Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Augustin demoted to 3rd PG, Hansbrough new Backup

Default Re: Augustin demoted to 3rd PG, Hansbrough new Backup

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. I'm not going to speak for Mackey, but I feel like I've shown considerable restraint in the last year and a half. Frankly, because there was no reason to pile on. Even many of his ardent supporters are seeing now what I and a few others (mainly Mackey, Seth, and able) been talking about since 2009.

I've also tried to avoid all the "told ya so's" that seem to be so prevalent around here. It's just not at all something I wanted to feel right about. I was really hoping to be wrong. Unfortunately, that ship seems to have sailed.
    The chances of me being the only person to think that are lower than Tyler hitting ten straight elbow jumpers.

I thought Tyler played very well for a while, especially right before O'Brien was fired. I also think he had a pretty strong start to last season and was a completely different player after getting hit in the head after several games. He has no excuse this season, imo. He's missing wide open jumpers, which opponents are begging him to shoot. He still adds something to the game but he's a noticeably better player when he feels involved offensively.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    #FREEPENDY

I want to see a healthy Pendy get a chance. I think he can play liked him in college just hasn't been healthy in the NBA. He is a solid rebounder screen setter and defender. I would much rather give Pendy a shot (which I supported out of camp I was the only one at the pd party ). He very well could fail but in college he showed NBA skills and body of work. Plumlee did not I never even looked at him as draft able literally one of the worst players I have scouted. I didnt like Hans at all in the draft I had Pendy rated much higher than him. I just hope he gets a fair shake to prove me wrong or right. I would say play him 20mpg and you will see a very effective player once he gets his footing. Like I said I could be wrong but I really liked his skill set for the NBA coming out now that he is healthy for the first time lets see if it's there
    Between Pendegraph and Plumlee......whoever is the best screener that will lay into and flatten the opposing Guard is the guy I want to play.

I am tired of seeing our Guards and Forwards run around a screen set by Hansbrough and the defender literally runs THROUGH the screen like it was nothing. Hansbrough's screen's are as effective as a screen door in a submarine.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Between Pendegraph and Plumlee......whoever is the best screener that will lay into and flatten the opposing Guard is the guy I want to play.
    The only player among them that has showed the ability to set good hard picks is Plumlee (also, Mahinmi does it some times and Fez did as well when he played last season).

Too bad that people around here seem to hate Miles, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The only player among them that has showed the ability to set good hard picks is Plumlee (also, Mahinmi does it some times and Fez did as well when he played last season).

Too bad that people around here seem to hate Miles, though.
    Doesn't matter if people here hate him. Only matters what coach thinks about him. Until we see him play at least.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

I couldn't help but notice Hansbrough's resemblance to Jeremy Lin.

Same age, same height, same weight... If Hansbrough turned out to be our caucasian Jeremy Lin, I would be delighted!

I hope he grasps the moment and excels beyond all our expectations.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post

Same age, same height, same weight... If Hansbrough turned out to be our caucasian Jeremy Lin, I would be delighted!

if only we had an all time offensive great to make him look good

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

been alot of comments about this and i haven't come close to reading them all. but i will say this- i am glad frank is finally giving ben a chance. he may well prove to be worse than dj- it is possible i suppose. however, we will never know until he gets a shot out there. dj has had his chance and frankly, i am not remotely convinced he can get the job done here. so lets see what ben can do.
    if he sucks worse than dj- bench him or get rid of him but lets at least give him a freakin shot. that is all i want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I hate to bring this up again but I still have no idea why we didn't keep McBob over Tyler. McBob has his weaknesses as well but he brings more to the table than Tyler. I hated being right on this one.

Yeah, McDud brings so much to the table that it didn't take the Lakers very long into the season for them to figure out they made a mistake and brought in Jordan Hill. He played ONE year for the Lakers and is now in Orlando where the rookie Andrew Nicholson is eating his lunch. Let's see, he has wore a Trailblazers, Pacers, Lakers, and now a Magic jersey. Who is next?

There is more to BB than highlite reel dunks, fancy dribbling, and a nice pass here and there. If he had had a mid-range game and a back to the basket game he'd still be wearing a Pacers uni. He never developed a game, hence other players are more valuable than him.

