Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoopshype.com Article - The NBA's softest players

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hoopshype.com Article - The NBA's softest players

Roy is going to suck in the post until he develops more moves than the hook shot. A 6'6 guy with good hops can guard Roy in the post because he's just too predictable, it's ALWAYS a hook, and you can usually guess as to which side because it's kind of a slow move. So he starts the move, the 6'6 guy jumps it and gets a great contest, Roy misses, yet goes back to the hook every damn time he gets it in the post. There are SO many post moves, if he just learned a few of them and made himself unpredictable I guarantee he could score again down there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is going to suck in the post until he develops more moves than the hook shot. A 6'6 guy with good hops can guard Roy in the post because he's just too predictable, it's ALWAYS a hook, and you can usually guess as to which side because it's kind of a slow move. So he starts the move, the 6'6 guy jumps it and gets a great contest, Roy misses, yet goes back to the hook every damn time he gets it in the post. There are SO many post moves, if he just learned a few of them and made himself unpredictable I guarantee he could score again down there.
    If you are taller than everyone, and can make a hook shot consistently there is no better shot, that is why Roy loves it and he should. Roy has shown "improvement", at first he was always leaving it short, he has adjusted and now it is always long. Hopefully his next adjustment comes soon and it is right on the money.

Now with that said I agree he does need to develop more usable moves.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know, that Finals was pretty skewed in LA's favor. The fact that Pau kept up with and actually outscored Dwight despite being a secondary/tertiary option is pretty impressive.

Not saying I think Pau is tough, just that he, at one time, was a borderline elite scorer from that position.
    True, but Pau also played PF a lot of the time (getting guarded by Rashard Lewis in the post).

He had a great finals series no doubt, I was just saying he didn't quite make D12 his ***** imo.