Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the words of Stephen Jackson...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: In the words of Stephen Jackson...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this more just confirms that if it wasn't for Jackson the brawl most likely would not have escalated as far as it did. He makes too many assumptions, and decides to escalate the situation before someone else does.
    Good thing he was sober in both incidents, right? I like how he claims that gave him more clarity in his decision making for that night. Who knows what would have happened had he not been.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stephen Jackson. When keepin' it real goes wrong.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stephen Jackson is the accelerant...when alone, it isn't much of a problem, but when mixed with the right constituents, it leads to a very bad situation...

Fear for what would happen to Artest? Yeah he was in a real big hurry to pull Artest out of the stands. Wait, no, instead of using his legs to get out of there he used a haymaker.

Never have I, fearful that a friend's life was in danger, punched someone else in the face.

He admits to the joy of hitting that guy. If you believe Jackson's justification then I have a bridge to sell you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rick Carlisle was a freaking saint to have put up with that crew, and to not bad mouth the Pacers organization after his departure.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Artest with his antics cost us a chance at the '04 championship. Artest on Nov 19th cost us our team. I'm sure he knew that Jackson had his back.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Let's face it. Many forces, both natural and supernatural, had to come together to create the full force and consequences of the brawl.

Destiny met us, for whatever strange reason, on Nov. 19, 2004.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As soon as I read the answer to "do you regret the 'Brawl'? I had to stop.

That stupid son of a *****. He/Ron shouldn't be in the league, period.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Banned

@WojYahooNBA: The NBA has fined San Antonio's Stephen Jackson $25,000 for his "hostile statement directed at Serge Ibaka in a Twitter message."

Stephen Jackson is just a bad person and I thought that when he was a Pacer. There are bad people in other sports but I think for some reason there are more in the nba. For those who think he shouldn't be in the league I agree but we have a player worshiped by many who paid a speculated 5 mil to settle a sexual assault case and the world seems to have forgotten about it. The standard for behavior of nba players is very forgiving.

"I like to go into stands and punch people and screw an NBA franchise"
    - Stephen Jackson
    Smothered Chicken!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Stephen Jackson is just a bad person and I thought that when he was a Pacer. There are bad people in other sports but I think for some reason there are more in the nba. For those who think he shouldn't be in the league I agree but we have a player worshiped by many who paid a speculated 5 mil to settle a sexual assault case and the world seems to have forgotten about it. The standard for behavior of nba players is very forgiving.
    There are just as many in the NFL, just you don't here about them as much because of how many players there are.

Typically I think this has to do with the environment most of these guys grow up in. They don't grow up in the suburbs where the worst thing you have to worry about is the bully at school. Many of them grow up in a ghetto with a poor family. They are exposed to a lot more, and it can influence them to go down the wrong path.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    So, he's putting what in his mouth? I didn't know he rolled like that!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Stick around 5 or 10 years and you'll probably read something like this about Jack. This is wikipedia and Latrell Spreewell's post-NBA life:

Post-NBA troubles

Sprewell's personal life since he last played in the NBA has been plagued with controversy and financial trouble.
    [edit]Relationships

On August 30, 2006, Milwaukee police investigated a claim by a 21-year-old female who claimed that she and Sprewell were having consensual sex aboard his 70-foot (21 m) yacht, named "Milwaukee's Best," when Sprewell began to strangle her. Police allegedly observed red marks on the woman's neck. Police investigating the allegation searched Sprewell's yacht for evidence.[7] On September 6, 2006, police indicated that he would not face any charges from the alleged incident. Sprewell sought a restraining order against the woman along with "civil remedies" against the accuser.[8]
    On January 31, 2007, Sprewell's long term companion sued him for $200 million for ending their relationship agreement. She claimed Sprewell agreed to support her and their four children while they were in college.[9]
    [edit]Property

On August 22, 2007, it was reported by multiple news agencies that Latrell Sprewell's yacht was repossessed by federal marshals after Sprewell failed to maintain payments and insurance for the vessel, for which he reportedly still owed approximately $1.3 million.[10] In addition, while piloted by Sprewell, the yacht ran ashore near Atwater Beach, just north of Milwaukee. Sprewell refused to contract with a professional salvage firm to remove the yacht. The yacht was eventually freed with the help of a local fishing vessel.[11]
    In February 2008, Sprewell's yacht was auctioned for $856,000 after he defaulted on a $1.5 million mortgage,[12] and in May 2008 a Milwaukee area home owned by Sprewell went into foreclosure status.[13] Between September 2007 and January 2008, documents revealed that Sprewell failed to make his mortgage payments of $2,593 per month.[14] In July 2009 a Westchester mansion owned by Sprewell went into foreclosure status.[15] That action was dismissed on motion of another party's attorney, Roger K. Marion.[15]