Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Lions

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts-Lions

Just curious, if Colts win 10 or 11 games and have a better record than the 4th seed, do they host the game or no? I doubt Baltimore, New England, or Denver will really falter but just was curious.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a great performance by Luck at the end. Receivers played great and Ballard did well. However the defense and offensive line should be ashamed of themselves.
    There's no doubt the defense and offensive lines are horrific and we're not making a run in the playoffs any time soon until those positions improve and get younger.

As far as the offense itself goes, I've been very impressed with TY Hilton. Vick Ballard has looked good too and he's a big RB who has potential to really barrel through people. We could also go with a two RB system moving forward featuring Ballard and Brown.

But again, the little things on this team are real detriments for the future. Luck needs to be protected much better and he can't be relied on to be Mr. Clutch every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Just curious, if Colts win 10 or 11 games and have a better record than the 4th seed, do they host the game or no? I doubt Baltimore, New England, or Denver will really falter but just was curious.
    The division winners get home field advantage regardless.

I think the defense has been OK (that is not to say 'great' by any stretch though). The system is just so much better now and at least forces teams to be honest. You can't just run all over them and control the clock. You have to mix the pass and the run... and if you put it in the air a lot then it becomes a battle of the QB's. And the Colts look to do OK in that scenario.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought this was kinda neat:
    http://www.colts.com/fanzone/GoPano.html

You can pan 360 degrees through this Colts post-locker room celebration video. My favorite part is you can see Robert Mathis come out of nowhere and hop his way in and out of the middle of the celebration huddle.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think the defense has been OK (that is not to say 'great' by any stretch though). The system is just so much better now and at least forces teams to be honest. You can't just run all over them and control the clock. You have to mix the pass and the run... and if you put it in the air a lot then it becomes a battle of the QB's. And the Colts look to do OK in that scenario.
    I agree from the standpoint of watching the defense in the Manning era post-SB win over Chicago (and probably before that some too). It's not what it needs to be ultimately, but they haven't outright sucked other than in a couple games. They've kept us in games (which is essentially what we all begged for during most of Manning's tenure ironically) with few exceptions and even occasionally made a difference.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    The division winners get home field advantage regardless.
    I thought they changed that after we had to go to San Diego even though we had 4 more wins. Maybe I just wanted them so badly I am imagining that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why didn't we run more plays with Fleener after his TD?I'm also talking in general that he may have been a bit underused.Know he had an injury and just came back but just wish we will see more plays involving him in the future.Liked his celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I thought they changed that after we had to go to San Diego even though we had 4 more wins. Maybe I just wanted them so badly I am imagining that.
    I think it was discussed but AFAIK it didn't get changed...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Quite a few but really I felt the Lions outplayed us most of the game but we were Luck-y(pun intended).
    I disagree. Alot of QBs are good but will not necessarily dominate the game. Only elite QBs can be counted on to do that. We'll see if luck is in that category with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    There's no doubt the defense and offensive lines are horrific and we're not making a run in the playoffs any time soon until those positions improve and get younger.

As far as the offense itself goes, I've been very impressed with TY Hilton. Vick Ballard has looked good too and he's a big RB who has potential to really barrel through people. We could also go with a two RB system moving forward featuring Ballard and Brown.

But again, the little things on this team are real detriments for the future. Luck needs to be protected much better and he can't be relied on to be Mr. Clutch every game.
    Donald Brown's time as a Colt is coming to an end and rightfully so. Guy has been a net negative for his whole career, not really his fault, he never had any business being a first round pick or a starting RB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just can't ever count these guys --- and that quarterback --- out. This is the same M.O. every game --- alternate 2-3 good plays with a mistake, hang around and then pull out the win in the 4th. The offense will sandwich an impressive scoring drive with 3 straight 3-and-outs... the defense will sandwich 1 given up touchdown with 3-4 bend-but-don't-break stands.... and then in the 4th quarter it's game on. I had to leave and miss the 4th quarter, and was refreshing my phone like crazy, I couldn't believe when the text read out "Luck touchdown to Avery 0:00", but then again --- I could. At the end of the game, the kid makes plays against all odds.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-02-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

is there any video of the entire last drive? My recording shut off :x

Mood

I missed the game today, are they going to replay it later tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    is there any video of the entire last drive? My recording shut off :x
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapol...er_videos_luck

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's some data for ya:

- Indy lost the time of posession 22:22 to 37:28. That is domination on Detroit's part.
    - Indy turned it over 3 times to Detroits 1.
    - Indy was 4-15 on 3rd down --- uncharacteristically bad for them.
    - Luck completed 44% of his passes for only 24 completions (4 of them were TDs, tho).