Let me preface what I just said saying I'm not a Tyler Hansbro fan either. I wasn't happy about Bird drafting Hansbro as I thought there were better players that could have been drafted. The Pacers needed a PG and Holiday and Lawson were available. I've never been impressed with Bird's drafting skills, but that is a discussion for another time.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    Kinda wish we still had AJ Price
    Me too, i always thought AJ was under rated.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    #FREEPENDY

I want to see a healthy Pendy get a chance. I think he can play liked him in college just hasn't been healthy in the NBA. He is a solid rebounder screen setter and defender. I would much rather give Pendy a shot (which I supported out of camp I was the only one at the pd party ). He very well could fail but in college he showed NBA skills and body of work. Plumlee did not I never even looked at him as draft able literally one of the worst players I have scouted. I didnt like Hans at all in the draft I had Pendy rated much higher than him. I just hope he gets a fair shake to prove me wrong or right. I would say play him 20mpg and you will see a very effective player once he gets his footing. Like I said I could be wrong but I really liked his skill set for the NBA coming out now that he is healthy for the first time lets see if it's there
    I agree with this as well. Some people might think im crazy, but I always thought of Pendy as someone who could be our Tyson Chandler. I like Plumlee too, but you gotta give Pendy a chance first.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BoomBaby33 For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    I agree with this as well. Some people might think im crazy, but I always thought of Pendy as someone who could be our Tyson Chandler. I like Plumlee too, but you gotta give Pendy a chance first.
    Pendergraph's chance should have come before we used a 1st round pick on a 24 year old rookie.

At this point, despite what I think of him as player, Plumlee absolutely should get the nod ahead of Pendergraph.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I was thinking the same thing but I know the odds are so far against it. The odds of picking up a really good rotational player as an nba walk on are extremely low. Right now my thoughts are that we simply have nothing to lose. We most likely won't fix our backup pg spot until Granger returns and Lance can take that role, and even Lance is questionable. We should not have pissed away what we had.

The fact that we are turning to Ben Hansbrough for meaningful minutes is really distressing.

The fact that it is hard to argue is much, much worse.
    Yes, it is a sad state of affairs. Front office destroyed a deep, balanced team to a team that must have good games from at least four starters to have a chance at winning.

He's not as explosive as Lin
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Who was he going to blame? The rim? The ball? The lighting director?
    He could blame being in a new situation. Being with a new team, new players, trying to adjust. Or even worse he could blame the offensive system which has him playing off the ball a lot more than he did in Charlotte.

There are a number of things he could blame

Pendergraph's chance should have come before we used a 1st round pick on a 24 year old rookie.

At this point, despite what I think of him as player, Plumlee absolutely should get the nod ahead of Pendergraph.
    I would say whoever performed best in the previous practice should get the nod. Or whoever is more focused in warmups or whatever. Ther should be a reason for selection, not just based on randomness or a "turn". It should be earned based on some criteria.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    The chances of me being the only person to think that are lower than Tyler hitting ten straight elbow jumpers.

I thought Tyler played very well for a while, especially right before O'Brien was fired. I also think he had a pretty strong start to last season and was a completely different player after getting hit in the head after several games. He has no excuse this season, imo. He's missing wide open jumpers, which opponents are begging him to shoot. He still adds something to the game but he's a noticeably better player when he feels involved offensively.
    If I felt the need to "bash" Tyler at every opportunity he's given me, my post count would be much, much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    He could blame being in a new situation. Being with a new team, new players, trying to adjust. Or even worse he could blame the offensive system which has him playing off the ball a lot more than he did in Charlotte.

There are a number of things he could blame
    After twenty games, the "new team, new players" excuse doesn't hold water. And I don't think you can blame Coach Vogel for not altering his offensive system to cater to a $3.5 million, one-year rental, backup point guard. I'm willing to grant that his role on this team isn't suited to his strengths, and that maybe he isn't a totally useless NBA player - but he has been one on this team, and I find it hard to believe it's Vogel's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    if only we had an all time offensive great to make him look good
    Who? I thought be got big while Melo (and Amare?) were out?

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Who? I thought be got big while Melo (and Amare?) were out?
    Steve Novak! He of the discount double-check celebration, the target of the unjustified actions of Danny Granger, the three-point messiah.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 12-11-2012 at 10:08 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    More proof that the off season was a fail.
    We downgraded backup PG to upgrade backup C. Considering how we lost to Miami last postseason, I'd say that is a success.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    Pretty sure we could get Josh for Tyler right now.
    If Hennigan took that deal, he'd be the worst GM in the NBA. They've already got a severely undersized, extremely high-usage, low efficiency, black hole with poor athleticism at power forward. At least their version averages 16.1/8.5/2.1 rather than the 5.9/4.2/0.2 we're getting from ours.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    If Hennigan took that deal, he'd be the worst GM in the NBA. They've already got a severely undersized, extremely high-usage, low efficiency, black hole with poor athleticism at power forward. At least their version averages 16.1/8.5/2.1 rather than the 5.9/4.2/0.2 we're getting from ours.
    Are you saying Josh would be an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I would say whoever performed best in the previous practice should get the nod. Or whoever is more focused in warmups or whatever. Ther should be a reason for selection, not just based on randomness or a "turn". It should be earned based on some criteria.
    Performing better is nice and all, but far too often better players get buried because some all-pro practice squad player gets the nod because he played better in practice. A lot of the time you can't really know who is better until you give each player their turn in an actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Are you saying Josh would be an upgrade?
    Over Tyler? Yes, he would be, but that's not even close to what I was saying.