Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Kings post game thread.

Default Re: Pacers/Kings post game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also love how people keep making fun of Nene's contract, I guess people have not seen that the Pacers now have a similar contract in Roy Hibbert and Danny "I'm making 13mil a year to sit home" Granger.
    Perhaps you need to have your eyes checked. Danny has been with the team on the West Coast trip and actually started coming to games two games before they left on the road.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......Now that I think about it the team is 3-1 since Danny has just returned to the sideline, imagine how much better it will be when he actually gets to play.

You better be getting ready to polish those buckles on that emporer's saddle when he returns on that white horse.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    More on West and Hill--they're so key to our team because they are two of our smartest players. It's just tough to quantify how important it is to have guys with high basketball IQ out there. This team is going to be very good when Danny comes back.
    Not only do both posses a high basketball IQ they both have something that IMO you either have or your don't and it's not something you can probably learn. Mental toughness. They don't get raddled and they are always looking for that kill shot.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I can get the Hibbert point because he sucks, but Granger is injured. Is Derrick Rose a bad contract? He makes even more than Granger and will probably be out longer.
    I'm mentioning Danny because somebody was trying to make a point with Nene by saying that he is a loser while he has also been injured like Danny, so because the Wizards are loosing while Nene and Wall are out that automatically makes them losers in some people eyes.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I can get the Hibbert point because he sucks, but Granger is injured. Is Derrick Rose a bad contract? He makes even more than Granger and will probably be out longer.
    ...Wow!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This team is going to be very good when Danny comes back.
    Yes. But expect it to take a few games. They'll probably get worse before they get better.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Yes. But expect it to take a few games. They'll probably get worse before they get better.
    I'm guessing a month at least will be needed when Danny returns before he's 100% effective and can play his usual minutes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Perhaps you need to have your eyes checked. Danny has been with the team on the West Coast trip and actually started coming to games two games before they left on the road.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......Now that I think about it the team is 3-1 since Danny has just returned to the sideline, imagine how much better it will be when he actually gets to play.

You better be getting ready to polish those buckles on that emporer's saddle when he returns on that white horse.
    I'm imagining Danny's first game in uniform to be a bit like Gandalf's arrival at Helm's Deep with all those riding in on a white horse comparisons.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'm mentioning Danny because somebody was trying to make a point with Nene by saying that he is a loser while he has also been injured like Danny, so because the Wizards are loosing while Nene and Wall are out that automatically makes them losers in some people eyes.
    I mean the Wizards sucked last year too, and Denver wasn't exactly tearing it up with Nene before he was dealt

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I'm guessing a month at least will be needed when Danny returns before he's 100% effective and can play his usual minutes.
    Just his presence clearly has an impact on these guys. There is a sense of normalcy when the longest tenured Pacer is present and around the team on a daily basis. I'm sure the mere fact Danny is traveling and also apparently working out with the team team has been a huge boost to morale. A needed lift when things looked bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    it's not something you can probably learn. Mental toughness.
    I don't agree with this statement. I just think it is the hardest thing to learn, and if you don't learn soon enough it can ruin your career before you really get it all together. Often times it is more of a switch that gets turned on than a gradual process also, which is usually turned on when you have had enough of being pushed around. It defiantly isn't something you learn by going to a shrink though.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 12-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean the Wizards sucked last year too, and Denver wasn't exactly tearing it up with Nene before he was dealt
    They started to play better with him there and the Nuggets ended up with a record over .500 so I don't know what are you talking about?

They started to play better with him there and the Nuggets ended up with a record over .500 so I don't know what are you talking about?
    I am saying the Wizards were still not a good team when Nene got there, and the Nuggets got better once he left.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We are a playoff team, but not contending with this group. Maybe if Granger returns and Hibbert and George step up we can bump with the elite. But none of those things are happening.
    None of those things are happening? You don't think Danny's gonna be back before the playoffs?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I am saying the Wizards were still not a good team when Nene got there, and the Nuggets got better once he left.
    Go ahead and replace Nene with West and that team is still going to suck without Wall and nope Denver didn't get better you are acting like he was sucking the life out of the team, stop making bs up to make yourself feel better.

You are an Indiana Pacers hater and specially a Larry Bird hater because they are the ones that took that whole trip to kiss Nene's a** to bring him here, no me, all I did was agree with Bird so stop it.

I love how I'm supposed to be the only that wanted him when a huge group of people wanted him also.
    Dude, you pick the weirdest fights.

Everybody wanted Nene here, including Bird and the entire forum. But when it came out how much money Nene wanted, Larry Bird and everybody on the forum except you said the same thing: Nice player, too much money. You took the opposite track, and you took it pretty vocally. Just one example here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...erpay-for-Nene

Four people said we should pay him 18mil: pacers74, Steagles, thatch3232, and you.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Dude, you pick the weirdest fights.

Everybody wanted Nene here, including Bird and the entire forum. But when it came out how much money Nene wanted, Larry Bird and everybody on the forum except you said the same thing: Nice player, too much money. You took the opposite track, and you took it pretty vocally. Just one example here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...erpay-for-Nene

Four people said we should pay him 18mil: pacers74, Steagles, thatch3232, and you.
    That thread is showing way more people than the ones you are mentioning not only that but a lot of people wanted him for less than max money, I'm pretty sure that 90% of PD wanted Roy Hibbert for less than max and they wanted Hill for less than 8mil, the fact is that at the end of the day people wanted them even if it was for one mil less here and there.

David West is beginning to put the team on his shoulders. Hill is playing great lately. Now Roy and Paul need to step up and then our offense will be clicking
    Smothered Chicken!

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    None of those things are happening? You don't think Danny's gonna be back before the playoffs?
    Danny might return but at what level? What condition is he going to be in...and how many minutes are they going to risk playing him? He has been nursing that knee for some time now...and each year it's getting worse rather than better.

Hibbert and Paul George are not getting it done. I think without a healthy Granger and without major growth in Hibbert or Paul George, we top out as an 8 seed or so. West isn't getting any younger either. ...and the Pacers will be picking around 15 or lower for a long time.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Danny might return but at what level? What condition is he going to be in...and how many minutes are they going to risk playing him? He has been nursing that knee for some time now...and each year it's getting worse rather than better.

Hibbert and Paul George are not getting it done. I think without a healthy Granger and without major growth in Hibbert or Paul George, we top out as an 8 seed or so. West isn't getting any younger either. ...and the Pacers will be picking around 15 or lower for a long time.
    We are currently 9th and have played some AWFUL basketball. We have also have an elite defense and some of our guys have been averaging career low efficiency numbers. Also, we are effectively tied for 8th atm, as we are 8-8, but Chicago is 7-7 and has a better division record. So you think this team is what it is right now?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

I think a lot of people are overplaying the poor offensive play of Hibbert and George. Yeah they have shot it poorly, but other than that they both have played well or even great in every other facet of the game.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    About Hibbert, I think putting on so much weight was a mistake. He was much more fit/mobile last year. I know he wanted to build his lower body so he wouldn't be pushed off the block so easy, but I think he gave up too much agility to do so. I hope he considers trimming down.
    if he slims down- he will get pushed around much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    if he slims down- he will get pushed around much more easily.
    He gets pushed around just as much this year as he did last year. The way I see it, he typically wins his positioning battles when he first goes out there. 5-6 minutes of game time later and he looks like he's fighting tiredness just as much as his man. But I thought the same last year. The only real difference I see is that he falls down a couple less times per game.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 12-04-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    He gets pushed around just as much this year as he did last year. The way I see it, he typically wins his positioning battles when he first goes out there. 5-6 minutes of game time later and he looks like he's fighting tiredness just as much as his man. But I thought the same last year. The only real difference I see is that he falls down a couple less times per game.
    I recall Hibbert being pushed around inside the paint by Carl Landry during the Warriors game.....

However....most every Player that Hibbert plays against will always have a lower center of gravity than he does
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I think Roy's offense looks about the same, he's just missing some shots and rushing things which is what he does whenever he gets in these funks. In the Warriors game he started showing touch on the lefty hook and appeared to be recovering his shot confidence.

Maybe let's not sell the car just because it's a little low on gas. I agree that some issues are frustrating, disappointing or worrisome, but this idea that everything is 100% broken is silly. It only needs to be 10-15% broken in a couple of places for things to go totally to s***, which is what's happened to the offense to start the year.

But this 5 should be our boys for another 4-5 years and should be capable of that. This whole "it will never be right" and "Danny will never return" talk is just such hyperbole at this point.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Go ahead and replace Nene with West and that team is still going to suck without Wall and nope Denver didn't get better you are acting like he was sucking the life out of the team, stop making bs up to make yourself feel better.
    The Nuggets winning percentage went up after the Nene trade whether you like it or not. Before the Nene trade, 24-20, after 14-8. I don't know that he was sucking the life out of them or that it was even his fault, but he was hurt for a portion of the season the team's winning percentage went up after he was moved. That is what I do know. So I am not making up BS.