Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

  1. #1
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Link


    INDIANAPOLIS - A Pacers player was involved in a crash on Indianapolis' south side Monday night.

    Lance Stephenson, 23, a guard, rear-ended another vehicle at U.S. 31 South and Shelby Street just after 6 p.m., police said.

    Stephenson was taken to St. Francis Hospital to be checked out.

    The other driver was cited for driving with a suspended license.

    Stephenson, who is originally from New York, was drafted by the Pacers in 2010.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,628

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Glad he's alright.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,541

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    lol he rear-ended the guy and the guy gets a ticket

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,279

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    That's the kind of news about Lance which makes me go...whew!

  8. #5
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    I wonder if he was under the influence of drugs/alcohol?

  9. #6

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if he was under the influence of drugs/alcohol?
    im going to ignore this
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  11. #7
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    If he was under the influence, it would've been the headline story on ESPN along with a picture of Lance making the choke sign on the sidelines of the Heat series.

    I'm glad he's OK and hope it doesn't keep him off the court for any extended time.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,184
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if he was under the influence of drugs/alcohol?
    Joking, sarcastic or whatever....... really?? I'm guessing you'll come back and say that your comment was about the other driver and not Lance...... sureeeeee......

    Edit: if you are Lance's #1 fan then man he's in trouble.....
    Last edited by sportfireman; 12-10-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  14. #9
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,541

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    I think GeniusJMG's statement needs to be take along with the fact that his "member" title is "Lance Stephenson #1 Fan"

    It was clearly sarcastic and alluding to all of the comments over the years that have him pegged as a troublemaker.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  16. #10

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Lance initiated contact while driving...sounds right.

    Hope he and other person(s) is/are okay.

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    I wasn't being sarcastic. Yes I'm a big Stephenson fan, but that doesn't change the fact that rear ending another vehicle is something that is normally caused because someone is either/and or got

    A. Not paying attention
    B. Under the influence
    C. Got break checked

  19. #12
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,541

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Yes I'm a big Stephenson fan, but that doesn't change the fact that rear ending another vehicle is something that is normally caused because someone is either/and or got

    A. Not paying attention
    B. Under the influence
    C. Got break checked
    Then I take it back; I was wrong. However, I would think that choice A is far and away the most probable choice there. Without even considering weather issues, which are probably no. 2 on the list. Again by far. Any attempt to bring up intoxication is almost certainly a bait on "character" issues.

    Unless your first reaction to hearing that a friend of your friend rear-ended somebody would be, "Was he drunk?" in all seriousness. Then I can understand why you went there.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Ummm . . . if the other guy got a ticket, then Lance would have been nailed if under the influence. Next.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  23. #14

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    If Lance were under the influence we'd know.

    But let's not pretend we weren't thinking it.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    The real question is: "Was he texting while driving?"

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  27. #16

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Speaking of Indy sports related car crime, a valet at the Westin stole Reggie Wayne's Bentley and took it on a drunken joy ride last night. Think it's related to PG's rims getting jacked?

  28. #17
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,632

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Rear-ending someone is an automatic "at fault" and ticket in Indiana and most other states unless something clearly occurred that points to the other driver.

    If Lance was not cited, the other guy clearly was doing something (like swerving into Lance's lane, for instance).
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  30. #18

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Glad to hear he's all right and wasn't at fault.

    I have to say though, I kind of feel bad for Indiana..with the numerous New Jersey/New York drivers from this team driving around the state. :P

  31. #19
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rear-ending someone is an automatic "at fault" and ticket in Indiana and most other states unless something clearly occurred that points to the other driver.

    If Lance was not cited, the other guy clearly was doing something (like swerving into Lance's lane, for instance).
    Like not being licensed to operate a vehicle.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,279

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Ever had a fender bender without being intoxicated? I've driven over 30 years and I've had a couple. Let's try to give Lance the benefit of the doubt. I've come a long way on this...but I must say Lance has earned it.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,612

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    I think he got a text that refered to the article were Hibbert said he "wanted to be the best center in the league, better than Dwight Howard"
    Sittin on top of the world!

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    These things could happen. Fortunately, nothing severe occurred.

  38. #23
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Yes I'm a big Stephenson fan, but that doesn't change the fact that rear ending another vehicle is something that is normally caused because someone is either/and or got

    A. Not paying attention
    B. Under the influence
    C. Got break checked
    Is the correct answer C?

  39. #24

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)

    Maybe he was having a hard time paying attention with that dead hooker in his trunk.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  40. #25
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,094

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Involved in Car Accident (He's OK)


  41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Tom Brady in a car accident
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
  3. Reagor in Car Accident
    By Robertmto in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 03:31 PM
  4. What if another QB was in the motorcycle accident Ben was in?
    By vapacersfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
  5. Roethlisberger involved in Motorcycle Accident
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •