Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 100

Thread: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

  1. #26
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he is putting it together but at the same time a part of me is hoping that he doesn't become an star(or close) before his extension is signed, just look at what the all star thing did to the Pacers with Roy.
    I think Roy will get it going offensively sooner or later and while he probably wasn't worth the full max contract (at this point), we needed to keep him.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    @ChrisBHaynes: Nicolas Batum says he injured his lower back going for a rebound in the 1st Q. He landed on his heel wrong and it shot up to his back.

  4. #28
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Roy is a top contender, without question.
    If we keep up our ridiculously good defensive pace and Hibbert maintains around 9-10 rebounds and 3 blocks he should at least get some 1st place votes.

  5. #29
    Member DEEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    I love Croshere. He has so much to say after plays being finished.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:


  7. #30

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  8. #31

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    The biggest thing I've noticed about Paul George this season has been his confidence. Regardless of whether he IS a markedly better ball-handler this year, he FEELS like he is, and I think a lot of his increased aggressiveness is the product that belief. More broadly, this entire team is really starting to play with a lot of confidence - something which obviously bodes well.

    Here is our schedule for the rest of the month:
    Denver
    @OKC
    CLE (below .500)
    PHI
    @DET (below .500)
    @MIL (below .500)
    UTA
    @CLE (below .500)
    @NOH (below .500)
    CHI (below .500)
    PHO (below .500)
    @ATL
    MEM


    A lot of very winnable games in this upcoming stretch. 7 games with teams under .500. Of the 6 games versus teams above .500, only 2 are on the road. For a team rapidly gaining confidence, this is a crucial stretch in our season. If we can rattle off 9 or 10 wins I'd be thrilled.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something is changing on that offense and was about time.Plus as each game passes we find our rhythm.
    What changed was Portlands D. They don't play much.

  11. #33

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    props to Gerald Green. Real nice game by him. Good defensive rotations and focus. Caused one 24-second violation all by himself.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Sir Allen Connor is the BEST NBA referee name. EVER.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Paul George is playing good at a position many thought he wasn't able to play at, by the way his value has never been this high.

  16. #36
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,558

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he is putting it together but at the same time a part of me is hoping that he doesn't become an star(or close) before his extension is signed, just look at what the all star thing did to the Pacers with Roy.
    I am very sure that some Team is going to offer PG a comprable contract to what Batum got....regardless of whether he becomes a "star" or not.... $11 to 12 mil a year for 4 years ( at the very least ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #37
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Has anyone notice how much better we pass? It's so simple, but the pumpkin is actually hittin numbers half the time.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am very sure that some Team is going to offer PG a comprable contract to what Batum got....regardless of whether he becomes a "star" or not.... $11 to 12 mil a year for 4 years ( at the very least ).
    I'm thinking the same thing, hopefully it doesn't become a Harden situation were they have to trade him because they can't pay him.

    Can anybody explain how that works? Hibbert 14mil, Hill 8mil, West 12mil?, Ian 4mil, Green 3 mil and Danny 14, can the Pacers pay Paul George anything close to what Batum is making?

    A total of 57mil for all those players mentioned without Paul George.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-06-2012 at 12:07 AM.

  20. #39
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,558

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Usually, when I see Lance play.....he waits along the perimeter for the ball....if he gets it...he will either shoot the 3pt shot ( if he's open ) or scan the perimeter to pass it along to someone else.

    However.....when Lance actually drives to the hoop...he is able to create for others.

    There were 2 plays with Lance where he drove to the hoop...drew the attention of the defense...and he kicked the ball out at the last second to GH ( in one play ) and to Hibbert ( in another ). Both plays......GH and Hibbert weren't able to hit the shot....IMHO because they weren't ready for the shot.

    I will do the same thing that is always said in the Post-Game Thread......Free Lance.....he's good at driving to and attacking the basket while creating shots for others. They just need to be ready for the ball...cuz there is a good chance of Lance passing it to you.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,558

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking the same thing, hopefully it doesn't become a Harden situation were they have to trade him because they can't pay him.

    Can anybody explain how that works? Hibbert 14mil, Hill 8mil, West 12mil?, Ian 4mil, Green 3 mil and Danny 14, can the Pacers pay Paul George anything close to what Batum is making?
    It's based on the willingness of the Simon's to pay for a Team. Besides...he's a RFA.

