Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts-Texans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts-Texans

Texans 28
    Colts 17
    "We want Miami"

Default Re: Colts-Texans

Barring a bunch of injuries tonight, the Colts will lose. Not expecting much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Probably a loss, especially if they get beat by New England tonight. They'll take that defeat out on us.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barring a bunch of injuries tonight, the Colts will lose. Not expecting much.
    I'm sure the Rams fans thought that at least twice against the Niners. And the Rams aren't as good as the Colts. Division games are never certain. We may match up well with Houston. We don't know because we haven't played them yet this year. I've seen the worst offensive lines erase our pass rush when it was elite. Any given Sunday!

And I love how people discredit our home win against them last year because Schaub was out. We were starting Danny O. Luck > Schaub. Sure maybe we can't beat them in Houston. But to say we can't beat them at all when a 2-14 team with a 3rd string QB beat their 3rd string QB last year, is just not even being realistic. It's like anti-homerism.

Colts 31
    Texans 20

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    I'm sure the Rams fans thought that at least twice against the Niners. And the Rams aren't as good as the Colts. Division games are never certain. We may match up well with Houston. We don't know because we haven't played them yet this year. I've seen the worst offensive lines erase our pass rush when it was elite. Any given Sunday!

And I love how people discredit our home win against them last year because Schaub was out. We were starting Danny O. Luck > Schaub. Sure maybe we can't beat them in Houston. But to say we can't beat them at all when a 2-14 team with a 3rd string QB beat their 3rd string QB last year, is just not even being realistic. It's like anti-homerism.

Colts 31
    Texans 20

A double-digit road win against a team that's only lost once (probably twice after tonight)?

You're also forgetting that Houston had very little to play for in last year's upset. They can clinch the division if they beat us next week.

I'm thinking this will be more like 27-10 Texans.

30-17 Texans.

Too much for us
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Jacksonville did take the Texans to OT in Houston.......

Mood

Colts- 28
    Texans- 21

Possible letdown after a short week. Maybe they won't take us seriously and come in thinking that all they have to do is show up to win. Conference games are always closer anyhways.

Texans-38
    Colts-17

Well, no bearing on our game next week, but Texans look worse through a quarter in Foxborough than we did. Maybe they'll look better throughout the entire game than us, but so far the D has been swiss cheese in the face of Pats O.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Hopefully this is not a "poke the bear" game and they come pissed off Sunday and just tear us a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Hopefully this is not a "poke the bear" game and they come pissed off Sunday and just tear us a new one.
    Oh they're definitely going to be pissed off on Sunday.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They might be a poked bear, but they're still getting exposed to be the team I've been regarding them as --- which is, not all they're cracked up to be. They may take it to us next week, they may not... who knows. But they aren't and have never been a SB contender, in my opinion. As of right now, they are putting up less of a fight than even Indy did a few weeks ago.

Meanwhile, the f'n Patriots are still a damn juggernaut... gawd.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I think the Texans would be putting up much more of a fight if the game were in Houston.

Well we are in control of our own destiny for the divison.

Going to go out on a limb and say

Colts - 31
    Texans - 27

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I think the Texans would be putting up much more of a fight if the game were in Houston.
    Coulda said the same about Colts @Patriots a few weeks ago. Indy always plays better at home.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

well things just got interesting!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Don't feel good about this one, especially after New England and Brady just had their way with them tonight.

**** it, though, we'll do it live. Colts can win this!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Their loss yesterday might have toned down some of the hype they had but i didn't like it from the perspective they will be now very determined to snatch the win.Colts on the road is not a plus for us certainly but you never know with this crazy team this year.What I noticed from the Pats game is the Texans' LBs were almost terrible at coverage.Can we please start using our TEs more often?Fleener and Allen are more than capable and we could cause them some damage through the middle.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Can we please start using are TEs more often?Fleener and Allen are more than capable and we could cause them some damage through the middle.
    Yes, I've been thinking this for a couple weeks now. We need to use these TE's more instead of going long so much. Did Fleener get another look in Detroit after that beautiful TD catch? He got a few balls thrown his way last week but Luck overthrew him. We need to try running some sets for Fleener and Allen like the Pats do with Gronk and Hernandez. Obviously Fleener and Allen aren't as talented as those two guys right now, but they have shown some nice potential for rookies. I want more balls thrown towards them.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I hear the mental hospital had to release some people yesterday... It seems they were originally committed last summer after predicting with 3 games left in the season the Colts would control their own destiny for winning their division....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Do we really live in fear of the F'ing Texans and Matt Schaub making a statement game? If we get blown out it will be because we play poorly on the road, not because of the Texans laying a Patriots style bounce back butt whooping on us. This is not Belichick and Brady here guys. This a franchise that is still trying to shake perennial door mat status. If anything, I think we have a great chance to keep it close for 3 quarters and steal it in the 4th because right now their confidence has to really be shaky, the longer we keep it close and don't make mistakes the better I will feel about our chances. Only way we get blown out is if we come out flat, not because the Texans are going to come out like gang busters. I don't fear the Texans, especially with Schaub at QB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Do we really live in fear of the F'ing Texans and Matt Schaub making a statement game? If we get blown out it will be because we play poorly on the road, not because of the Texans laying a Patriots style bounce back butt whooping on us. This is not Belichick and Brady here guys. This a franchise that is still trying to shake perennial door mat status. If anything, I think we have a great chance to keep it close for 3 quarters and steal it in the 4th because right now their confidence has to really be shaky, the longer we keep it close and don't make mistakes the better I will feel about our chances. Only way we get blown out is if we come out flat, not because the Texans are going to come out like gang busters. I don't fear the Texans, especially with Schaub at QB.
    I don't think that the Texans will get to the Super Bowl, particularly because of Schuab. But at this point, you are what you record says you are at this point, and 11-2 is 11-2.

Don't forget that the Texans beat us two years ago in the 2010 season opener when we still had Manning and were coming off of a Super Bowl appearance. It's a tough game no matter what. We also lost there on Christmas Eve 2006, the year we ended up winning the Super Bowl. I agree with you that we have a chance, but they are going to come out pissed and ready to play. If we come out of there with a win then it will be a pretty big deal.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-12-2012 at 12:19 PM.

I'm just saying it would be a big thing for the Texans as well to come out and make a statement win. Yes, we have a history of tough games, but that is just divisional stuff if anything the two games you cited should have them more concerned as it shows the best team does not always win. I'm just simply putting it out there, these aren't the Belichick Pats or some team of that ilk. We don't know for sure how they will react JMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I don't think anybody lives in fear of them. We beat last year when we 1-13. This would be a statement win for this team, not for the franchise just for the team. The Texans have their best team ever this year, but it's still an overrated team with flaws in it. We CAN beat them, it's just will the defense be able to make stops. They did for most of the first half vs NE, those two pick six and that punt return were the main difference in the game. I still think the Texans will win, but we can play with them
    "We want Miami"