Thread: Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy could return Week 17

Default Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy could return Week 17

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eturn-week-17/

Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy, could return Week 17

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2012, 8:36 PM EST

Reuters
    Colts coach Chuck Pagano is finished with chemotherapy and eyeing a return to the sideline at the end of the season.

Pagano, who has missed most of the season while being treated for leukemia, had his final chemotherapy treatment today. His doctor told the Indianapolis Star afterward that depending on how Pagano is feeling, he believes it is reasonable to think the coach could resume coaching for the regular-season finale against the Texans on December 30.

Im fully supportive and I have my fingers crossed that hell be there on the sideline if thats where he wants to be, Dr. Larry Cripe said. Hes received all of the chemotherapy he was to receive. Now its just a matter of over the next couple of weeks recovering back to health. He can start conditioning and moving towards what he wants to do, which is return to coaching.

Cripe stressed that its no sure thing that Pagano will be feeling up to coaching before the end of the year. But there seems to be increasing optimism out of Indianapolis that Pagano will take the reins back from interim head coach Bruce Arians at the end of the year. And into the playoffs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy could return Week 17

Great news, lets make sure he wants to and feels like he can coach before we get him back! But boy would Lucas Oil be rocking Dec 30 against Houston!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah great news but for God's shake i hope he won't return back until he feels 100% ready.Health is the most important thing and always comes first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is great news for the Colts. How lucky are we that everything fell into place as it did. After the Pagano news, this team had every right to implode and limp home with their tails tucked and not a soul would have blamed them. Thankfully, they're made of different stuff than that. I truly believe that Bruce Arians was the right man in the right place at the right time. If another coach was here to take over for Pags, maybe things don't work out like they did. After this season Bruce Arians should definitley be promoted. The only way to do that within the organization is associate head coach which I wouldn't mind at all. This is assuming that he doesn't end up as a head coach elsewhere which he also deserves. Either way, I'm so happy to hear that Pagano is finished with his chemo and appears to be on his way back to the sideline. Here's to a long and healthy life for Pags and hoping he has a long and successful career as coach of the Colts.
    Last edited by travmil; 12-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is great news for the Colts. How lucky are we that everything fell into place as it did. After the Pagano news, this team had every right to implode and limp home with their tails tucked and not a soul would have blamed them. Thankfully, they're made of different stuff than that. I truly believe that Bruce Arians was the right man in the right place at the right time. If another coach was here to take over for Pags, maybe things don't work out like they did. After this season Bruce Arians should definitley be promoted. The only way to do that within the organization is associate head coach which I wouldn't mind at all. This is assuming that he doesn't end up as a head coach elsewhere which he also deserves. Either way, I'm so happy to hear that Pagano is finished with his chemo and appears to be on his way back to the sideline. Here's to a long and healthy life for Pags and hoping he has a long and successful career as coach of the Colts.
    Based on all of the quotes that Arians has given over the last two months, I don't think that he would want to be promoted within the organization to something like "associate head coach". I feel that he would view that as stepping on Pagano's toes. He's coaching right now as a favor to Chuck and the organization, but he's said that this is Chuck's team when he gets back. I think he'll be completely fine with focusing 100% on offensive coordinator duties and further developing Luck. That's what he was brought here to do.

That's just my two cents though....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: