Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

Banned

Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

@gswscribe: GM Bob Myers confessed to the Warriors misleading fans about Andrew Bogut's ankle surgery. Says blame belongs at... http://t.co/6TOPTvhP

Nothing the Warriors haven't done before.....which is basically to do everything to protect ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing the Warriors haven't done before.....which is basically to do everything to protect ticket sales.
    ...short of trying to win games.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Has there been any precedence for this before in the NBA? A player coming out and saying the team has not been completely honest about a procedure?
    This is not exactly the same situation, but the way the front office in Portland handled both Darius Miles and Brandon Roy's retirement belongs in the category of general lies and misinformation about injuries. I don't think we have any reason to fear as Pacer fans though. It's not like we hired any of those guys to manage our squad.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean people have supported WWE for years, but they also probably don't get all upset when their favorite wrestle doesn't win a championship.

Of course lies can be profitable, but I don't support the WWE. If we found out in February that Danny actually had microfracture surgery on his knee, I would be pissed.
    The only thing the WWE lies about is injuries, everyone knows that the show itself is scripted. That being said the WWE is probably more dangerous than most sports, and its fanbase appreciates the wrestlers sacrificing their bodies for our entertainment.......apples and oranges.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This is not exactly the same situation, but the way the front office in Portland handled both Darius Miles and Brandon Roy's retirement belongs in the category of general lies and misinformation about injuries. I don't think we have any reason to fear as Pacer fans though. It's not like we hired any of those guys to manage our squad.
    I think you are forgetting the part that once those guys becomes Pacers they sign an oath and they get told by the Pope to never tell a lie and be "straight up shooters".

Vnzla is

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Joe is saying that we all know teams fudge or try to avoid specifics, but there doesn't seem to be any definite cases of "Yes, we are openly telling you he got a tetnus shot" followed by an event 3 months later where the player says "that was an outright lie, I had my arm amputated". It's a case of the team outright lying about a known procedure, not about being wrong on a diagnoses or just being coy with the information and letting people speculate.

It's one thing to not disclose everything, and another to directly say something different happened.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Joe is saying that we all know teams fudge or try to avoid specifics, but there doesn't seem to be any definite cases of "Yes, we are openly telling you he got a tetnus shot" followed by an event 3 months later where the player says "that was an outright lie, I had my arm amputated". It's a case of the team outright lying about a known procedure, not about being wrong on a diagnoses or just being coy with the information and letting people speculate.

It's one thing to not disclose everything, and another to directly say something different happened.
    Yes this is exactly what I am saying. It'd be like the Bulls last year in the playoffs saying Derrick Rose has a sprained knee and is questionable and then us finding out in August that he actually blew out his knee and had to have ACL reconstruction.

I seem to recall that the first 5 or so times Greg Oden injured his knee in Portland there was always a rosy prognosis for 100% recovery in practically no time. I am not sure that the actual nature of the injury was ever covered up, though, just the severity and/or expected recovery time.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

One perhaps relevant example: Jeremy Lin's late-season injury last year was clearly more serious than the Knicks led on. They knew there was a torn miniscus, yet he was listed as day-to-day forever. By one report, the Knicks held on to that bad news until the passage of the date for their fans to buy playoff tickets, in a ticket campaign that heavily promoted "Linsanity":

The Knicks were eventually going to get around to revealing the troubling results of Jeremy Lin’s MRI but certainly not before last Wednesday. That was a crucial day inside the club’s executive offices at Two Penn Plaza because March 28 represented the deadline for season- ticket holders to purchase all four rounds of the playoffs.
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...ckets/10463794
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-30-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm looking for a specific lie though about a procedure. Which is what happened here.

I'm sure the Pacers did with Bender... although they didn't make a big production out of cleaning up the lie (or misinformation if you prefer). They just planted a story that mentioned the more serious diagnosis/procedure (whichever it was) with a drop in comment as if it was common knowledge (even though it was totally several layers deeper than what they'd said previously).

In a pseudo reverse situation didn't the team want Artest to tough out his hand injury and he took it upon himself to have surgery without the team's knowledge or blessings?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Hmm. I was fairly certain that we found out different info about Dunleavy's surgery after the fact than what was presented... it was presented as "just needs some rest," then we heard a rumor that it was potentially career-threatening, that whole thing was denied, then after he returned we discovered that it was, in fact, career-threatening.

Also, there was this:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ad-hip-surgery
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Thanks for posting that thread Anthem, you can replace Dunleavy's name with Danny's name on that thread and people have the same opinions

"Yeah Lebron had also surgery they should trade him too"