Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

DJ Augustin is the worst contract on team and maybe one of the worst deals we've ever had. Holy crap. I was a little skeptical he was actually an improvement when we got him. But I never thought he would be this big of a rotten piece of crap.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
    JaVale McGee literally throws it down on the Pacers (VIDEO) http://dlvr.it/2bsNKl #PBT #NBA

Pacers out rebound them, have more assists, shoot a better percentage (0.005% but I'll take it), shot 43.5% from the 3 and lost the TO battle by 10. Kill ya every time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Damn close game. Really excited for when Granger gets back. Biggest flaw this team has right now is that there are long stretches of times, three, four, five minutes, where they don't have any scoring on the floor. Granger allows them to have scoring on the floor for 48 minutes.

A great game from Denari and Buckner. Really funny and some great insight throughout the game. I put them up there with any local team in the NBA. They don't disrespect the other team and they don't give our guys a free pass.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, George Hill was anti-clutch tonight, but that's going to happen from time to time.

Chicago 18%, Portland 38%, Denver 33%. 3 games in a row is more than time to time.

Where was all that perimeter "D" from the b/c. Miller feasted on the Pacers backcourt.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Lance really hurt us by missing a foul shot. I'm a big Lance fan. He should definitely be in there instead of Young. But if he makes both free throws Hill is headed to the basket for the final fast break to tie the game. Instead he had to had back out to the perimeter for a desperation heave.

Too bad.
    To be fair....I blame everyone that went to the FT line that missed a FT shot....not just Lance. He did a good job of seeing that the defense wasn't set up and did something that he's very good at doing....driving to the hoop and drawing a foul.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    Lance's hand was pulled down and behind him causing him to fall over how is that not a foul, and YES Hill WAS fouled on his last shot.
    Take your homer glasses off. Im just telling you what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    DJ Augustin is the worst contract on team and maybe one of the worst deals we've ever had. Holy crap. I was a little skeptical he was actually an improvement when we got him. But I never thought he would be this big of a rotten piece of crap.
    The only thing good about it is it's only one year. So disappointed in him. I really thought he would be a solid backup.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

Imagine if pritchard an co re-sign him

i would probably cry
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

D league doesn't count.

Not that I agree, but it was darn funny!

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I suppose you are right. Just venting my extreme frustration. Fans tend to put the blame on Vogel, but vogel did not put together that D-league backcourt off the bench. If fans want to complain about someone-that's who it should be.

Sorry, but Simon brought Walsh back to be in charge, so the buck stops with him.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Chicago 18%, Portland 38%, Denver 33%. 3 games in a row is more than time to time.

Where was all that perimeter "D" from the b/c. Miller feasted on the Pacers backcourt.
    Disagree with this. I thought Hill played great on ball defense on Miller and Lawson. They got a lot of points in transition and killed DJ.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    To be fair to Lance, however, he did lead the team in +/- (and Young was the worst with -17). Vogel needs to stop yanking Lance so much. He clearly helps the team perform, and we lost a nice lead as soon as Lance was pulled for Sam Young. Those margins end up costing us at the end of games.
    Lance led the Team with +13.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Disagree with this. I thought Hill played great on ball defense on Miller and Lawson. They got a lot of points in transition and killed DJ.

DJ wasn't guarding Miller when Miller scored a slew of points in the latter part of the 4th qtr, so who was?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    DJ wasn't guarding Miller when Miller scored a slew of points in the latter part of the 4th qtr, so who was?
    Lance
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Yeah, I thought that Dj was a good player being severely misused and that was his main problem. I think it is still a huge part of it, but it doesn't really matter. He plays bad for us and the way we try to play basketball with the second unit. I really hope Jarrett Jack will come back to us sometime for a reasonable deal or really anyone else that wont have their career ended by the Pacers. Like others have said I would be ok having Lance play the position since it doesn't really matter what he is or is not, if he can do better than DJ and still play some SG that is what counts. Then we may have another hole at the SG. Ultimately, we need DG back and possibly make another move in the offseason or this season if we can.

Does anyone have a good feel or history of Pritchard/Walsh in season strategies? Do they like to trade a lot then or is it mostly in the off-season? I feel like it is more in the off-season, but that is honestly just a guess.

Banned

The Pacers defense was bad today they let Denver score at will inside, I thought Denver was going to kill them from outside but it was the opposite.

I wonder how their D is going to be Sunday against OKC?

Denver shot 44% from the floor. Not great defense, but average defense. Limiting them to 92pts was huge, just didn't work out.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I always liked Augustin and when the Pacers got him I thought he'd be a good b'u PG. I'm throwing in the towel. The Pacers need to find another b/u PG whether it's someone on the roster or somewhere else. You can't let Augustin continue just so it keeps his morale high. He can wave a towel on the bench just like Eddie Gill did.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter1105 View Post

Does anyone have a good feel or history of Pritchard/Walsh in season strategies? Do they like to trade a lot then or is it mostly in the off-season? I feel like it is more in the off-season, but that is honestly just a guess.
    Pretty much polar opposites I think. Walsh is a stay the course guy. He's made some midseason deals but not many. Pritchard's a wheeler dealer, but mostly around draft time.

Banned

@TheRocketGuy: Pacers looking for their first 3-game winning streak....starting to put it together despite road-heavy early schedule.

He just posted this

George Hill at this point has to be tired by the 4th qtr bc our b/u PG is playing so bad. Outside of Ian our bench is just atrocious, meanwhile Pietrus is doing well on the raps. We def shoulda looked to sign him bc we are just running PG and GH into the ground. Making these guys play 37,38 min a game EVERY game.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    George Hill at this point has to be tired by the 4th qtr bc our b/u PG is playing so bad. Outside of Ian our bench is just atrocious, meanwhile Pietrus is doing well on the raps. We def shoulda looked to sign him bc we are just running PG and GH into the ground. Making these guys play 37,38 min a game EVERY game.
    Dude should've made a better decision at the end of the game though.

Being such a mediocre team sucks. Right when I got used to winning games and being good again lol

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

It's simply shocking how bad our bench is. I thought at first it might be a wash with last year which would be criminal considering how much Walsh had to work with, but it's far far worse. Ian is the only player worth bringing in, and he isn't close to being worth his contract. It makes me sick when he takes a shot from beyond 3 feet. Foster knew enough not to take that shot and his shot was way better then Ian's.
    To think that anyone thought it was a good idea to dump DC when we didn't have to, just so we'd be able to go after DJ Augustin is insane. Walsh and Pritchard are supposed to know what they're doing. What in the hell made them think that was an upgrade. DJ will not be in the NBA next year.
    I'm not saying the sky has fallen, we'll still be a better team when Granger returns and I see us as a playoff team but our goals should be higher then that. It's just sad that we had so much to look forward to last spring. Money to spend to upgrade our weaknesses. Now here we are, money squandered on less talent then what we had last year.
    Before we consider any changes to the roster, Simon needs to make a front office change.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post: