Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Lakers postgame

Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I told Peck to stop sweating Ian's progress and early season woes. He's been starting to click and find some confidence in his role on the team. Once he gets his dribble protection up on his drives he'll be great.Green looks good to me, just in a shooting slump. He cleared into nice mid range open space with ease off dribbles and just missed the shots.

Young made a couple of aggression errors on defense, and he's getting shy on offense due to misses, but otherwise he was very helpful on defense all night and badly needed due to fouls.

Roy was....a non factor. Half his points at least we created by Paul and David.

West's defensive effort was outstanding all night, and the dude just missed going trip dub and not a cheap one either. B A M F all night, dude loves contact before the shot.

Hill hasn't had the 3 going, but he was able to drive to the lane with ease, something Lance has been struggling to do.

Paul had a tough task and continues to be in and out of rhythm, but not that bad.

Lance needs to keep the 3pt shot because he's becoming less helpful on offense.

Tyler was painful to watch most of the night. Yes, a couple of hustle down rebounds but totally intimidated at the rim due to hops/height.

Did DJ play? Sheesh, I can't get over what a non-factor he continues to be.
    Man I hope so because he was making us look really bad with all of our pre-season hype of him. But tonights game was a very happy surprise for us.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Everybody see's something different here. All I can see is the 6'9" Danny Granger standing in the second row obstructing the view of several Lakers fans.
    I like his golf clap.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I'm feeling a lot better about this season - we're about 500 without our best player and a lot of new pieces trying to adjust!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Simply one of the ugliest games of basketball I have ever seen, and from both teams. Glad we got the win, and props to the guys for fighting and gutting it out. Obviously, mad love to Hill. If they continue to bring the effort, this season will come together yet.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    West was 2 assists away from a triple double. Kobe got one. He had 40 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 turnovers.
    And 900 FGAs I think.

I hate the whole "goes for 40" when it should be followed by Attempts and FG% because Kobe was looking up at 40% FG all night and might need to skip a turn in the rotation to rest his arm after so much shooting. I thought he sucked half the time due to how he kept forcing action that just wasn't there. Kobe can be great, but other than Iverson he's got to be one of the most selfish players ever on offense. There were times I was practically wanting him to pass to Gasol or someone just so I could stop feeling bad for them having to stand and watch whatever the F he was doing out there.

At 28 FGAs he took 37% of the team's shots, and a lot of the other shots were rebounds, transitions, etc. And his 11-13 came from getting fouled on another 4-5 possessions out of maybe 10 total "going to the line" possessions they had that weren't intentional Howard fouls. If a guy dominates 80% of a team's possessions then he probably should be scoring more than half their points.

Paul did more to get someone else an easy shot with his one drive and dump to Roy than Kobe did all night, unless you call setting a guy up for a rebound chance some type of assist.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-28-2012 at 01:47 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

They keep replaying Hill's game winner on Lakers postgame. This is fun.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

In addition to the absolutely dreadful shooting, the refs played a big part in making this game unwatchable. They blew the whistle on everything. Roy was in poor position on his last two fouls, but those were really ticky tack. Not saying that it was one sided either. The Crawford Skip was obviously a charge, and the free throw disparity is expected with Kobe and Howard. They just slowed the game down and added to the lack of rhythm and flow. I feel bad for anyone other than Laker fans who had to watch this game.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I wouldn't say he was a non-factor. In 18 minutes he had 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. He was effective on defense. We still didn't force the ball into him, which is a good thing right now.

DJ played 12 useless minutes, and took 5 shots. He played a part in the Pacers going cold in the second quarter.
    True on Roy, he has continued to defend well and contests rebounds nicely. I meant on offense really, meaning his points were hollow because others made them happen.

One thing about Roy this year is the refs are letting him get some blocks that are pretty physical. He had one tonight that to me would be a body contact foul, but this year it's "play on". Whatever, works for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

unless you call setting a guy up for a rebound chance some type of assist.
    DJ Augustine has to earn a living somehow.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Best moment of the game.

There are 2 Pacer fans in the background.....are they PD members?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post

just noticed KDot behind Pringles at the end lol. No worries dude, you still got AOTY :P
    Who is KDot?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Man I hope so because he was making us look really bad with all of our pre-season hype of him. But tonights game was a very happy surprise for us.
    I mean it on both Ian and Green. Green is in a shooting slump, but the shake into dribble to come very free for a mid-range jumper is a quality shot. He's just missing it right now. And once he gets that going again he'll be free to come to the rim for some more dunks.

Young also is now aware of his shooting and at one point he clearly passed up a shot and moved the ball away, while another time he gave up the 3 and made the smart choice to come inside for a 2.

To me all 3 guys have shown high qualities but seem to be impacted due to role awareness, confidence and comfort. But they all look better now than the did. It's just taking longer than we thought it would after the solid pre-season looks.

The only thing I'm worried about is Roy's offense because that's the one thing that just hasn't had a single moment of looking really back on track. I would be worried about DJ, but I'm punting on him now. I'm shocked at his level of play, it just doesn't make sense but the low quality is undeniable.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah Howard is not looking good, he doesn't fit well on that team either Orlando had it right.
    Orlando structured their whole team around him and did a great job at that.

Did they paired him with a superstar? Not really. But was it necessary? Again, not really.

Dwight needs floor spacers. That's what Orlando did.

Still, Dwight wanted to leave Orlando. It just goes to show that no matter how good of a team you build around a superstar, you are not sure that you are going to keep him in the end.

Everybody see's something different here. All I can see is the 6'9" Danny Granger standing in the second row obstructing the view of several Lakers fans.
    This gif has so much going on. The Crawford cripwalk, Kobe's reaction, the goofy guy's charge dance, Granger blocking everyone's view, the kid in the yellow jacket's reaction, and Pendergraph's golf clap. I love it.

True on Roy, he has continued to defend well and contests rebounds nicely. I meant on offense really, meaning his points were hollow because others made them happen.

One thing about Roy this year is the refs are letting him get some blocks that are pretty physical. He had one tonight that to me would be a body contact foul, but this year it's "play on". Whatever, works for me.
    Lakers postgame show called him the league's best shotblocker.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

man 70% FG% for Dwight but he only got 10 shots to Kobe's 28....on Kobe's tombstone it will simply read "he finally passed"

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    100% disagree. I'm glad we won, but if I was given just one chance to go back in time, just one, I would use it to go back three hours and tell my past self to go to sleep - and I'd never regret that decision. Definitely one of the worst games I've ever felt the need to endure. It was a marathon of sloppy play and ****** calls. David West almost exploded. Like literally, the guy almost burst apart in an elusive televised display of spontaneous, rapid human combustion. Frank Vogel will undoubtedly wake up bald tomorrow. Every Pacer fan lost at least a year of his or her life, which, if this game is any indication of what's to come, might be a welcome respite from the torture that is this team. See you guys Friday.
    I cannot disagree with you here.......I have a headache watching this game. I loved that we won....but it was terrible game to watch.

It's nearly an hour after the game and I'm still jacked on adrenaline. How the **** am I supposed to go to work in 4 hours?EDIT:GH3 number one on sports center... Lovin it
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 11-28-2012 at 01:56 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    It's nearly an hour after the game and I'm still jacked on adrenaline. How the **** am I supposed to go to work in 4 hours?
    I'm right there with you man, got to be up in about 3 1/2 and be at work in 4...tomorrow is gonna suck but tonight makes it worth it.

Hill floater was ESPN #1 in their Top Plays

31. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    man 70% FG% for Dwight but he only got 10 shots to Kobe's 28....on Kobe's tombstone it will simply read "he finally passed"
    Haha "he finally passed" that's a good one!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Lakers postgame show called him the league's best shotblocker.
    cause he leads the league in blocks per
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

35. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I noticed that too. I thought.........are there really Pacer fans in LA? lol

37. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Aussie Justin beck is one of them. From last seasons "honorary" area55ers
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Sports Logo

I told Peck to stop sweating Ian's progress and early season woes. He's been starting to click and find some confidence in his role on the team. Once he gets his dribble protection up on his drives he'll be great.

Green looks good to me, just in a shooting slump. He cleared into nice mid range open space with ease off dribbles and just missed the shots.

Young made a couple of aggression errors on defense, and he's getting shy on offense due to misses, but otherwise he was very helpful on defense all night and badly needed due to fouls.

Roy was....a non factor. Half his points at least we created by Paul and David.

West's defensive effort was outstanding all night, and the dude just missed going trip dub and not a cheap one either. B A M F all night, dude loves contact before the shot.

Hill hasn't had the 3 going, but he was able to drive to the lane with ease, something Lance has been struggling to do.

Paul had a tough task and continues to be in and out of rhythm, but not that bad.

Lance needs to keep the 3pt shot because he's becoming less helpful on offense.

Tyler was painful to watch most of the night. Yes, a couple of hustle down rebounds but totally intimidated at the rim due to hops/height.

Did DJ play? Sheesh, I can't get over what a non-factor he continues to be.
    Our Defense is stellar....our Starting 4 scoring is great.....the only thing that sucks right now is the 2nd unit scoring. I think that it's just a matter of time before the 2nd unit scoring and team chemistry figures it out. Once they do...that's when we will start playing more consistently.

Right now....the weakest aspect of this Team is the 2nd unit...but I don't believe that the 2nd unit scoring woes will last for an entire season. Get Granger back by February.....push Lance to the 2nd unit and I think that we will see the Team we had last year....the difference being a much improved defense and a 2nd unit that isn't totally incompetent.