ton is no small animal. I'd LOVE to see a pelican beat the **** out of a horse.

If I had to choose between

and

clearly the pelican is a more impressive specimen, lol...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-13-2012 at 10:09 PM.

No it's not awesome, it's disawesome. "Hi, I scoop fish out of the water. Fear me." Goofy. No thank you. Pelicans are about as fear-inspiring as a llama.

I'm still trying to imagine what their logo is going to look like. Every incarnation I imagine is just lame as hell, lol.... I'm laughing quite a lot internally about this entire prospect of a team called the pelicans.

C'mon, who wouldn't be scared of this?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: