Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling Pacer Roy Hibbert expects to live up to $58M deal, surpass Dwight Howard as top center

Default Re: Struggling Pacer Roy Hibbert expects to live up to $58M deal, surpass Dwight Howard as top center

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

he gets impatient. And he mentally gets down easily.

This is why Hibbert will never be better than Howard. Not to mention he doesn't have the strength and overall talent Howard has.

I commend Hibbert wanting to be the best Center, but you have to have more than desire and a good work ethic. Those 2 things can only get him so far.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Struggling Pacer Roy Hibbert expects to live up to $58M deal, surpass Dwight Howard as top center

Strong words for Roy, but he has to back them up. The league's best center brings it every night with consistency.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This is why Hibbert will never be better than Howard. Not to mention he doesn't have the strength and overall talent Howard has.

I commend Hibbert wanting to be the best Center, but you have to have more than desire and a good work ethic. Those 2 things can only get him so far.
    Howard has his own issues. He's just much more physically gifted/coordinated than Roy.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal. The great players don't have to talk about being great. They "just do it".
    No. Roy says he "wants" to "work" to "get to" that point, acknowledging he has a ways to go to get there.

JO would say he was glad to be "back" to "top form" then fail to back it up.

HUGE difference.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish Roy Hibbert was as good as Jermaine O'neal was his first 7 years as a Pacer, people knock JO but aside from being injury prone he was a FAR BETTER player than Roy WILL EVER BE.

JO went to more All Star games than any other Pacer NBA player including Reggie. I get sick of people knocking JO as never backing up his words. He produced 20ppg , 10rebounds and over 2 blocks per game on average for 6 straight years 2002-07. Everyone knocks his fade away jumper and low field goal % he never shot below 43.4% in any of those years.

JO is so unappreciated by Pacer fans it is unreal. Let me know when Roy earns the right to be compared to JO because he sure hasn't yet. After JO signed his huge contract his overall game did not regress as Roy's has. Injuries eventually are what robbed JO of his game.

Roy will never be mentioned in the same breathe as the top NBA players . Roy is what he is a slightly above average NBA player making max money. Inside JO could finish with either hand, Roy is 3 inches taller and seldom even dunks his rebounds preferring to toss them up and hope the 38% fg pct bares that out
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 12-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I guess we now know what's wrong with Roy. He's clearly on drugs. :P
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Well, I guess we now know what's wrong with Roy. He's clearly on drugs. :P
    I told Mike Spears that cocaine is a hell of a drug after reading the article and he send me a private message saying "Ha", I guess he can't agree with my tweet publicly.