Thread: Triple double question?

Default Triple double question?

Who is the Pacers alltime leader in triple doubles?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Triple double question?

I bet it's Mark Jackson

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Jamal Tinsley.

It's Jackson, he has 18 in his career, he is 11th all time.

broadcast said Detlef I think

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Jackson, he has 18 in his career, he is 11th all time.
    not all as a Pacer though

Detlef with 6, Vern and Jax with 5 each as Pacers.

I guessed Rajah, I kind of think they didn't have all the ABA stats

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

This is why I'm always so frustrated that Detlef gets forgotten. 2 time 6th man winner and 6 trip-dubs as a Pacer, and when he was traded he was the current Pacers all-star. It was his first and at the time Reggie had only been once a few years prior in his great 25 ppg season. By the time Det was traded he was the most "all-star" guy they had and Reggie had yet to put up those fantastic playoff games.

And yet people remember Person, Smits, Dale, Tony, Jax, McKey and maybe even Vern and Kellogg more than they remember Detlef. Bizarre. He's like a reverse Hansbrough.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

They remember those players, except Person, because they were the ones who were the major players on the team when the team was winning. They remember Person for his nickname, well maybe that is the only reason I can think of. I wasn't even born when he was drafted so I have no real idea why.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 11-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.

See this is what is frustrating. A fan like you WOULD remember him had you been old enough. And what I'm saying is that there were so few good fans back then that no one noticed the team, primarily because even though Bob Hill had a loaded roster he couldn't get them over .500

People give Brown credit, and he does deserve credit for being better than Hill. But the whole McKey for Det gave them what they need angle is way overblown. It made as much sense as trading Jax for Rose. After all Jax was the offensive player and Rose could play defense but wasn't the overall offensive facilitator that Jax was.

The Det trade was identical to the Jax trade - Larry Brown just wanting to make another fickle move. Brown did help the team more than Hill did, but getting Tony from Europe for free, signing Bryon Scott and taking over a team that already had Workman, Reggie, Dale and Rik didn't exactly hurt. Larry or any other decent coach could win 45-50 games with Detlef on that roster instead of McKey.

But because he got traded just before the winning brought in the casual fans, no one remembers him except me and ChicagoJ. I think J and I are the most die-hard 90-93 era fans around here. I wish we could get more games from that era. I'd love to see one of the Detlef trip-dubs again.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

I wasn't a great fan at the time but I was a Detlef fan. Liked him at Dallas and in college. Thought he was the most under used, and most wasted player in Dallas. He came here and became what most of his early fans thought he could be, although he never got to play point guard, as I recall.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    See this is what is frustrating. A fan like you WOULD remember him had you been old enough. And what I'm saying is that there were so few good fans back then that no one noticed the team, primarily because even though Bob Hill had a loaded roster he couldn't get them over .500

People give Brown credit, and he does deserve credit for being better than Hill. But the whole McKey for Det gave them what they need angle is way overblown. It made as much sense as trading Jax for Rose. After all Jax was the offensive player and Rose could play defense but wasn't the overall offensive facilitator that Jax was.

The Det trade was identical to the Jax trade - Larry Brown just wanting to make another fickle move. Brown did help the team more than Hill did, but getting Tony from Europe for free, signing Bryon Scott and taking over a team that already had Workman, Reggie, Dale and Rik didn't exactly hurt. Larry or any other decent coach could win 45-50 games with Detlef on that roster instead of McKey.

But because he got traded just before the winning brought in the casual fans, no one remembers him except me and ChicagoJ. I think J and I are the most die-hard 90-93 era fans around here. I wish we could get more games from that era. I'd love to see one of the Detlef trip-dubs again.
    You guys aren't the only ones. I bought a Supersonics jersey because of Detlef and a year later they went to the finals.

Mood

Only two Triple Doubles involving blocked shots in franchise history. O'Neal and Hibbert.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I wasn't a great fan at the time but I was a Detlef fan. Liked him at Dallas and in college. Thought he was the most under used, and most wasted player in Dallas. He came here and became what most of his early fans thought he could be, although he never got to play point guard, as I recall.
    That was me too. The Mavs and Lakers were my "West" teams, and I really loved the Mavs when they were coming up with Det and Tarp. So Det was by far my favorite non-Pacer at the time, a guy I'd go out of my way to watch in non-Pacers games. So when they announced the trade to bring him here I was shocked and blown away by the good fortune.

And Det was not a typical Euro, he was a pretty tough guy despite being primarily an offensive player. He had the epic fight with Ewing in the playoffs that led to both being ejected and a Pacers win.

I forgot that JO had a blocks trip dub.

I gotta say it was pretty cool to be at a game where 2 different great stat moments were going on. It was clear that Roy was going to have a shot at 10 blocks and that Paul was pushing near the 3PM mark for both the Pacers and the NBA. One of those nights were you start hitting the Google on your phone trying to find the benchmark levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    no one remembers him except me and ChicagoJ.
    Detlef was/is my favorite Pacers player of all time. I was heartbroken over that trade.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

I never forgot about "Det the threat"....... I enjoyed his game
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Detlef was/is my favorite Pacers player of all time. I was heartbroken over that trade.
    Does anyone remember when he was in college, and his team was playing at Duke? He had missed a free throw badly, and the Cameron Crazies started chanting "air-ball" in German! Clever!

Artest almost had a quadriple double back on Easter day (I forget what year) at Conseco against the Heat. steals, assists, points and rebounds. although I have a vague memory he might have had 5 or 6 turnovers also.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Artest almost had a quadriple double back on Easter day (I forget what year) at Conseco against the Heat. steals, assists, points and rebounds. although I have a vague memory he might have had 5 or 6 turnovers also.
    I think I vaguely remember that game. That is something I could easily see Paul George doing sometime in the future, and if Hibbert ever learns how to pass out of a double team he could too with blocks instead of steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...203310IND.html

24 pts, 9 boards, 9 assists, 8 steals.

Only 2 turnovers.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I was so mad at that trade, it almost ended my time as a Pacer fan. The company I worked for was a sponser and I could go to most games for free. I gave up the Pacers for almost a year and wouldn't go to any games. I finally came around but I never liked McKey as much as Det.