Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Colts-Texans

Default Re: Colts-Texans

Houston really is not very impressive. They won on the strength of two very stupid mistakes on our part. They're going to fall hard in the playoffs to the first real team they face.

Frustrating game to watch, but I think we'll take care of KC.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we'll be OK against KC. We just can't take them lightly and assume that we're going to win. But I don't think we'll do that. You just can't underestimate a team at home that is trying to play spoiler.

There's taking them lightly and then there's the potential challenge of a young team with inexperience at many positions trying to clinch the playoffs, on the road no less. I know we're capable, but it's a high pressure situation that many of our key pieces are not familiar with.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

I'd also add that I thought the defense played decently today. Not great, but not bad. Essentially gave up 22. That means many FGs but few TDs. Broke down a little late against the run, but Arians didn't help them (whatever he did?) on the 15 yd penalty that set up their last score.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

There's only so many times you can shoot yourselves in the foot, especially when you're going up against a more talented team.

If we take care of business against the Chiefs, I'd like to think we'll have a decent shot at beating Houston in Indy assuming we dont hand them the game like we did today.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't like to ***** about the refs, but I gotta comment about the refs today.... they had 3-4 just absolute drive-killing calls or no-calls today. There were at least 2-3 horse-collar/facemasks that Houston laid on us that were not called. Hilton got turned in a complete 360-degree circle by his facemask while carrying the ball and they didn't call a damn thing --- we had to punt the ball away.

The intentional grounding by Luck was stupid. He got hit as he threw it and it sailed. That should not have been a penalty.

The deep ball by Houston where Lefeged laid a shoulder on the receiver at the end --- that was not a defenseless receiver, nor was it an illegal hit.

The touchdown catch by Reggie Wayne --- we lost that because they called hold on us. For the life of me, I couldn't see a hold at all.

That's some big-time stuff right there. You're talking some major momentum changers and loss of yards/points for us. It's kind of crazy that they only won by 12 considering the free special teams TD we gave them and our fumble on the 1 yard line.

I think the outcome of the next meeting might go a little differently; I'm kind of mad about the outcome of this game. It didn't seem fair-called. Houston didn't do anything that made me think they're terrribly great, either. It felt like a big ol' steaming heap of home cooking.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Honestly I didn't expect a win there at Houstor. I didn't get to watch the game today I had to work noon-5pm so I missed it all. I heard from a few of the customers that I helped that say there were some questionable calls that killed any momentum and that Luck took a lot of hits today. Hopefully we can look at game tape and be a little more prepared for the rush from that D-Line and we can put ourselves into a situation in our favor. Also we will have our crowd hooting and hollering. I hope we don't overlook the Kansas City game because they can surely run the ball well and we have a tendency to get gashed in the run.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not disappointed. Lost of mistakes and questionable calls and they were still within striking distance. I'm very encouraged by the mounting evidence the TY Hilton is a completely excellent wide receiver. Can't wait to watch #12 throw to #13 for the coming years.

If you beat KC and are locked in at #5, do you play starters at all in game 16?

Houston could lose vs. Minnesota, meaning a Colts win in game 16 could knock them out of a #1 seed. That would bump Denver to #1 and Pats to #2 if they both win out (very likely).

But... If you then were to beat the Ravens in the wild card game, and #3 beat #6 as expcted, you would then be looking at the #1 seed. You'd much rather not face Denver, for sure.

Meaning.... you tank game 16? Lots of what ifs, I know...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

slight error in the above- the Raven could actually lose the division to the Bengals or Steelers if they lose out (NY Giants, Cincinnati)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...elers-on-brink
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)