Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 134 of 134

Thread: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

  1. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJ Augustin is the first point guard off the bench does that make him great? of course not, and just so you know Ian was garbage today with an amazing 2 and 7 in 18 minutes what an amazing player I tell you.
    Thank you for the clarification. I suppose that my question has been answered.

  2. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for the clarification. I suppose that my question has been answered.
    Your point doesn't make sense anyway, you think Ian is good because he is the first big off the bench, so if you believe that you should also believe that DJ, Tyler and the rest of the garbage bench are good players too, it doesn't work that way.

  3. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your point doesn't make sense anyway, you think Ian is good because he is the first big off the bench, so if you believe that you should also believe that DJ, Tyler and the rest of the garbage bench are good players too, it doesn't work that way.
    See, there you go again. Taking a partial view of the statement to argue your point.

    So let me separate it out for you. I'm making a simple statement regarding only two players. Ian is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Solomon. I conclude that because Solomon cannot even stay in the league, whereas Ian is a vital rotational player on our team playing the same position.

    If Ian were at the end of our bench, manning perhaps the 13th to 15th slot on our roster, I might be compelled to extend you a little latitude.

    But he's not. Ian is a player who actually is a 6th to 7th player on a team that competes in a professional league called the NBA. The other guy, named Solomon, is pond scum in comparison.

  4. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, there you go again. Taking a partial view of the statement to argue your point.

    So let me separate it out for you. I'm making a simple statement regarding only two players. Ian is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Solomon. I conclude that because Solomon cannot even stay in the league, whereas Ian is a vital rotational player on our team playing the same position.

    If Ian were at the end of our bench, manning perhaps the 13th to 15th slot on our roster, I might be compelled to extend you a little latitude.

    But he's not. Ian is a player who actually is a 6th to 7th player on a team that competes in a professional league called the NBA. The other guy, named Solomon, is pond scum in comparison.
    The Pacers gave the guy a long term contract and don't have anybody to replace him your point still makes no sense, he has to play not matter what just like DJ and yes Solo is out of the NBA because nobody was crazy enough to give him a long term contract unlike Mahinmi.

    By the way I believe Ian is better than Solo and I believe that Ian belongs in the NBA but not for 4mil a year.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-07-2012 at 11:07 PM.

  5. #130
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    DC warts and all, I would run naked around the circle if he showed up on this team tomorrow to be our backup point guard.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  7. #131

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Me too.

    Collison has a knack of making expectations high when he plays for new teams. They were too high here and now they're too high in Dallas. He'll be great as a backup there eventually.

  8. #132
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    I think DC would have made a pretty good back up PG in Indiana, too bad he didn't want that. He fit this "system" well. Man at this point I'd trade DJ for a Ham Sandwich. Throw in Green for some condiments.
    Last edited by DJVendetta; 12-08-2012 at 02:19 AM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:


  10. #133
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,532

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC warts and all, I would run naked around the circle if he showed up on this team tomorrow to be our backup point guard.

    Exactly. Does he have his flaws? Absolutely. Is Hill a better starter? No question. But would DC be an absolute superior backup option to DJ? Hell yes.

    DC could at least make plays that would help the Pacers. Plus this would have been his third year playing with these guys. The chemistry would have been even better.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  12. #134
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: 3-pointer: Darren Collison disappoints again. ESPN Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather get Calderon, a second round pick plus DJ for him can probably do it.
    Need another 6 million going out for that to happen. DJ, Green and the 2 million we overpaid Hill would be really close of getting it done tho!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
  2. Indiana Pacers' Darren Collison exits game with sprained ankle [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 11:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 08:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
  5. Pacers pick up options for Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 09:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •