Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Warriors postgame thread.

Future Finals MVP? boombaby1987's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Warriors postgame thread.

Also, you know you are taking too many threes when you shoot more than the Warriors do. Period.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the exception of Hansbrough, the bench shot 9/17. I will take that every time. I though Ian played great personally. Defended well and scored when the opportunity presented itself. What made you think he sucked?
    Ian and Young have held down the bench of recent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The Pacers can also use some of those guards Golden state has, they can shoot, dribble and pass the ball well, the pacers don't even have one.
    Or at least that's how they look in the Warriors system.

PS: Altough, I'd love to have Klay.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Also, Landry had 16 points off the bench. Quieter than Jack's, but still deadly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    C'mon, Hill has been quite good. He and West on offense are the only reason we have been decent against this lackluster schedule.
    Yes Hill has been amazing but he is not able to cut, shoot and make the kind of passes those guys do.

Would have been a much closer game if Jack didn't turn into MJ for a quarter, but sometimes players get hot. Can't complain about it.

Biggest problem I'm seeing for PG is that he's over thinking everything he's doing on the court. He needs to get the ball, take two dribbles and shoot, or make a hard cut and commit to it. Everything he does starts with a soft step. Really needs to hit his spots harder and with the idea of a shot or drive. Long term I'm not worried. A lot of that comes with experience and building confidence.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Paul George has been a total dissappointment this season. He cannot score against any defender. His only points come off of uncontested breakaways or open threes. Absolutely cannot drive, create seperation and hit a midrange shot. The way he double clutches in traffic to avoid drawing a foul resulting in getting blocked or his idiotic scoop shot makes me want to go on a shooting spree.
    this is a good, concise description. he never attempts a drive and yes, 95% of his points are probably open 3's and uncontested breakaways.
    if someone is actually guarding him- he will pass since we know he will never attempt to drive.
    of the 7 shots he took, 5 were from downtown. who does he think he is- posey?
    he is far too quick for posey-ball. i wish frank would challenge him to attack at least once in a while.

but anyways, on the bright side- 2 of 3 on the road is something i can live with.

Paul George is a human shoulder shrug out there.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Just got home from the game. Pacers actually didn't look too bad, but the Warriors clearly had more energy and yes they are a better team this year than in years' past. Jarret Jack (!) was giving them great ball movement and on the defensive end they were clogging the lanes and seemed like they were able to frustrate whatever interior game we tried to get going.

Also I could have sworn I had an El Pacero sighting. I tried to get a pic but wasn't quick enough. Whomever it was had the whole blue-and-gold wrestling mask going on with a Pacers windbreaker jacket. Whomever that was, kudos!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I think Donnie and KP and have the guts to trade Paul.
    KP was at the game.....watching the game in the row behind me. I should have looked over to see what his reaction was to the game...but my hope is that he is not too happy with the performance.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

It is naice to see Ian having some naice games in a row and the Warriors announcers
    noticing one of them.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    Disappointing loss but a 2-1 west road trip I can take.

Evidence is starting to point toward PG being a good player that doesn't have the drive to be great.
    Is "drive" different than "killer instinct"?

"Drive" to me means the willingness to put in the hard work to be a good Player. Whereas "Killer instinct" refers to wanting to be "The Man"...the guy that wants to take over a game while taking that last shot to win the game. I think that GH, Granger and West fits that description. I haven't seen that at all on a consistent basis coming from PG or Hibbert.

I mentioned it in another thread....I think that PG has the skill, talent and potential to be a much better player ( as many have pointed out....TMac at the height of his game ) but doesn't have the "killer instinct" or willingness to take over a game...whereas Granger has skill and talent to be a good "Pippen" level player ( as in a clear ceiling ) and the willingness to want and take the shot.

Until he figures it out...if he does.......I think that PG is more of a Complementary Player that is far more effective as a priimary 4th / backup 3rd scoring option on the Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2012 at 03:11 AM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    I didn't want to say anything because of the Tyler lovers but Tyler has been useless lately.
    After Mahinmi got his 5 fouls....I was afraid that he'd foul out and Vogel would be forced to play Hibbert/West with Hansbrough.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The Pacers can also use some of those guards Golden state has, they can shoot, dribble and pass the ball well, the pacers don't even have one.
    I'll keep on saying this til we re-sign DJ in the offseason , but I really hope that the Pacers make a serious run at Jarrett Jack to be the backup PG. That or just make Lance the backup PG. Seriously, Lance is not supposed to be a SG that is waiting for the ball as a Spot up shooter....he's WAY better at creating for the 2nd unit than any one else is.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Its definitely time we start seeing Ian/Roy. Tyler played way too much to start the 4th.
    For some reason.....Roy sat a lot longer than I thought he should have especially in the 4th QTR. I don't think that he was in foul trouble. I really wonder if Vogel just wasn't confident in him or preferred to play Mahinmi.

As for why Hansbrough played a lot more than he should have....DW can only play so many minutes.....that and Mahinmi was in foul trouble.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2012 at 03:12 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's a really weird way to use George on defense. He's a lock-down on-ball defender and a roamer. He just isn't mobile or focused enough to chase those kinds of guys around. Any of Young, Lance or Green would have made more sense. Shift PG onto Curry or Barnes. I don't know what Vogel is thinking with these kinds of matchups.
    I don't think that any of them were a good matchup for Curry and Klay when it comes to running around those screens. I think that it's a combination of Curry and Klay being really good at moving without the ball and the Warriors setting good screens ( something I wish the Pacers could do ).

