Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul George Tonight

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George Tonight

The great thing about George, that gives him greater potential than Granger offensively is that he's a much better passer than Danny is or ever was, he creates for others, just compare the plays where frank ISOs GH or DW vs. plays where George even touches the ball, the latter got us an open shot almost every time, whether we sunk it or not.

Good to see another solid game from him tonight.

People need to realize, our expectations for him are just too high. I don't think he will ever be a superstar caliber player, its unreasonable for us to expect him to be, in his 3rd season at age 22 no less.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see another solid game from him tonight.

People need to realize, our expectations for him are just too high. I don't think he will ever be a superstar caliber player, its unreasonable for us to expect him to be, in his 3rd season at age 22 no less.
    He won't be an offensive superstar, as in can average 25+ sustained for an entire season.

I do see potential for 18-22 ppg though, with elite defense and a hefty serving of assists and rebounds. That's one of the top players in the NBA if he finds his consistency.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    He won't be an offensive superstar, as in can average 25+ sustained for an entire season.

I do see potential for 18-22 ppg though, with elite defense and a hefty serving of assists and rebounds. That's one of the top players in the NBA if he finds his consistency.
    I agreed he can be a consistently good scorer, but I see 18-22 ppg as the range of his top-out season. I think 15-18 ppg is a more realistic average for him.

2 games down....I need to see 5 of 20+. I am so happy with where he is even without the scoring, this is just the first time we've reallys een any signs of this .

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I agreed he can be a consistently good scorer, but I see 18-22 ppg as the range of his top-out season. I think 15-18 ppg is a more realistic average for him.
    18-22 is a number we can agree on, which really, is all that a player like Paul needs to average since he's so good at the non-scoring aspects of basketball generally.

After tonights game though, he's averaging 15 ppg on the dot this season, I wouldn't be suprised to see him continue to push that average into the 16ish-17ish ppg range by the end of the season, as he becomes more consistent with time (I've noticed a shift in his aggression and attitude recently already, beyond just the results from boxscores) he should be able to eclipse that range without too much trouble imo.

I want to see him put up a prolonged string of 15+ point games, he has all the ability to have games like tonights one consistently, it's just going to take some time for that mindset to ossify. I think the Pacers consistently winning when Paul tries to be aggressive offensively and score 20+ ppg is doing alot for Paul's confidence to consistently be aggressive, he's a team oriented guy I believe we'll see him have games like this regularly once it sets in for him that playing like this, rather than deferring and wavering is what helps the team win, particularly with Danny out.
    Last edited by daschysta; 12-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Paul has 9 free throw attempts in the past two games. 4.5/game would make him tops on the Pacers, just above Tyler.

That would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    PG is in his 3rd year in the league. He is 22. Not many players have come into the league at such a young age and played consistently at a extremely high level, like all star level which you are talking about. Give PG some time. Danny being out right now makes us need him to mature faster, but it also puts a lot more on PG than he has been ready for. He's not going to be consistent on offense this year imo. He's going to struggle to get to that next level. But that doesn't mean he is trash now. His 4 point and 0 point outings against Sacramento and GS are unacceptable. PG knows this. Thats why he's taking 500 jumpers a day now.

Give the kid time. Was Danny in the league at his age even?
    Yes Danny was a rookie, he averaged 7.5 pts, 4.5 rebounds
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post: