Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the heck is wrong with you people?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What the heck is wrong with you people?

I've been on here since july-Ish, I just havent posted a lot. I feel like some people on here are real fans, and then there are people who sound like they aren't even watching the same team! There are those people who make it sound like hell is breaking loose during a game that I don't understand.

Guys, keep in mind that this is a SMALL MARKET TEAM! We're not going to always be able to compete with the big markets. It's like having a 100 million $ house and a 25 million $ house, I could tell you which ones gonna be better 90% of the time.

One last thing, why do some people see a player for one game and then lock on to the opinion that they suck? Gerald Green, bad decision maker, but he can shoot and dunk fairly well. Ian Mahinmi is easily one of the better bench 5s in the NBA! Tyler Hansbrougj, if psycho T could find his J, he would be a really decent 4 that brings great energy off the bench. Sam Young, he can hit his 3, lockdown defender, only downside is that he tries to do too much sometimes, AT LEAST HES TRYING!

I don't understand people on here, why are you so negative?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pumpk35 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What the heck is wrong with you people?

I'm not a big advocate of a lot of the negativity, but that negativity doesn't make anyone less of a fan. Sometimes people are just negative...whether it is in the sports world or not.

What exactly is a "real fan"? I'd say the people who get so emotionally invested in this team that they feel the need to vent are in fact real fans. If they were not fans, why would they waste their time here, on a fan site? Not every negative fan is a troll, in fact most aren't.

Also not every one is negative. Sometimes the downers just have the loudest voices.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

The need for instant gratification + impatience = what is wrong with lots of people.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

so err why did u make this thread?

it's a forum people will have diverse opinions if you dont like it dont come on
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

or, y'know, voice his displeasure and share his divergent opinion

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pumpk35 View Post
    I've been on here since july-Ish, I just havent posted a lot. I feel like some people on here are real fans, and then there are people who sound like they aren't even watching the same team! There are those people who make it sound like hell is breaking loose during a game that I don't understand.

Guys, keep in mind that this is a SMALL MARKET TEAM! We're not going to always be able to compete with the big markets. It's like having a 100 million $ house and a 25 million $ house, I could tell you which ones gonna be better 90% of the time.

One last thing, why do some people see a player for one game and then lock on to the opinion that they suck? Gerald Green, bad decision maker, but he can shoot and dunk fairly well. Ian Mahinmi is easily one of the better bench 5s in the NBA! Tyler Hansbrougj, if psycho T could find his J, he would be a really decent 4 that brings great energy off the bench. Sam Young, he can hit his 3, lockdown defender, only downside is that he tries to do too much sometimes, AT LEAST HES TRYING!

If....If...If

If my aunt had a beard she would be my uncle. If Tyler could only learn to pass then learn to shoot he would be a solid 4. Unfortunately my aunt has a better chance of growing a beard than that happening. Same with Green he has been a low IQ player his whole career only he can change that not people on a message board. There is a reason he was out of the league for so long and coaches end up benching him.

agree about Ian always liked him he has struggled a bit this year but overall he has been good for us.

and hey my opinions aren't locked in. I loved getting DJ in the off season though he was an upgrade and was mad we only gave him a 1 year deal, but boy did he make me look silly. DJ changed my mind with his play Tyler and Green could do the same in a positive way, but it's not likely they have played the same way their whole career. I still dont get why we took Tyler in the draft nothing at UNC showed he was a lottery pick he really has no skill other than playing hard and out of control.

What do you mean by "you people"?

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    What do you mean by "you people"?
    What do YOU mean by "you people?"

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If my aunt had a beard she would be my uncle.
    I don't think that's the way the saying goes...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    The need for instant gratification + impatience = what is wrong with lots of people.
    Yep those instant gratification Pacers fans that have been waiting 7 years just to be mediocre damn you people!!

I understand how you feel, but I've noticed that 90% of the useless negativity comes from a pretty small group of posters. Once I blocked two or three people it drained a lot of the sewage and now most of what I read on PD is really good stuff from people who actually like the team.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

well know what's wrong with the roster, pretty blatantly obvious. there's a readily available player than can make all the pain go way.

seriously though, we're .500, best offensive player's out. look FAR better than we did the first couple weeks. could be much worse.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I didnt want to get a infraction

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

This critical thread just gets me down, man.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

You have a point, but the things you list about our bench players we see each of them do it like one in six games, if that. Consistency, where is it?

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    What do YOU mean by "you people?"
    What do YOU​ mean by "you people"?

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    I'm not a big advocate of a lot of the negativity, but that negativity doesn't make anyone less of a fan. Sometimes people are just negative...whether it is in the sports world or not.

What exactly is a "real fan"? I'd say the people who get so emotionally invested in this team that they feel the need to vent are in fact real fans. If they were not fans, why would they waste their time here, on a fan site? Not every negative fan is a troll, in fact most aren't.

Also not every one is negative. Sometimes the downers just have the loudest voices.
    Fan is short for "fanatic." It varies with what happens. I am a very positive Pacer fan in general but I am a very negative former Colts fan. You are right, it is because we become emotionally invested in these teams and it brings out the best and worst in all of us..... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    And it isn't necessarily true..... ...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post

Because that's his diverse opinion. If you don't like it, don't answer to his thread

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I work for a small company but we have built a fairly good client base. If we lost a client to a bigger competitor and I told my boss, "gee, what do you expect, we can't compete with these bigger firms" he would probably fire me. Now of course I don't expect the Pacers to win a championship every year but I don't think its unrealistic to expect this team to be a consistent contender and perhaps win a title someday.

I understand OPs point about realistic expectations for a small market team but that's such a lame excuse that could be used no matter how good/bad the Pacers are.

And as for the knee jerk reaction people, just ignore them, I try to analyze games in sets of ten, makes it a lot easier.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I work for a small company but we have built a fairly good client base. If we lost a client to a bigger competitor and I told my boss, "gee, what do you expect, we can't compete with these bigger firms" he would probably fire me. Now of course I don't expect the Pacers to win a championship every year but I don't think its unrealistic to expect this team to be a consistent contender and perhaps win a title someday.

I understand OPs point about realistic expectations for a small market team but that's such a lame excuse that could be used no matter how good/bad the Pacers are.

And as for the knee jerk reaction people, just ignore them, I try to analyze games in sets of ten, makes it a lot easier.
    I think he was right. This team has been to the finals one time and I think the ECF twice or three times it its history. Just look at the NBA champions for the last twenty years and note how few teams that really represents. The Pacers can be a playoff team consistently but they can't get the kind of stars that propell and NBA Championship. Don't give me the good team can beat the star studded team crap, that happens about once in every 25 years or so. This team, even with a healthy Granger, rated to be a fifth or sixth seed in my eyes and they would be making a first round exit unless a Dwight Howard situation occurred. If Howard had not been hurt, I think Orlando would have swept them last year........ ...

I know we will never be Miami or LA in terms of getting free agents, but all I ask is that we do everything we can do become the Spurs of the East.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I know we will never be Miami or LA in terms of getting free agents, but all I ask is that we do everything we can do become the Spurs of the East.
    So we'll draft 2 hall of fame centers, where their careers overlap by up to five years, erase everyone's advanced scouting knowledge since the time Ginobili was scouted so we can get a fantastic shooting guard with a late 2nd round pick, and then get a really good PG with the 28th pick. Let's do it!!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I think he was right. This team has been to the finals one time and I think the ECF twice or three times it its history. Just look at the NBA champions for the last twenty years and note how few teams that really represents. The Pacers can be a playoff team consistently but they can't get the kind of stars that propell and NBA Championship. Don't give me the good team can beat the star studded team crap, that happens about once in every 25 years or so. This team, even with a healthy Granger, rated to be a fifth or sixth seed in my eyes and they would be making a first round exit unless a Dwight Howard situation occurred. If Howard had not been hurt, I think Orlando would have swept them last year........ ...
    Miami is less than half the size of Indianapolis. Indianapolis could sustain the Pacers easily. We could have let ourselves be really bad and grab some top 5 draft picks looking for a star. We could have used the fact that we were so bad to create a package for a star. But we didn't, and we collected above average talent. Probably because Simon was afraid that a few years of tankings would more negatively impact our attendance. Which may sound like I'm agreeing with you, but I'm not.

Our starting 5 was the most dominant 5 person team in the past year. Stop acting like our first 20 games this year validates you saying we would have been swept by Dwight Howard. We are playing .500 ball, as many of our losses as wins have been incredibly close. We are missing our best player and the moves to our bench didn't work out very well. We are a top 4 team in the easy when all of our guys are healthy. Our FO may have been shortsided to build our team the way they have, but what they have created with a team built with no stars is truly impressive.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 12-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post: