Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Kings post game thread.

Default Re: Pacers/Kings post game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Roy's offense looks about the same, he's just missing some shots and rushing things which is what he does whenever he gets in these funks. In the Warriors game he started showing touch on the lefty hook and appeared to be recovering his shot confidence.

Maybe let's not sell the car just because it's a little low on gas. I agree that some issues are frustrating, disappointing or worrisome, but this idea that everything is 100% broken is silly. It only needs to be 10-15% broken in a couple of places for things to go totally to s***, which is what's happened to the offense to start the year.

But this 5 should be our boys for another 4-5 years and should be capable of that. This whole "it will never be right" and "Danny will never return" talk is just such hyperbole at this point.
    Agree with all of this with one small caveat. My concern with Hibbert is less about his broken shot, and more about his fragile ego. It's always been fragile, and the broken shot so far this year is a symptom of a consistent underlying problem he's had since he was drafted here.

I think when people start to see the sky falling with Hibbert, it's likely more around that then his putrid offensive production so far this year. If that resolves, then his work ethic, good health, and inherent size advantage will take care of the rest.

Totally agree however, that we saw a glimpse of "Old Roy" during the GSW game.

Wonder how that carries through against Noah tonight?
    Last edited by docpaul; 12-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I think Roy's offense looks about the same, he's just missing some shots and rushing things which is what he does whenever he gets in these funks. In the Warriors game he started showing touch on the lefty hook and appeared to be recovering his shot confidence.

Maybe let's not sell the car just because it's a little low on gas. I agree that some issues are frustrating, disappointing or worrisome, but this idea that everything is 100% broken is silly. It only needs to be 10-15% broken in a couple of places for things to go totally to s***, which is what's happened to the offense to start the year.

But this 5 should be our boys for another 4-5 years and should be capable of that. This whole "it will never be right" and "Danny will never return" talk is just such hyperbole at this point.

5 more years with this same group? I just threw it up in my mouth a bit, damn thanks for making me feel sick so early in the morning.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    5 more years with this same group? I just threw it up in my mouth a bit, damn thanks for making me feel sick so early in the morning.
    Maybe you're pregnant.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

That thread is showing way more people than the ones you are mentioning not only that but a lot of people wanted him for less than max money, I'm pretty sure that 90% of PD wanted Roy Hibbert for less than max and they wanted Hill for less than 8mil, the fact is that at the end of the day people wanted them even if it was for one mil less here and there.
    Of course I hoped we'd get Roy for less than the max. I think the FO did the right thing in matching Portland's offer, though. I wasn't sure who we were bidding against on Hill's payday, but he's been trying pretty hard to prove he's worth it. Get Danny back and healthy and I'm very happy with this team.

I guess when I read your posts, I just don't understand why you go nuclear so frequently. Most of the people on here are trying to have a nice, rational discussion. You've proven you're capable of that. You're as smart as anybody here, but your absolute insistence that you're never ever ever ever ever ever wrong just gives you less credibility, not more.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-04-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Danny might return but at what level? What condition is he going to be in...and how many minutes are they going to risk playing him? He has been nursing that knee for some time now...and each year it's getting worse rather than better.
    Ok, so it went from a flat-out "Danny's not coming back for the playoffs" to "Danny won't be in good shape when he gets here" to "Danny's knee could be a long-term issue." Way to make a definitive statement.

We'll see what happens... my understanding of the procedure and the time off is that it is an attempt to fix this long-term issue. If it's fixed, and if the knee is actually responsible for some of Danny's declining play over the past few years, then we might go to a whole new level as a team.

Heck, even if Danny could give us 80% of his best for the late-season run and the playoffs, that would be excellent.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Of course I hoped we'd get Roy for less than the max. I think the FO did the right thing in matching Portland's offer, though. I wasn't sure who we were bidding against on Hill's payday, but he's been trying pretty hard to prove he's worth it. Get Danny back and healthy and I'm very happy with this team.

I guess when I read your posts, I just don't understand why you go nuclear so frequently. Most of the people on here are trying to have a nice, rational discussion. You've proven you're capable of that. You're as smart as anybody here, but your absolute insistence that you're never ever ever ever ever ever wrong just gives you less credibility, not more.
    That's bs and you know that, if there is somebody on this forum that acts like he is never wrong and is riding a high horse his name is Anthem, you don't like to thank people and you always act like you are better than anybody here.

So as a high horse riding person that you are I don't think you have the right to tell me anything.

Banned

Ok, so it went from a flat-out "Danny's not coming back for the playoffs" to "Danny won't be in good shape when he gets here" to "Danny's knee could be a long-term issue." Way to make a definitive statement.
    Danny's knee issue has been a long term issue since college what is so hard to understand? you are just in denial.

We'll see what happens... my understanding of the procedure and the time off is that it is an attempt to fix this long-term issue. If it's fixed, and if the knee is actually responsible for some of Danny's declining play over the past few years, then we might go to a whole new level as a team.

Heck, even if Danny could give us 80% of his best for the late-season run and the playoffs, that would be excellent.
    The procedure was an attempt to reduce the pain that he is having on the knee it's not to "fix" and issue, according to reports his knee injuries are not fixable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's bs and you know that, if there is somebody on this forum that acts like he is never wrong and is riding a high horse his name is Anthem, you don't like to thank people and you always act like you are better than anybody here.

So as a high horse riding person that you are I don't think you have the right to tell me anything.
    Lol what?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Danny's knee issue has been a long term issue since college what is so hard to understand? you are just in denial.
    I can't find any evidence about what specifically his knee issues were, and it's not clear whether we're talking about the same knee either. But I do remember conversation around his knee being a reason he dropped. Wierd how Google is seemingly unaware of this now?

The procedure was an attempt to reduce the pain that he is having on the knee it's not to "fix" and issue, according to reports his knee injuries are not fixable.
    Neither of these are really true. He had a PRP injection in the tendon, which is meant to accelerate healing from chronic wear/tear injury on the tendon. Basically, tendinosis is chronic damage to a tendon, and from what I've read, it's his patellar tendon (the distal aspect of it). There are only three ways of dealing with this sort of injury: 1) prolonged rest which allows his body to recover on it's own accord, 2) accelerated healing through an injection like he had, and 3) surgical resection of the affected tissue in his knee.

I hate to say it, but this is the same injury that MDJ had. Remember how they talked about "removing calcifications in his tendon?" The full expression of chronic damage in a tendon is calcification. I doubt it's quite as severe in Danny's case because they wouldn't have likely injected PRP into calcified tendon.

But: PRP injections don't relieve pain (they actually hurt like hell for some time by all accounts), and the injection was meant to accelerate healing and potentially resolve the problem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I can't find any evidence about what specifically his knee issues were, and it's not clear whether we're talking about the same knee either. But I do remember conversation around his knee being a reason he dropped. Wierd how Google is seemingly unaware of this now?
    I think we are talking about another knee issue, I'm pretty sure that his problem since college was something else, I can't find anything in Google either.

Neither of these are really true. He had a PRP injection in the tendon, which is meant to accelerate healing from chronic wear/tear injury on the tendon. Basically, tendinosis is chronic damage to a tendon, and from what I've read, it's his patellar tendon (the distal aspect of it). There are only three ways of dealing with this sort of injury: 1) prolonged rest which allows his body to recover on it's own accord, 2) accelerated healing through an injection like he had, and 3) surgical resection of the affected tissue in his knee.

I hate to say it, but this is the same injury that MDJ had. Remember how they talked about "removing calcifications in his tendon?" The full expression of chronic damage in a tendon is calcification. I doubt it's quite as severe in Danny's case because they wouldn't have likely injected PRP into calcified tendon.

But: PRP injections don't relieve pain (they actually hurt like hell for some time by all accounts), and the injection was meant to accelerate healing and potentially resolve the problem.
    I think we are talking about the same thing but you are better than me at explaining it, my point is that even if this "new" tendon issue is resolved he is still gonna have to deal with the knee problems he always had to deal with(since college).

edit: Here is the part that tell us that is a "new" injury, or maybe is the problematic knee that go worse?

But the loss of Granger, who injured the knee in last season's Miami series and tweaked it in an off-season workout,
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...s-nba/1668969/
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Yeah, we probably are saying the same thing.

However, we might differ on the prognosis: you *can* repair tendinosis. It's not fatal to his career, but everyone should temper expectations appropriately. This doesn't just go away with a couple of weeks of rest, and this injury is an accumulation of significant wear/tear to his tendon.

Seeing the same Granger as last year at some point during the season is probably best case scenario.

Gotta love it. Vnzla calls out Anthem for him riding his high horse, then goes on to say that Danny's knee injury is from far back as college, and that it cannot be fixed.

Docpaul comes in, gets Vnlza to admit that we don't know if the knee injury is even in the same knee as the college worries, and that you can fix the injury. Vnzla then claims that docpaul and he are making the same point......

All while he just called Anthem out for not being able to admit when he's wrong.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Gotta love it. Vnzla calls out Anthem for him riding his high horse, then goes on to say that Danny's knee injury is from far back as college, and that it cannot be fixed.

Docpaul comes in, gets Vnlza to admit that we don't know if the knee injury is even in the same knee as the college worries, and that you can fix the injury. Vnzla then claims that docpaul and he are making the same point......

All while he just called Anthem out for not being able to admit when he's wrong.
    Want more irony? You and vnlza81 are constantly arguing with each other. His avatar is Stewie and your avatar is Stewie as Vader fighting Obi-Wan!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    If it could be fixed how come teams didn't want to draft him and how come he haven't got it fix?

It's the same point but of course you are going to disagree because you have an ax to grind and you are "Mr semantics", good try though.

Nothing I said has to do with semantics. No ax, just like laughing at funny situations. Carry on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Yeah, we probably are saying the same thing.

However, we might differ on the prognosis: you *can* repair tendinosis. It's not fatal to his career, but everyone should temper expectations appropriately. This doesn't just go away with a couple of weeks of rest, and this injury is an accumulation of significant wear/tear to his tendon.

Seeing the same Granger as last year at some point during the season is probably best case scenario.
    Isn't tendinosis the same thing Dunleavy had? I understand that was not fatal to his career but Manleavy was not Manleavy after that surgery.

Isn't tendinosis the same thing Dunleavy had? I understand that was not fatal to his career but Manleavy was not Manleavy after that surgery.
    Yeah, read my previous post to you. "This is the same injury that MDJ had."

However, Manleavy has never been an appropriate nickname for his style of play.

Outside of that one game last year where he laid Hansbrough out.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He looks pretty much the same to me. One season of scoring well above his career average then dropping back to his career average just tells me he had one really good season, and his injury had nothing to do with him dropping back down to how he normally played.

Dude, who's talking about rights? It's a free country and a free forum; you've got the right to say and do what you want if it's within the rules.

I'm just telling you that this tendency to take everything to the next emotional level (demonstrated really well by this post, actually) does you no favors. You'd have more credibility if you occasionally said "I don't agree but I can see where you're coming from" or "Oh, my mistake, I wasn't right about that particular issue."

Enjoy your time at PD!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Dude, who's talking about rights? It's a free country and a free forum; you've got the right to say and do what you want if it's within the rules.

I'm just telling you that this tendency to take everything to the next emotional level (demonstrated really well by this post, actually) does you no favors. You'd have more credibility if you occasionally said "I don't agree but I can see where you're coming from" or "Oh, my mistake, I wasn't right about that particular issue."
    I've tell people I'm sorry and my bad when they deserve it, Bills, Peck and others are prove of that.