Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

  1. #1
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...y-indefinitely

    This raises a lot of questions.

    It also doesn't make me feel comfortable about Danny's procedure. Has there been any precedence for this before in the NBA? A player coming out and saying the team has not been completely honest about a procedure?
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-29-2012 at 12:30 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...y-indefinitely

    This raises a lot of questions.

    It also doesn't make me feel comfortable about Danny's procedure. Has there been any precedence for this before in the NBA? A play coming out and saying the team has not been completely honest about a procedure?
    Ya Al Jefferson has it in his knee

    Tim Duncan has had it in his shoulder for 10 years


    My understanding is that if you catch it early and the therapy works he will be fine for his playing career. However if the therapy doesn't work he will have surgery and it will virtually end his playing career.

    This is the same injury that end Johnathan Bender's career

  3. #3
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...y-indefinitely

    This raises a lot of questions.

    It also doesn't make me feel comfortable about Danny's procedure. Has there been any precedence for this before in the NBA? A play coming out and saying the team has not been completely honest about a procedure?
    I can't think of any off of the top of my head in the NBA, but Peyton Manning comes to mind.

  4. #4
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    NFL teams make a habit out of lying about injuries.

  5. #5
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NFL teams make a habit out of lying about injuries.
    Yeah, but I said in the NBA. It's kind of accepted in the NFL, which is weird.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya Al Jefferson has it in his knee

    Tim Duncan has had it in his shoulder for 10 years


    My understanding is that if you catch it early and the therapy works he will be fine for his playing career. However if the therapy doesn't work he will have surgery and it will virtually end his playing career.

    This is the same injury that end Johnathan Bender's career
    This wasn't my question LOL

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This wasn't my question LOL
    I misread sorry. Im not sure nothing comes to mind but im sure it happens. Tanking teams do it every year . (where a sore back turns into a 3 month injury so the team can tank)

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I misread sorry. Im not sure nothing comes to mind but im sure it happens. Tanking teams do it every year . (where a sore back turns into a 3 month injury so the team can tank)
    Sure, team have often done, that, overstated injuries and kept guys out longer. Heck I concsider Tinsley's sinus issues a case of that, but I can't think of a team in the NBA ever underselling a guy's injury and then having it come out publicly like this, how would you feel if you were a Warrior fan right now? Especially a season ticket holder.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Impossible, teams never lie ..........

  10. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impossible, teams never lie ..........
    I never said that, my question to you is, why would you continue to support a team that lied to you?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, team have often done, that, overstated injuries and kept guys out longer. Heck I consider Tinsley's sinus issues a case of that, but I can't think of a team in the NBA ever underselling a guy's injury and then having it come out publicly like this, how would you feel if you were a Warrior fan right now? Especially a season ticket holder.
    The Warriors sell out almost every game so I agree I don't know why they would lie. I could understand if the Pacers did that with Granger because he draws fans that we need to sell more tickets. But Vnz is right team never lie lol. Im sure it happens more often than not. I believe the Knicks this year kept saying Amare would be a go for the opener even though they knew he wasn't near ready. I didn't read up on that story fully so maybe I missed some parts of that story.

    Didn't the Colts do this in a way with Manning they said they would sign him back even though they knew they wouldn't(didnt they make the decision a few days after the renewal date for S&T were due??)

    Thats sports I guess gotta sell tickets

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said that, my question to you is, why would you continue to support a team that lied to you?
    Why would Golden State fans keep supporting the team after this lie? should they just close the doors? of course no.

  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Again, specific question is, has a team ever lied about a player's procedure in the NBA only to have the player come out and say what it really was? I'm not looking for speculation, I'm looking for another event, all I'm trying to figure out is if this is a first. If you were a Warriors season ticket holder right now, I would be upset. If I found out the Pacers had lied about Danny's procedure, I would want my money back, especially if Danny was the one who broke the story.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Warriors sell out almost every game so I agree I don't know why they would lie. I could understand if the Pacers did that with Granger because he draws fans that we need to sell more tickets. But Vnz is right team never lie lol. Im sure it happens more often than not. I believe the Knicks this year kept saying Amare would be a go for the opener even though they knew he wasn't near ready. I didn't read up on that story fully so maybe I missed some parts of that story.