    But I think that the only way that we keep a Starting lineup of GH/PG/Granger/Hibbert/West next season is if that lineup gives us a very deep 2nd round Playoff run or even an ECF appearance.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #41

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he is putting it together but at the same time a part of me is hoping that he doesn't become an star(or close) before his extension is signed, just look at what the all star thing did to the Pacers with Roy.
    Wait, so one day you say the Pacers are basically going nowhere because they don't have a star player in a star driven league. Now today, part of you hopes Paul doesn't become a star, at least not too soon, because that means the Pacers will have to pay him more?

  24. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's based on the willingness of the Simon's to pay for a Team. Besides...he's a RFA.

    But I think that the only way that we keep a Starting lineup of GH/PG/Granger/Hibbert/West next season is if that lineup gives us a very deep 2nd round Playoff run or even an ECF appearance.
    When Paul should get the extension next year? or the year after?

  25. #43
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking the same thing, hopefully it doesn't become a Harden situation were they have to trade him because they can't pay him.
    I think the reason we resigned all our contracts this season to flat-rate contracts is so we have the cap flexibility to resign West, George, and Granger as their contracts are up.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  27. #44
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,558

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Paul should get the extension next year? or the year after?
    I will let count55 answer this.....but given what we have seen with SJax asking for an extension way before the last year of his contract ( when he was with the Warriors ), my guess is that he can sign an extension any time between now and next year
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #45

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Roy will get it going offensively sooner or later and while he probably wasn't worth the full max contract (at this point), we needed to keep him.
    He'll probably get it going when Danny comes back and teams stop focusing on him so much.

  29. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, so one day you say the Pacers are basically going nowhere because they don't have a star player in a star driven league. Now today, part of you hopes Paul doesn't become a star, at least not too soon, because that means the Pacers will have to pay him more?
    By star I mean all star(like Hibbert) no superstar, Hibbert got a max because he was an all star last year that was his leverage, I think PG can become an star but not a superstar big difference.

    Anyway the Pacers don't have the money to pay Paul George, pay him as an all star and keep everybody else.

  30. #47
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By star I mean all star(like Hibbert) no superstar, Hibbert got a max because he was an all star last year that was his leverage, I think PG can become an star but not a superstar big difference.

    Anyway the Pacers don't have the money to pay Paul George, pay him as an all star and keep everybody else.
    As long as Simon is willing to go up to the luxury tax (around 70 million) they definitely can. And all indications from the offseason seem to be that he is willing to do that.

  31. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as Simon is willing to go up to the luxury tax (around 70 million) they definitely can. And all indications from the offseason seem to be that he is willing to do that.
    Let's see.

  32. #49
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Just want to give huge props to Paul George. Really proud of the way he has played of the last 2 games and the most exciting part about it is he seems to be figuring "IT" out. A lot of people were hoping his 9 3 point shot game was possibly his coming out party game, and while that was fun to watch I was a little less enthused about the idea that that game was the type of performance that could get PG to the next level as a player. Simply because the way he scored all his points that game were from unconscious 3 point shooting (9 of 13) which is basically unrepeatable when you consider how great Reggie was from down town and his career high was 8 it is probably a fairly safe assumption that PG will never hit 9 again in his career. However, these last 2 games have shown a side of PGs game that can be repeated on a more consistent basis, he showed some post up game, he has shown his mid-range game last couple games (which before these 2 games was woefully missing), and he has shown a lot more aggression driving to the basket. I really hope he keeps feeding off these 2 great performances and starts showing the consistency all us Pacers fans have been yearning to see for a while now.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:


  34. #50
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Pacers/Trail Blazers postgame

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone notice how much better we pass? It's so simple, but the pumpkin is actually hittin numbers half the time.
    Its funny you don't really pay attention to it unless its as terrible as it was in the beginning of the season. But we have definitely improved. David West is an amazing passer right now, PG is definitely better, and both Hill and Lance had some great passes today.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
  2. 12/08/2006 Guess The Score - Pacers vs. Trail Blazers
    By RoboDoug in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 12:31 AM
  3. Pacers 108 Trail Blazers 95
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 12:20 AM
  4. Portland Trail Blazers (7-13) at Indiana Pacers (10-10), 7 p.m.
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
  5. 12/02/2005 Guess The Score - Pacers at Trail Blazers
    By RoboDoug in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •