Thread: Powerball jackpot $500 Million for Wednesday's drawing: What is the most absurd thing you'd do if you won?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Powerball jackpot $500 Million for Wednesday's drawing: What is the most absurd thing you'd do if you won?

Me personally, I would do four things:

1. Go crazy and get every pair or Jordans ever made

2. I would buy season tickets for Notre Dame, Redskins, and the Pacers and work my way on getting ownership in the teams somehow.

3. I would buy any and every Harley Davidson I saw (I dont ride, never have, but I fell in love with these bikes at a young age. Still have all my replicas that I put together and painted)

4. I would get a house similar to the one the founder of Papa Johns has in Kentucky:

http://homesoftherich.net/2008/12/

(Though I do not need the garage)

Default Re: Powerball jackpot $500 Million for Wednesday's drawing: What is the most absurd thing you'd do if you won?

Would you buy all of Notre Dame, or just the football team?

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Powerball jackpot $500 Million for Wednesday's drawing: What is the most absurd thing you'd do if you won?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you buy all of Notre Dame, or just the football team?

I probably shouldn't say this out loud, but since my dream has been to attend Notre Dame my whole life I would probably just make a "donation" so I could get into the school of business graduate program.

Now lasting past the first hour......thats a whole nother story

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

buy lots and lots of beer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be 100% serious:

I would buy a small house and vineyard in the Greek isles where I would live all year with the exception of basketball season. I would pay some guy to teach me Greek. During basketball season I would follow the Pacers and sit courtside every game. Invest the rest.

Mood

Drive around in an RV and troll sports message boards.

This is actually half true. Driving around in an RV doesn't sound bad at all.
    Last edited by travmil; 11-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Honestly the first thing I would do would be to pay off my house in Anderson and donate it to a company that helps people with disabilities have independent living. That may not be the craziest or wildest but it would be my first. After that I would buy my mom a 1968 camaro that is done up like her's was when she got it new back then. I would also get a 1985 Cutlass with t-tops and have it restored to look like my dad's did and give it to my step-mom because I know that it would mean a lot to her. The last thing I would do would be to have my step-dad's harley restored to perfect condition. The most exotic thing I would do is take a European vacation starting in Amsterdam and hitting up Germany, France, Ireland and England.

Come on guys. No logic.

Be wild. Let your inner wild hooker I will wrestle that hot girl next door naked and chug 6 4-lokos come out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Have a custom modern home made for my wife and me.

By a Tesla Model S. *drool*

Would not go crazy at all. I'd certainly become a philanthropist.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Tons of electronics.

My own movie theater.

Season tickets to Pacers/Colts/Reds/IU

Lots of beer and alcohol, my own bar will be in the mansion.

Lots of nice clothes and shoes.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Buy or build my own theater (similar to the Carmel Palladium) and have concerts all the time.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buy or build my own theater (similar to the Carmel Palladium) and have concerts all the time.
    I'd buy some popular band and make them my house band, just for ***** and giggles. And then I'd yell "FREEBIRD" anytime i wanted and they would have to play.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I'd set aside 10mil for myself and family and give the rest to the government to pay down the national debt....with the understanding that my family and I would never again have to pay income taxes. Right after they release me from this hospital room with the padded walls.

Seriously, I'd like to own a recording studio in Nashville Indiana. I have people in mind to run it I just need the $$

I'd also like to get Jurgen from the Heidleburg Haus on Pendleton Pike to help me create a really good dining facility on the eastside. THere just isn't anywhere that doesn't either serve Mexican food or has a buffet line.

Thirdly, $5 Mil to each of St. Michael's in Greenfield, Cathedral Hs, Franklin Central, and North Central for their arts programs. $10Mil to St Michaels for their building funds.....not to be used for anything sports related.

Finally and this is a biggie for me......... I'd like to endow a chair at IU Law for Conservative Studies.
    Last edited by indygeezer; 11-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Nerd.
    Mood

$550 million total is $350 million or so cash value...

$20 million - deposited in a bank
    $20 million - donated to charity
    $20 million - donated to my alma mater, Franklin College, specifically to the Biology/Chemistry departments
    $20 million - donated to my current place of employment to be used for analytical instrument/technology acquisition and building fund

Pay off my parent's mortgage, my brother's mortgage, my sister's mortgage, and my mortgage.
    Purchase (in cash) a few classic muscle cars (65 GTO, 69 Charger, 70 Challenger, etc.)
    Purchase a second sizeable, but not overwhelming, house.

And then there would be around $265 million left...

It's insane how much you could really acquire and set yourself up for life...if you're smart about it.

Mood

sigh...........
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Buy 350 million more lotto tickets mwahahaha

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I would build the ultimate house. Arcade/gaming room, movie theater, bar, & basketball court. I would never have to go outside again, lol.

I'd open a strip club that operates in reverse order. You come in poor and over-stimulated(and drunk maybe), and then the strippers give you money as they put their clothes back on. You leave sober with disposable income.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would buy the Miami Heat. Seriously.

I'd trade Lebron to the Euroleague, send Bosh to the Raptors where he belongs and send Wade to Phoenix or some place. Then I'd move the team to Havana if Castro would let me. If not, then San Juan. Anything to **** off those damn Heat "fans".
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Did I mention that I had the Powerball + 2 Weds ??? Woo Wooo I won $7 !!!!