And yet.... they won.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Here's some data for ya:

- Indy lost the time of posession 22:22 to 37:28. That is domination on Detroit's part.
    - Luck completed 44% of his passes for only 24 completions (4 of them were TDs, tho).

And yet.... they won.
    Reminds me of Peyton Manning.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Could be game of the year for the Colts.
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Here's some data for ya:

And yet.... they won.
    And I think Detroit has lost a lot of games this year this way. They win the stats but not the game.

On the other hand, the Colts tend to win even if they don't play well. We may not have a consistently good team on offense or defense, but we have guys that have a knack for making plays on both offense and defense in important points of a game.

And here's the thing that made it even sweeter, a thing you may have missed while watching on TV: On a Don Carey interception with 6:40 to play, Ndamukong Suh laid out Colts right tackle Winston Justice, who left the game with a concussion. Worse, Suh and his teammates stood over Justice and laughed and danced.

After the game, the Colts tough-minded right guard, Mike McGlynn, was still spitting mad. In fact, he didn't run into the end zone to celebrate. He was too busy jawing with Suh and some other Lions.

"Totally ignorant on their part," McGlynn said. "Just childish stuff. We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes this even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game."
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

------

-John Wooden

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

This was the first road game I ever attended(what a ride). The pure joy of colts fans sprinkled into the majoritys hearts being ripped out was quite an experience. Loved it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

I think this is the most pleasantly surprising season of any sports team I've ever followed. It might be cliche', but this really has been a storybook year.

Luck is at his best when he runs a hurried no huddle. You just expect him to complete a bunch of passes in that situation. As travmil said, that ball to Brazil might be the best ball he's thrown all year. It seems like we're getting a bit better on the deep ball. We had a few deep completions yesterday. Honestly, Reggie should have probably come up with that catch in the endzone on first down at the very end of the game. Luck couldn't have thrown a better ball. It's obvious why this guy was so hyped coming out. He's a super talented freak. Can you imagine how great he's going to be by year 3 or 4? He is going to be absolutely unstoppable.

We have some pretty talented receivers right now. Hilton, Avery, and Brazil have all shown plenty of potential in recent weeks and have come up with big plays. And of course there is Wayne. The catch by Brazil was just as great as the Luck throw.

I hope Fleener can stay healthy for the rest of the season. That was a great snag in the endzone. I wish we would have used our TE's more yesterday. It seems like we kinda went away from them after the Fleener TD. I want to see us use our two TE's like New England does with Gronk and Hernandez. I know that Fleener and Allen aren't as good as those two guys, but they are pretty damn talented rookies. Combine Fleener and Allen with the receivers I mentioned above and that leaves you with some pretty talented targets for Luck. All of these guys can make plays.

Our defense made big third down stops against Detroit all day. You can't really ask them to do much more on the road against a potent offense like Detroit. They gave our offense multiple opportunities and had we lost the game, it would have been on the offense for not making the most out of them.

You can't blame Vontae Davis for that Calvin Johnson TD. If you give Calvin Johnson that much time, then he's going to get himself in a position to catch the ball. He's the best WR in the NFL for a reason. That play wasn't Davis' fault. Stafford and Johnson just had waaaaaaaaay too much time.

We gotta keep this momentum going at home against Tennessee next week. 9-4 would be an absolute chokehold on a wildcard spot.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-03-2012 at 06:53 AM.

MP3 of Colts Radio last play PBP

https://www.4shared.com/mp3/5CEVNwa8/ColtsWin.html

Kevin Lee NAILED it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This was the first road game I ever attended(what a ride). The pure joy of colts fans sprinkled into the majoritys hearts being ripped out was quite an experience. Loved it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Awesome. I'd love to see a Colts road game someday. I've never seen a game away from Indy. How is Ford Field? It looks extremely nice on TV.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    MP3 of Colts Radio last play PBP

https://www.4shared.com/mp3/5CEVNwa8/ColtsWin.html

Kevin Lee NAILED it.
    I've made my thoughts on Bob Lamey known here many times. I won't rehash them again. Suffice to say that listening to Kevin Lee take over yesterday was a breath of fresh air. Loved it.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: