Thread: Tim Duncan and Tony Parker hold guns to "Joey Crawford's " head on Halloween (mock pic)

Default Tim Duncan and Tony Parker hold guns to "Joey Crawford's " head on Halloween (mock pic)

Bad timing

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-on-halloween/

This is a picture that I’m sure was not supposed to be made public. Still, here are Tony Parker and Tim Duncan at a Halloween party with someone dressed as Spurs referee nemesis Joey Crawford. And they are holding their toy guns to “Crawford’s” head. Could there be worse timing for this picture to surface on Reddit? The Spurs were just fined $250,000 for sitting Duncan, Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green against the Heat on Thursday night. Now there’s a picture of Duncan and Parker holding guns to the head of someone dressed as an NBA official. The way Stern has it out for the Spurs there has to be a fine – if not a suspension – coming.

If you were curious, Duncan was The Punisher. (Last season he wore a Punisher knee brace.) As for Parker, I’m not sure, but maybe Snake Plissken? Or Nick Fury. Here they are with the rest of the Spurs on Halloween in those costumes.

Default Re: Tim Duncan and Tony Parker hold guns to "Joey Crawford's " head on Halloween (mock pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and the Spurs thought the NBA gave them a tough schedule this year...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Gotta Play Big

Default Re: Tim Duncan and Tony Parker hold guns to "Joey Crawford's " head on Halloween (mock pic)

Well, at least he wasn't in the noose. ...and that could have been David Stern instead of Crawford. Crawford would probably laugh about it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody is allowed to have any fun anymore.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

If they get in trouble for this...

Rediculous...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Joey Crawford! I know what I'll be dressed as next Halloween... You can just spend the whole evening theatrically calling blocking fouls on people who are just standing still and calling technical fouls on people who talk back to you when you talk to them.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Joey Crawford! I know what I'll be dressed as next Halloween... You can just spend the whole evening theatrically calling blocking fouls on people who are just standing still and calling technical fouls on people who talk back to you when you talk to them.
    Make sure you aren't going to a party with NBA fans or else you will have drinks thrown at you purely out of instinct.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

If Duncan put his fake gun up against Parkers head and took a pic, is that worthy of a fine? An NBA player "threatening" an NBA employee? Hell no. Because IT'S HALLOWEEN. The gun is fake. Sheesh.

If Matt Bonner went dressed as Sheamus, would he be suspended for violating the league's PED policy?

By the way, Duncan could get a Navy uniform and a flat top wig and go as David Robinson. That would be awesome.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

...now if that had been Stephen Jackson with the gun...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Nick Fury kind of creative if this was in the same timeline as his eye injury.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    If Duncan put his fake gun up against Parkers head and took a pic, is that worthy of a fine? An NBA player "threatening" an NBA employee? Hell no. Because IT'S HALLOWEEN. The gun is fake. Sheesh.

If Matt Bonner went dressed as Sheamus, would he be suspended for violating the league's PED policy?

By the way, Duncan could get a Navy uniform and a flat top wig and go as David Robinson. That would be awesome.
    Well Gilbert Arenas got punished for his gun salute pregame dance but of course he brought an actual gun to a lockerroom

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn thugs.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...lloween-photo/

Duncan addresses Halloween photo

Tim Duncan attributed the leaking of the Halloween photo depicting him and Tony Parker holding toy guns to the head of a man dressed as NBA official Joey Crawford to the modern era of cell phone cameras and 24/7 media. (AP)

Tim Duncan padded over to address the media in bare feet Thursday at the Spurs practice facility, the picture of island reserve.

As someone who prizes comfort and privacy, it shouldn’t come as much surprise that Duncan views the leaking of a Halloween picture showing him and teammate Tony Parker holding toy guns to the head of a man dressed as NBA official Joey Crawford with a sort of resigned exasperation.

“It’s this day and age,” Duncan said. “It was a Halloween party in a private atmosphere. We were having fun. There was nothing to it. But this day and age, people want to blow things into something more than it is. Hopefully it’s gone and whatever is whatever.”

The photo, taken at a large Halloween party, began circulating last weekend via various message boards and the popular sports website Deadspin. The national and local media picked up on it not long after, prompting official no comments from the Spurs and the NBA.

Head coach Gregg Popovich said he hadn’t seen the photo when asked about it on Monday. Teammate Manu Ginobili, who attended the same party as Zorro, said the photo was “very innocent.”

“If somebody dressed like Pop was there,” he said, “I probably would have done the same thing with my little sword. I think it was a joke.”

With five days and two games having passed since the NBA became aware of the photo last Saturday, it’s looking less and less likely that the NBA will take any public disciplinary action. The biggest fallout could be that the already private Duncan will be even less likely to interact with the public — especially after his recent experience at a local drug store.
    “You deal with it when it comes and try to take as little pictures as possible with people for that exact reason,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu Ginobili
    “If somebody dressed like Pop was there,” he said, “I probably would have done the same thing with my little sword. I think it was a joke.”