Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 134

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Just a very sloppy game to say the least.


    (Courtesy of NBA.com)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Not calling a timeout on that last play was one of the dumbest things I've seen the Pacers do this year, and that's saying something.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not calling a timeout on that last play was one of the dumbest things I've seen the Pacers do this year, and that's saying something.
    I disagree it created a wide open look by pushing the pace. PG24 was wide open West and Hill just didnt see him. Weren't gonna get a better look than the one PG had if our players would have only seen him. But we had there defense all over the place scrambling I like not giving them a chance to set up.

    Lance was getting worked tonight he helps way to much when off the ball and it killed us a few times. Then on the ball he wasnt playing the personal correctly but our bench wings are awful so cant really do anything about it.

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not calling a timeout on that last play was one of the dumbest things I've seen the Pacers do this year, and that's saying something.
    No doubt. Live, I assumed they had none. I was surprised when I learned the truth. Hill didnt realize the score, either; he thought we were down 2. Awareness issues.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,217

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Time for a new coach. A good coach would have taken the timeout... and had a good play to run to get a decent look. This coach didn't take the timeout, but honestly do we have any faith at all he would have called a good play anyway? I don't. He also fails to call timeouts during big runs against us and has terrible substitution rotations.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for a new coach. A good coach would have taken the timeout... and had a good play to run to get a decent look. This coach didn't take the timeout, but honestly do we have any faith at all he would have called a good play anyway? I don't. He also fails to call timeouts during big runs against us and has terrible substitution rotations.
    HA! That's funny!

  12. #7
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HA! That's funny!
    I think it's a valid viewpoint.

    I also think there is some sense to continuing on with play and trying to get a shot off before the defense can set up. The problem is, George Hill wasn't completely thinking. He headed in towards the basket, then realized he had to back out for the three attempt. Perfect storm of miscalculations.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a valid viewpoint.

    I also think there is some sense to continuing on with play and trying to get a shot off before the defense can set up. The problem is, George Hill wasn't completely thinking. He headed in towards the basket, then realized he had to back out for the three attempt. Perfect storm of miscalculations.
    I think the viewpoint was an overreaction.

    It was a complete miscalculation, but pissing and whining for a new coach is completely dumb.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  16. #9

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    I still think the roots of this loss lies with the bench.... there's a reason all the Pacers games are close and its the bench. You cannot let NBA teams get back into games and thats exactly what the bench does consistently.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think the roots of this loss lies with the bench.... there's a reason all the Pacers games are close and its the bench. You cannot let NBA teams get back into games and thats exactly what the bench does consistently.
    Yeah but they spend a bunch of money to fix it are you telling me that they have failed making it better?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-07-2012 at 11:33 PM.

  19. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    I was all in for calling a timeout but then I thought about it and we know Vogel was going to call a West Iso and a West Iso for a 3 is not a good call anyway.

  20. #12
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but they spend a bunch of money to fix it are you telling that they have failed making it better?
    It still is better than last year. The only problem was Augustin today (and most nights).

  21. #13

    Unhappy Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think the roots of this loss lies with the bench.... there's a reason all the Pacers games are close and its the bench. You cannot let NBA teams get back into games and thats exactly what the bench does consistently.
    Didn't we just spend the entire off season and about $9 millions to improve our bench and make it the best in the NBA? Did we fail?

  22. #14
    The quest... boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,981

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    The only play I thought should have definitely gone our way was Andre Millers flop travel. The Stephenson play was 50/50 and that was not a foul on the last play of the game.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only play I thought should have definitely gone our way was Andre Millers flop travel. The Stephenson play was 50/50 and that was not a foul on the last play of the game.
    Lance's hand was pulled down and behind him causing him to fall over how is that not a foul, and YES Hill WAS fouled on his last shot.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    The quest... boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,981

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance's hand was pulled down and behind him causing him to fall over how is that not a foul, and YES Hill WAS fouled on his last shot.
    Take your homer glasses off. Im just telling you what I saw.

  27. #17
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take your homer glasses off. Im just telling you what I saw.
    No "homer" glasses, you just saw wrong that's all.

  28. #18
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Lance really hurt us by missing a foul shot. I'm a big Lance fan. He should definitely be in there instead of Young. But if he makes both free throws Hill is headed to the basket for the final fast break to tie the game. Instead he had to had back out to the perimeter for a desperation heave.

    Too bad.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance really hurt us by missing a foul shot. I'm a big Lance fan. He should definitely be in there instead of Young. But if he makes both free throws Hill is headed to the basket for the final fast break to tie the game. Instead he had to had back out to the perimeter for a desperation heave.
    To be fair to Lance, however, he did lead the team in +/- (and Young was the worst with -17). Vogel needs to stop yanking Lance so much. He clearly helps the team perform, and we lost a nice lead as soon as Lance was pulled for Sam Young. Those margins end up costing us at the end of games.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to Lance, however, he did lead the team in +/- (and Young was the worst with -17). Vogel needs to stop yanking Lance so much. He clearly helps the team perform, and we lost a nice lead as soon as Lance was pulled for Sam Young. Those margins end up costing us at the end of games.
    Lance led the Team with +13.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  33. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    The Pacers defense was bad today they let Denver score at will inside, I thought Denver was going to kill them from outside but it was the opposite.

    I wonder how their D is going to be Sunday against OKC?

  34. #22
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance really hurt us by missing a foul shot. I'm a big Lance fan. He should definitely be in there instead of Young. But if he makes both free throws Hill is headed to the basket for the final fast break to tie the game. Instead he had to had back out to the perimeter for a desperation heave.

    Too bad.
    To be fair....I blame everyone that went to the FT line that missed a FT shot....not just Lance. He did a good job of seeing that the defense wasn't set up and did something that he's very good at doing....driving to the hoop and drawing a foul.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  36. #23
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,652

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    not blaming him or anything, but Lance hits both those FTs we have a good chance to be watching OT right now

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  38. #24
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    We should really have called a timeout on the last play

    I wanted this win. It's going to be hard against OKC.

    Oh well. Time to watch some Fairy Tail it seems.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  40. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,217

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame

    I'll agree with you all day that the bench is bad Rock, but they are who they are. It's the coaches job to minimize how bad they can be, and he fails to do that when he sticks 4 and 5 of them out there at a time. It's like... they suck, so let them play when they can be somewhat hidden by some decent players. You don't stick 4 people who suck on the floor together at the same time, that's just bad coaching.

  41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  2. Replies: 203
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 02:46 AM
  3. Pacers-Bucks Postgame: Pacers Shoot Fish in a Barrel
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
  4. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  5. Um, Postgame? Pacers win?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •