Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

  1. #1
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Here you go, I have always liked Williams, he has stuff to figure out, but he could be a steal. Minnesota obviously has space to get rid of him and the way they are using him seems to indicate that he is expandable.

    Lance and Tyler are probably peaking as far as trade value, and if Danny comes back then PG moves to the 2, Lance does not have as much importance to us anymore.

    We could always pick up a free agent as well.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4meynh
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #2
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Lance and Tyler do not have any trade value to speak of, let alone enough for a guy who was drafted #2 overall and is a month into his second season.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,451

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance and Tyler do not have any trade value to speak of, let alone enough for a guy who was drafted #2 overall and is a month into his second season.
    I disagree. I think both have some trade value. I don't think they get you Derrick Williams though.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  5. #4
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    I don't think they get you Derrick Williams, but I don't think Derrick Williams has as much value as most do either. He's Mike Beasley with a better rep and less talent at this point.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,451

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think they get you Derrick Williams, but I don't think Derrick Williams has as much value as most do either. He's Mike Beasley with a better rep and less talent at this point.
    haha I thought the same thing as I was typing...just didn't type it.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  8. #6
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    All valid points, but I also think a few things help in the direction of making this trade happen, Tylers contract is coming off the books, Lances contract is small, they get Williams contract off their books, Peckovic contract is coming up this year and I think they would like to sign him back.
    Why so SERIOUS

  9. #7
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    I would even do this deal. Williams has a ton of potential. He's just been misused.

  10. #8
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think they get you Derrick Williams, but I don't think Derrick Williams has as much value as most do either. He's Mike Beasley with a better rep and less talent at this point.
    Yeah right. He doesn't have any mental problems nor is he a possible criminal. Derrick Williams is a great prospect.

  11. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance and Tyler do not have any trade value to speak of, let alone enough for a guy who was drafted #2 overall and is a month into his second season.
    They make the typical Pacers fan trade of our junk for your real player. Silliness.... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 12-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.

  12. #10
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah right. He doesn't have any mental problems nor is he a possible criminal. Derrick Williams is a great prospect.
    that's basically what I said...

  13. #11
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They make the typical Pacers fan trade of our junk for your real player. Silliness.... ...
    Trades are not just about who is the better player, it has to do a lot with financials, and maximizing your assets, right now by just having Williams on their bench they are not maximizing their assets. You do things to help the team in the present and in the future. Getting decent role players who also have expiring contract might be the better mover for Minnesota than keeping a guy who they struggle to give minutes to, who also plays at a deep position on their roster and does not fit what their team needs.
    Why so SERIOUS

  14. #12

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trades are not just about who is the better player, it has to do a lot with financials, and maximizing your assets, right now by just having Williams on their bench they are not maximizing their assets. You do things to help the team in the present and in the future. Getting decent role players who also have expiring contract might be the better mover for Minnesota than keeping a guy who they struggle to give minutes to, who also plays at a deep position on their roster and does not fit what their team needs.
    Actually, I like this idea only not with Lance invovled. Tyler and cash or a pick, Tyler and Ben? Minn. says they won't trade DWill until Rubio is back, but I believe they would love to move him. Tyler and some cash just might get the job done. Gives Minny a backup for Love for 10-12 minutes and gives us a 3/4 tweener for the future. Get'er done.

  15. #13
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,587

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, I like this idea only not with Lance invovled. Tyler and cash or a pick, Tyler and Ben? Minn. says they won't trade DWill until Rubio is back, but I believe they would love to move him. Tyler and some cash just might get the job done. Gives Minny a backup for Love for 10-12 minutes and gives us a 3/4 tweener for the future. Get'er done.

  16. #14
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance, Tyler for Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that's basically what I said...
    Oh, I missed that.

Similar Threads

  1. Derrick Williams
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
  3. Timberwolves after Gasol...almost traded Derrick Williams
    By graphic-er in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
  4. Derrick Williams of Arizona Wildcats entering draft, will hire agent [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
  5. Roy Williams talks about Tyler Hansbrough's health
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •