-VS-

Game Time Start: 7:00 PM EST
    Where: The Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
    Officials: R. Garretson, D. Collins, V. Palmer

Media Notes: Indiana Notes, Golden State Notes
    Television: FOX Sports Indiana / Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
    Radio: WFNI 1070 AM / KNBR 680 AM
    NBA Feeds:

REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way. Thank you

Season Records: (W-L)
    35-21
    Home: 23-5
    West: 12-9
    33-23
    Away: 15-16
    East: 15-5
    Upcoming Games:
    Feb 28
    Mar 01
    Mar 03
    Mar 06
    vs
    at
    vs
    vs
    7:00pm
    8:00pm

Projected Starting Lineup:
    HIBBERT
    WEST
    GEORGE
    STEPHENSON
    HILL
    Projected Starting Lineup:
    BIEDRINS
    LEE
    BARNES
    THOMPSON
    CURRY

PACERS
    Danny Granger - sore left knee (day-to-day)

WARRIORS
    Andrew Bogut - back spasms (out)
    Brandon Rush - torn ACL and MCL, left knee (out)

Perpetually Disappointing Trader Joe Minimally Relevant Video:

Semi-Relevant Video:

Eight Points Nine Seconds:
    Tim Donahue: Pacers Think Danny Granger’s Return Will Be Seamless

While the whole world speculates whether Danny Granger’s return will slow down the
    juggernaut that is the Indiana Pacers, at least one person has no concerns. The team’s
    leader doesn’t think there is any chance that the return of the team’s captain will disrupt
    anything — either chemistry-wise or on the court.

“Danny’s going to help us,” said David West. “He’s been with the team dealing with his
    injury. He’s been around us. It’s not like we’ve forgotten how he plays. He been around.
    He’s been in the locker room. He’s been on the road with us.”

Some fans and media members thought the Pacers should have added a player —
    perhaps a shooter like J.J. Redick — at the trade deadline. But the team believes that
    its biggest “acquisition” will be simply getting Granger back on the floor.

“What Danny Granger brings to the table is everything we could possibly hope to acquire
    at the trade deadline,” said coach Frank Vogel. “Hopefully, he gets back pretty quickly
    and returns to his form. If he does, it’s really going to give us a big boost.”

West agrees. “There’s just nothing we can add that’s going to be better than getting
    Danny Granger back,” said West. “Six-nine, 235-pound, 20-point-a-game scorer. A
    matchup problem for these teams that just aren’t going to be able to deal with our size.
    Our tempo. Our ability to guard one through five. There’s nothing that we can add that’s
    going to be better than what Danny’s going to bring.”

West went on to explain the other factors that Granger will bring to the team. ”He’s
    going to add to what we’re doing on both ends,” said West. “His size. His basketball IQ.
    His ability. He’s going to open the floor up, because you can’t help [off of him]. He’s
    just going to make everybody better. He’s going to make our team better.”

“I Hope It Doesn’t Change Much”

Then again, change always comes with some uncertainty. Granger returns to a team
    with the second-best record in the Eastern Conference. In Detroit tonight, he’ll get his
    first minutes as the Pacers are coming off back-to-back 30-point victories. Somebody,
    somewhere, is saying, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Many of the gains made by this team were made possible by Danny’s absence.

That is not to say that Granger held this team down. Far from it. Rather, Indiana’s
    success has been spurred on by forcing the organization and its players to respond to
    loss of Danny over the course of the last four months.

And there has been no more shining gain than the emergence of Paul George, who
    recently notched his first career triple double and made his first All-Star appearance.
    Many are worried about how Granger’s return will affect him. Even Paul himself
    sounded a little worried, when Pacers.com’s Mark Montieth asked him.

How much will George’s role change? “I hope not much,” he said. “I really hope not
    much. That’s the most I can say, I hope it doesn’t change much.”

But, worry isn’t always generated internally. These players — especially Paul — have
    been asked ad nauseam if they thought Danny’s return might cause problems. The
    constant questioning on the subject — which I have both observed and been a willing
    participant in — led me to have this exchange with David West.

Me: Is it to fair to say that when we — collectively in the media — ask the question,
    “Are you worried about Danny?” that we are inserting the worry?

West (laughing & nodding): ”I think so.”

Beyond that, there are fears about what injecting Granger’s presence into a group
    that has seemingly finally gotten comfortable with each other and with a new persona.

“I think we’ve kind of found an identity that we can play at,” Paul George said Friday
    night. “We can wrap our hands around the style of play we’ve been playing at lately.
    Getting up and down the court, pushing the tempo and trying to find things early.”

The defense has always been there for this team — they are still on pace to be
    statistically the best defensive squad in the franchise’s NBA history — but the offense
    has been, well, ugly. However, it has been turning around (rising 4.8 points per 100
    possessions since December 31), and tempo has been a factor.

Danny’s return will have at least some affect on that, as much of the tempo comes not
    from the point guards in Vogel’s offense, but from the wings — specifically, the
    shooting guards. Lance Stephenson has been described by Coach Vogel as “our best
    push guy,” and all Pacer observers can close their eyes and immediately see
    Stephenson getting the ball and changing ends as quickly as he possibly can.

However, it’s not just...CONTINUE READING AT 8p9s

Warriors World:
    J.M. Poulard: State of the Warriors

The Oklahoma City Thunder are the NBA’s modicum for patient, earned, and seemingly
    sustainable success. Just three years removed from a 3-29 start and in-season coaching
    change, OKC was a Finals participant last season in a closer-than-it-looked five game
    series. The trade of James Harden not withstanding, they boast a young, versatile roster
    with two bonafide superstars, a near All-Star big man that’s only getting better, and solid
    ancillary parts that play their roles to perfection. They’ve got a model lockerroom culture
    and maybe the league’s most passionate fanbase, too.

After going through a six-game losing streak that looked as though it would never end,
    the Golden State Warriors (33-23) finally bounced back and won three games in a row.

The Warriors still have concerns at present time given Andrew Bogut’s issues with a disk
    protrusion in his back, but the string of victories have allowed the Dubs faithful to breath
    a sigh of relief.

Also, it’s worth noting that one of those victories came against a San Antonio Spurs team
    that owns the best record in the NBA at this point in the season, which probably served
    as a huge confidence boost for a team leaving home for about a week or so.

Indeed, the Warriors will start a four-game eastern road trip tonight that will see them
    face some tough opposition in the Indiana Pacers (35-21), New York Knicks (33-20),
    Boston Celtics (30-27) and Philadelphia 76ers (22-32).

The road trip will essentially be the start of the final portion of the schedule for a Golden
    State team poised to make a run at a postseason berth. What does the remainder of the
    NBA season have in store for the Dubs though?

A quick peek:

• Games left: 26
    • Home games left: 16
    • Road games left: 10
    • Games versus opponents with .500 record or better: 11
    • Games versus opponents with sub-.500 record: 15

In addition, let’s look at the games on the calendar that the Golden State Warriors have
    to play against the league’s elite (at least third best record in any conference):

• February 26th: at Indiana Pacers
    • February 27th: at New York Knicks
    • March 11th: New York Knicks
    • March 20th: at San Antonio Spurs
    • April 11th: Oklahoma City Thunder
    • April 15th: San Antonio Spurs (potential Poppovich rests starters)

One last quick tidbit, although the Los Angeles Lakers aren’t an elite team at this
    juncture, they have owned the Warriors in the past two seasons and the Dubs still get
    them two more times before the end of the regular season.

So what does this...CONTINUE READING AT WARRIORS WORLD

140 Characters of (Non-PD) Coverage

Pacers
    Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
    Jared Wade @8pts9secs
    Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s
    Tom Lewis @indycornrows

Warriors
    Tim Kawakami @timkawakami
    Marcus Thompson @gswscribe
    J.M. Poulard @ShyneIV
    Golden State of Mind @unstoppablebaby
    This is the darkest timeline.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2/26/2013 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Warriors

Violet Palmer.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Sonic Truth.

If we win these next two, I won't be able to temper my expectations much longer...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Minor question...but is Biedrins the confirmed Starting Center? I am guessing that it will be Festus Ezili with Biedrins as the towel boy managing the Gatorade stand.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn it, I'm going to struggle to watch this game and the Hoosier game tonight. I'm so excited to see Danny play since I had to miss the pistons game.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn it, I'm going to struggle to watch this game and the Hoosier game tonight. I'm so excited to see Danny play since I had to miss the pistons game.
    I'd just tape the Pacers game. Other than seeing the spectacle of Danny returning...I am going to guess that we will see more of what we saw on Saturday....Granger missing a lot of shots as he gets into game form.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tape the Hoosier game.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Minor question...but is Biedrins the confirmed Starting Center? I am guessing that it will be Festus Ezili with Biedrins as the towel boy managing the Gatorade stand.
    According to the Warriors forum at ProSportsDaily, he is the confirmed starting Center.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    According to the Warriors forum at ProSportsDaily, he is the confirmed starting Center.
    Yeah...you're right...Biedrins is listed as the Probable Starter on the Pacers/Warriors Game Preview on the Warriors Website.

I'm surprised...cuz Biedrins seriously sucks and I thought that Mark Jackson preferred to go with Festus Ezili.

streets ahead

Andris is listed as starting center on the Warriors media notes. Media notes are compiled by (unsurprisingly) media relations folks and almost always based upon the starting lineup from the previous game. It's not necessarily what Mark Jackson has decided for tonight, so obviously things can change. But for our purposes, it's what I typically base the lineups on for the threads.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Yeah...you're right...Biedrins is listed as the Probable Starter on the Pacers/Warriors Game Preview on the Warriors Website.

I'm surprised...cuz Biedrins seriously sucks and I thought that Mark Jackson preferred to go with Festus Ezili.
    Ezeli is decent and he has started 38 games so far but he is still very raw and doesn't get too many minutes. He is getting 14.6 MPG and averaging 2.5 PPG, 3.6 RPG and 0.9 BPG. He is actually shooting worse than Roy as well (41.6%). Plus, he still average 1 turnover per game and 2.2 fouls per game despite not playing big minutes.

He is a good defender and he will develop into a nice role player (or emergency starter) but his per 36 numbers are not really good for a Center playing limited minutes.

In any case, most of this is moot. No matter who starts at C for the Warriors, they close out the game with Lee at C as they tend to go small with a Jack - Curry backcourt.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    Watch the Pacers or you might miss Danny going off for a season high.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Watch the Pacers or you might miss Danny going off for a season high.
    Yeah....Granger's season high is 2 points for this season....so, yeah....not too hard to break that

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just by looking at the matchups, we need Paul to abuse Barnes. Stephenson vs Thompson is also an interesting matchup, but we have seen Lance struggle sticking with strong perimeter players. If Hill can get us 10-12 pts at the PG spot, we should be in good shape
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pumped to be going tonight. Ready to see Danny back @ hone and hopefully get a W against a really tough team. Pretty excited to see Harrison Barnes play live for the first time. Unfortunate for him hes going to leave in a bad mood tho.
    I Bleed Blue

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

How many times will Violet Palmer yawn during the game tonight?

God she is terrible.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    How many times will Violet Palmer yawn during the game tonight?

God she is terrible.
    About the same times we'll roll our eyes at her. Many.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Yeah....Granger's season high is 2 points for this season....so, yeah....not too hard to break that
    Last edited by The Big Smooth; 02-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:

My thoughts on the evening: Who gives a **** about IU.

Go Pacers!!!
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Excited for this game.

Danny usually lights up Golden State IIRC, but I guess back then everybody did lol

Don't forget to kick the ball Hill...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

I'm a pussy cat on price
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Dan Dakich says go to StoopsBuick
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Never leave Curry.

Sports Logo

Lance

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014