Sports Logo

Also, Landry had 16 points off the bench. Quieter than Jack's, but still deadly.

Watching a lot of Warriors games....I knew that they would beat us cuz of our inconsistent scoring ( whether it comes from our Starters or Bench Players ) because of their bench Players like Jack and Landry. They close out games with Curry, Klay, Lee, Landry and whoever else is doing good in teh game. 4 of their Closers are very efficient scorers that can kill you on the offensive end that are good at scoring on their closing possessions. Given that PG was a HUGE GOOSE-EGG on the offensive end.....I'm not surprised in the least that we lost. As someone here pointed out....this Warriors Team is actually a good Team.

If Lance is out of the equation as backup PG next season ( I don't want him to be anything other than that ), then I really hope the Pacers make a run at both Jack ( UFA ) and Landry ( Player Option ) to improve the 2nd unit.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2012 at 03:19 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    Just got home from the game. Pacers actually didn't look too bad, but the Warriors clearly had more energy and yes they are a better team this year than in years' past. Jarret Jack (!) was giving them great ball movement and on the defensive end they were clogging the lanes and seemed like they were able to frustrate whatever interior game we tried to get going.

Also I could have sworn I had an El Pacero sighting. I tried to get a pic but wasn't quick enough. Whomever it was had the whole blue-and-gold wrestling mask going on with a Pacers windbreaker jacket. Whomever that was, kudos!
    Yes, it was El Pacero. Who else would be dressed up in a Blue and Gold mask carrying a Gold Wrestling belt?

You should have come over....Seth, Gnome, Mrs. Gnome ( Lisa ) and I were sitting in the same section with him ( but in different rows ).

Move in for a ****ing 17 footer already. This obsession with every open perimeter look needing to be from deep is driving me crazy. We don't have those type of shooters (i.e. Curry & Thompson profile).
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Exactly. They have bench guys who are legit, proven scorers. Pacers bench has 0. Big issue for us. Low experience, low leadership, horribly inconsistent offense (if any).

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Went to bed at halftime and I'm glad I did. Really surprised to see Paul George get a goose egg. Probably would have won if he could have scored some points.
    Last edited by Mr_Smith; 12-02-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

Totally agree about banishing DJ to the bench and handing over b/u point to Lance. Only problem is we don't have enough guys playing worth crap to fill out a roster. I think TPTB should try to get at least a temporary solution by finding a vet who could at least come in and play some filler minutes. Already missed out on Pietrus though.

If we have to continue with the current crop with, mercifully, no more DJ minutes, I guess maybe its something like this.

Starters: Hill, PG, Young, West, Roy
    Bench: Lance, Green, Tyler, Foul Magnet Mahinmi (He did have a good game, but it does get frustrating)

Just rotate those 9. No more DJ, please. Problem is Hansbrough is lost. What the hell is up with him not being able to hit a 16 footer? In college he could do it, no? It's just a FT for crying out loud.

Also, in fairness given my opinion to this point, Green did enough positive things tonight to be noticeable (to me). That said, given Granger's injury, he has to find a way to give us more offense, more consistent 3s (which is what I thought to be one of his claims to fame), and just more overall impact on the game. Although, since I don't see him as a true 3 pt shooter so far anyway, why not try and 18 footer and see if you get some rhythm going?
    Last edited by D-BONE; 12-02-2012 at 08:29 AM.

-Emiliano Zapata

33. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Should have made a run at Landry this year.

-Emiliano Zapata

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Totally agree about banishing DJ to the bench and handing over b/u point to Lance. Only problem is we don't have enough guys playing worth crap to fill out a roster. I think TPTB should try to get at least a temporary solution by finding a vet who could at least come in and play some filler minutes. Already missed out on Pietrus though.

If we have to continue with the current crop with, mercifully, no more DJ minutes, I guess maybe its something like this.

Starters: Hill, PG, Young, West, Roy
    Bench: Lance, Green, Tyler, Foul Magnet Mahinmi (He did have a good game, but it does get frustrating)

Just rotate those 9. No more DJ, please. Problem is Hansbrough is lost. What the hell is up with him not being able to hit a 16 footer? In college he could do it, no? It's just a FT for crying out loud.

Also, in fairness given my opinion to this point, Green did enough positive things tonight to be noticeable (to me). That said, given Granger's injury, he has to find a way to give us more offense, more consistent 3s (which is what I thought to be one of his claims to fame), and just more overall impact on the game. Although, since I don't see him as a true 3 pt shooter so far anyway, why not try and 18 footer and see if you get some rhythm going?
    I'm with you. What happened to our guys playing more minutes this year? We don't even have a guy averaging 36 a game and we're without our top scorer. This 10 man rotations gotta go. There's no way our wings can get into a rhythm in Frank's boring offense playing 20 something mpg and only getting up a shot every 5 minutes. Here's my eight man rotation... probably unrealistic but I'm tired of watching DJ and Tyler. I might give them a 4 or 5 mpg occasionally if guys were tired.

Hill 38/Lance 10
    Lance 20/ Young 20/George 8
    George 28/Green 20
    West 36/Ian 12
    Hibbert 32/ Ian 16

Hill 38 minutes
    Lance 30
    Young 20
    Green 20
    George 36
    West 36
    Ian 28