    Didn't the Colts do this in a way with Manning they said they would sign him back even though they knew they wouldn't(didnt they make the decision a few days after the renewal date for S&T were due??)

    Thats sports I guess gotta sell tickets
    Wells kind of say that the highlighted part is what the Pacers are kind of doing, I guess we will know if he is right in few months.

  15. #15
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Golden State fans keep supporting the team after this lie? should they just close the doors? of course no.
    I mean people have supported WWE for years, but they also probably don't get all upset when their favorite wrestle doesn't win a championship.

    Of course lies can be profitable, but I don't support the WWE. If we found out in February that Danny actually had microfracture surgery on his knee, I would be pissed.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean people have supported WWE for years, but they also probably don't get all upset when their favorite wrestle doesn't win a championship.

    Of course lies can be profitable, but I don't support the WWE. If we found out in February that Danny actually had microfracture surgery on his knee, I would be pissed.
    You would be pissed and you are still(together with me) going to support the team, teams lie all the time, that's what they do.

  17. #17
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    If TJ is asking for examples of when NBA teams lied about injuries, and you say that it happens all the time, then you should be able to actually answer his question and give examples.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  19. #18
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we found out in February that Danny actually had microfracture surgery on his knee, I would be pissed.
    If Danny DID have microfracture surgery, he must have rehabbed his rear to be off crutches and traveling with the team after about three weeks or so.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. #19
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny DID have microfracture surgery, he must have rehabbed his rear to be off crutches and traveling with the team after about three weeks or so.
    He's lying about being off his crutches. They are invisible.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  22. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If TJ is asking for examples of when NBA teams lied about injuries, and you say that it happens all the time, then you should be able to actually answer his question and give examples.
    Better fun to just speculate wildly.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's lying about being off his crutches. They are invisible.

    I want to be clear that I'm not saying that Danny or the Pacers have lied, just stating that I would be upset if it was the case as it is with the Warriors.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Tyler's vertigo? Dunleavy's calcified tendon?

    I guess I don't really understand the "has this ever happened" thought. What about this is different from what happened with Dunleavy?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  27. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler's vertigo? Dunleavy's calcified tendon?

    I guess I don't really understand the "has this ever happened" thought. What about this is different from what happened with Dunleavy?
    Dunleavy received a specific procedure that was much serious that what was originally represented? News to me. I always thought Dunleavy was poorly diagnosed.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler's vertigo? Dunleavy's calcified tendon?

    I guess I don't really understand the "has this ever happened" thought. What about this is different from what happened with Dunleavy?

    Dunleavy is a good example, JO is another one(he even got mad at the Pacers), Bender?

    Examples from other teams: NO with Tyson Chandler, he got traded to OKC and was send back to NO because his toe was worse than what NO was letting people know.

    Philly with Bynum? nobody really knows what is going on there.

    Ray Allen with Boston? Boston said he was hurt and Ray was saying that he was fine to play more minutes and then he got mad at them and went to Miami.

    EJ with New Orleans? Monty Williams got mad at EJ because he thought he was ready to play so somebody is not telling the true there.

    Like I said before, teams lie all the time.

  30. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bogut basically admits that Warriors have been lying

    None of those examples show a franchise saying player A received operation X (way less serious procedure), when player A really received operation Y (much more serious procedure), and then had player A break this news separately from the team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 01:20 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
  3. Add Andrew Bogut to the list of available bigs...
    By A.B.Hollywood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 11:33 PM
  4. Andrew Bogut's Squad 6
    By focused444 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM
  5. Andrew Bogut next #1 draft pick?
    By skyfire in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •