Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When Gnome Roams Naptown Will Follow (2012)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: When Gnome Roams Naptown Will Follow (2012)

Wait, you didn't include the Detroit game in your road trip record.

195 Over-Under seems like a sure thing for the under. Pacers defense and offense seems like a sure 90-85 type outcome...and given their knack for close games I'd say the Pacers +7 in a low scoring, tight game seems realistic.

Gnome
    Could I give you $20 to parlay those 2 bets - Under and Pacers +7?
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to ask the same thing! I'd like to know what the Pacers W-L record is with you 2 at the same game on the road. I was already more than a little worried about the Blue & Gold going 0-3 on this trip. Now I'm almost expecting it.

We have attended 2 games together - Dallas and Houston. This was part of the "3 worst games in Vogel's career" week that was OKC, DAL, HOU. So not good.

My road victory was a solo trip last year, and it went OT.

But we've never sprinkled in the El Pacero factor, so don't lose hope yet.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Detroit game was versus the Cavaliers during LeBron's reign. I think I've seen more road games not involving the Pacers, but now it's pretty much just seeing our squad on the road.

Anyway, We just crossed into California but before we left we stopped by the Planet Hollywood sports book and put some action on the game
    • Lakers were +8 (meaning Pacers can't lose by more than 7 to double my money. If they lose by 8 I'll get my money back on a push). I put $50 on the Pacers
    • The over/under was 196 (meaning you bet a side whether the total points will be over or under 196) I put $20 on the under.
    • Parlay bet: (meaning it's a grouped bet. You have to win all parts of the bet to win. It pays better since there is more risk) Seth and myself parlayed $20 on the above single bets.

On a side note, I got my hair cut and beard tightened up. Can't be looking like Rupert in Hollywood! As far as eats (a subject that Peck will appreciate) we hit this fast food place called "Raising Canes" Chicken Fingers on our way out of LV. Damn, they were really good fingers for fast food. The Texas toast was good too.

Well, See y'all at Staples Center.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Thanks and good luck tonight. Good thing you got the bets in before the "Kobe might not play" info came out.

Come on at least a 90-85 Pacers loss, or better yet a 90-85 Pacers win. Let's have Roy get a 10-17 game going tonight and kick the slide a little.

BTW, I lost a 4 bet parlay (with friend) on the under when the stupid Kings/Pacers went to OT. Had they won in regulation I would have hit for a nice chunk of cash. Freaking OT, argh.

I knew that you'd seen DET vs CLE and just spaced it. Old man memory in full effect.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Also at the LA game Area 55 member Justin beck and his aussie crew joined by Shelly AkA Indysportsgirl. At the gs game she will be joined by everyones favorite Masked man El Pacero.
    Wait a sec.....am I reading that El Pacero will be in Oakland at the Warriors game on Saturday?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wait a sec.....am I reading that El Pacero will be in Oakland at the Warriors game on Saturday?
    I'm seriously considering going out to the Indianapolis airport just to watch the sure to ensue hilarity at the TSA checkpoint.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love these road trips you guys take. For whatever reason I take great enjoyment out of being completely jealous of you two. Have fun on your trip guys, sounds like a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    The Detroit game was versus the Cavaliers during LeBron's reign. I think I've seen more road games not involving the Pacers, but now it's pretty much just seeing our squad on the road.

Anyway, We just crossed into California but before we left we stopped by the Planet Hollywood sports book and put some action on the game
    • Lakers were +8 (meaning Pacers can't lose by more than 7 to double my money. If they lose by 8 I'll get my money back on a push). I put $50 on the Pacers
    • The over/under was 196 (meaning you bet a side whether the total points will be over or under 196) I put $20 on the under.
    • Parlay bet: (meaning it's a grouped bet. You have to win all parts of the bet to win. It pays better since there is more risk) Seth and myself parlayed $20 on the above single bets.

On a side note, I got my hair cut and beard tightened up. Can't be looking like Rupert in Hollywood! As far as eats (a subject that Peck will appreciate) we hit this fast food place called "Raising Canes" Chicken Fingers on our way out of LV. Damn, they were really good fingers for fast food. The Texas toast was good too.

Well, See y'all at Staples Center.
    There's a Raising Cane's here in Columbus. Cane's sauce is my current addiction. It goes great on everything.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Well, we met @indysportsgirl & Justin Beck and the aussie crew outside of Staples Center. SEASON TICKET HOLDERS UNITE!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Gnome just got PAID!

Did I understand you right that you did the 50 single, a 20 single and also the 20 parlay? Risk 90 and maybe turned that into 210 total I'm estimating. Can't recall if the 2 bet parlay pays 50 or 60 on 20. Whatever, FREE WINE MONEY FOR FRIDAY.
    With that in mind it's entirely possible we might miss the Sacto game.

Beck and the aussie crew got a late 4th quarter mention, and of course we could see them all game due to the seat location. No sign of the Gnome but maybe the seats weren't as close as they will be the next 2 nights.

edit: I believe we see those dirtbags sitting behind QB and Chris right now on the post game. w00t Someone needs to twitter taunt them.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Ah, I love sticking it to the Lakers at Staples.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Gnome just got PAID!

Did I understand you right that you did the 50 single, a 20 single and also the 20 parlay? Risk 90 and maybe turned that into 210 total I'm estimating. Can't recall if the 2 bet parlay pays 50 or 60 on 20. Whatever, FREE WINE MONEY FOR FRIDAY.
    With that in mind it's entirely possible we might miss the Sacto game.

Beck and the aussie crew got a late 4th quarter mention, and of course we could see them all game due to the seat location. No sign of the Gnome but maybe the seats weren't as close as they will be the next 2 nights.

edit: I believe we see those dirtbags sitting behind QB and Chris right now on the post game. w00t Someone needs to twitter taunt them.
    Don't spend the $$$ until you see the ticket...but I think that with a 2 Team Parlay....it has 3.5 to 1 odds.....so for $20...you should get back $70.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Yeah, I know parlays are pretty poor risk/reward payout and I don't do them enough to know the rates. But 2 50/50 bets give a 1/4 risk so even the 3.5 payout favors the house, unless you happen to know that the Pacers are incapable of playing high scoring games or games that don't go to the last second in which case it was like going to the ATM.

And Gnome gets a road win under his belt.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Really...is El Pacero going to be at the Warriors game on Saturday?

Yea Gnome gets a road win & an exciting one at that.

Now hopefully he was sober enough to enjoy it or better yet had not been tossed for the NBA rules of fan conduct thingie.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Regarding the OP on Oracle Arena, I have to disagree. I got 2 tickets off stubhub for $60 maybe 30 rows up last season. Walked down closer no problem. The place was a dump and fans were mediocre. This was GS vs DEN on ESPN mind you. I did enjoy their train from San Fran.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Regarding the OP on Oracle Arena, I have to disagree. I got 2 tickets off stubhub for $60 maybe 30 rows up last season. Walked down closer no problem. The place was a dump and fans were mediocre. This was GS vs DEN on ESPN mind you. I did enjoy their train from San Fran.

They should build an arena in downtown SF. Of course, they might not have much luck as the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara because negotiations with the city of SF fell through.

SF is the best though. Of all of the US cities I've been to, NYC is the only one I like more than SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    They should build an arena in downtown SF. Of course, they might not have much luck as the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara because negotiations with the city of SF fell through.
    They are.

http://sfist.com/2012/05/22/golden_s...icially_mo.php
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

From there will be hotfooting it back over to SF so Gnome can attempt a whirlwind tour of the City before going back over the Bay to Oaktown's Oracle, one of the crown jewels of the NBA in terms of classic environments. Right now I'd say OKC, MSG, Boston and Oakland are the places to see games outside of the Fieldhouse, so I'm pretty pumped. It's not like the arena is fresh and new, but I anticipate a lively, involved crowd. Once again we will have great seats, should be row 4 on the sidelines but with everyone in blue and gold it might be tough to tell.
    I'm curious, what do you like about Boston? The arena itself looks incredibly average on TV. The place is certainly loud when the Celtics are good though. Plus you have the banners, parquet, retired numbers, and all of the Celtic mystique.

I've seen games in just two cities outside of Indy: The old Houston Summitt for a Pacers-Rockets game when I was a kid in 1996 (Rockets were defending champs at the time) and MSG for a Knicks-Grizzlies game back in 2004. The Will Smith movie "Hitch" filmed a scene at this game, which was pretty cool. MSG is a great place to see a game. I think the views from the upper level seats are much better than those at BLF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

That is pretty sweet looking. I'm still surprised they let the Niners leave the city of SF.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes sir he is. He actually should be in the friendly skys as we speak. If I am not mistaken. I will have to shoot him a text in a while to see. They Made him Sit in the flight attendants quarters since a mask is not permitted on the plane.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, you guys are gonna be in Sacramento? Well I will see you guys there!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Yes sir he is. He actually should be in the friendly skys as we speak. If I am not mistaken. I will have to shoot him a text in a while to see. They Made him Sit in the flight attendants quarters since a mask is not permitted on the plane.
    Okay....the list of PD members that will be in Oakland is going to be much bigger than normal.

Can we get a roll call of who will be in Oaktown?

I will start:

CableKC
    naptown_seth
    Roaming Gnome
    Mrs. Roaming Gnome's
    kielbeze
    El Pacero

I know that there are more...but I've lost track.

Seriously.....for all those that will be in OakTown to see the Warriors.....we should take a picture to remember this West-Coast gathering for PacersDigest

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm curious, what do you like about Boston? The arena itself looks incredibly average on TV. The place is certainly loud when the Celtics are good though. Plus you have the banners, parquet, retired numbers, and all of the Celtic mystique.

I've seen games in just two cities outside of Indy: The old Houston Summitt for a Pacers-Rockets game when I was a kid in 1996 (Rockets were defending champs at the time) and MSG for a Knicks-Grizzlies game back in 2004. The Will Smith movie "Hitch" filmed a scene at this game, which was pretty cool. MSG is a great place to see a game. I think the views from the upper level seats are much better than those at BLF.
    I meant Boston as a place, not so much the quality of the new arena. Even with the loss of the original Garden, it's still a place full of Celtics fans and Celtics history. I hate the Celtics, their fans and their history, but I respect the idea of them.

Billy is bumming me out. I hope I enjoy the Oracle experience more than that. We have a parking pass but the train idea intrigues me. Gnome is driving so I guess it's his call.

I saw a couple of Pacers games at the Summit. Very weird arena both in location and layout. I never got why they built it there and in that style, basically a grass hill with a black glass square on top (which is a church now). One thing they did do was have a food area that was off in it's own area rather than blocking the concourse walkway.

Arenas I've seen
    The Hive (original Bobcats) - but not a Pacers game.
    Summit (old Rockets)
    Toyota Center (new Rockets)
    San Antonio (current, but did go to Boilers AlamoBowl in the A-dome)
    Dallas (current)
    Target Center (T'Wolves)

I think Dallas has been my favorite, but the Spurs have something near and dear to my heart - YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO ENTER YOUR SEAT DURING THE GAME, ala baseball. They make you wait till a stoppage of play so you don't disrupt everyone. To me that says something about respect for the sport and made me appreciate their fans.

I've been by Key Arena (Sonics), but never was there when a game was going on. Always wanted to see a game there. Loved the location and style.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Billy is bumming me out. I hope I enjoy the Oracle experience more than that. We have a parking pass but the train idea intrigues me. Gnome is driving so I guess it's his call.
    Don't get bummed, I was at a DEN v GS game. You're seeing the Pacers in the Bay Area, minutes from San Fran, doesn't get much better than that.

I like their trains because they all pretty much do the same thing.

I'm hoping I can get away from work and make the Pacers Barclay debut. We went to the last Pacers game in Jersey, so I feel like I should make the first one in Brooklyn.