Lions 21
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts-Lions

Gonna go with

Lions - 37
    Colts - 27

Neither team can stop anyone but the Colts haven't been able to consistently turn red zone trips into touchdowns and I don't think they have anyone who can stop Megatron so I'd give the edge to the Lions. I love being wrong though when it comes to picking against the Colts!

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts aren't perfect, but neither are the Lions. I actually think Indy has a better all-around team than Detroit. The only factor that sways things towards Detroit is that it's at their house. But Detroit is hardly unbeatable at home. They've lost to some good teams, but they've only beaten the Rams, Jags, Eagles, and Seahawks. The only team above .500 is Seattle.

But "any given Sunday"....

I'll say Colts 24, Lions 10
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I think Vontae Davis definitely needs to get back for this game, he is our best corner and i would feel a lot better out there with him on megatron instead of Darius Butler

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Moala to IR

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...nclick_check=1

Moala's been OK, but just the sheer number of DL bodies going down is a bummer

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fleener and Davis being back is going to be good for us.

I think we can win it. We just have to get some pressure to Stafford and make him make mistakes. If this was a home game I'd be more confident.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This is the least important game left on the schedule because it won't play into a tiebreaker. A win of course would be great and all but lock up a playoff spot, but a loss won't kill us.

Go Chargers (blech) and go Ravens!

Based on the body of work from the past two weeks, I don't think we'll win this. Plus it's on the road. But who knows, hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Lions 24
    Colts 20
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fleener and Davis being back is going to be good for us.

I think we can win it. We just have to get some pressure to Stafford and make him make mistakes. If this was a home game I'd be more confident.
    They should still start Darius Butler too if Davis is healthy
    "We want Miami"

The craziest thing about this Colts team is that we've had crappy players like Butler and Vaughn playing a majority of the time and we are still winning. Think about everyone who has missed time, Davis, Fleener, Avery, Mathis, Freeney, Redding, Angerer, Powers, Brown, Satele. Heck Austin Collie was supposed to be here ()

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

We really need a receiver like Collie right now. I wish we had 2009 Collie or 2010 pre-injury Collie on this team.

Looks like you'll need to find a new one of those Collie's in the off season. I can't imagine the Colts signing him again with his concussion history and frankly for Austin I hope the lure of really good money and can't give up football doesn't sway him in that direction. It already seems players have a short life span so don't make the mistake of hitting middle age and having no memory of anything.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's something about Stafford's game that strikes me as off. He seems to be fairly easily figured out. His side-winder throwing motion is weird. The guy can absolutely wing it, but not always accurate, not a very great form or stance. Sort of like Cutler, but bigger/stronger and not as much of a loose cannon. They'll wow you here and there with some amazing plays, and you can even win some games with them, but you're hardpressed to see them going deep in the playoffs because they just lack that sort of structure in their game.

Having Megatron to throw to makes you look a little better, too.

It just seems like if you can reduce the big plays, they are pretty mediocre, and it's not all that hard to reduce the big plays.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-27-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I'm sure most of you remember the last time we went to Detroit. It was Thanksgiving 2004. Manning threw 6 TDs and we beat the crap out of them. 41-9.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241125008

WTF does is take for Suh to get suspended?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone off-topic, but thinking about Stafford's build got me thinking.

It's interesting to me how throwing motion/mechanics in relation to physical make-up works. You look at a guy like Jay Cutler. When he throws it, it's an absolute missile. He can blister the ball maybe moreso than anyone in the league. There have literally been times I've lost track of his thrown ball in flight because it's moving so fast. But he's not a big guy. He's really not very physically imposing at all. He's 6-3, 220, which isn't small, but he doesn't have huge arms. He actually looks skinny. Why is he able to wing the ball harder/faster/deeper than anyone else? Cam Newton can unleash a deep ball, but if you had to have a guy throw a bullet into 3-man coverage 20 yards out, would you go with Cutler or Newton? I'd go Cutler... and Cam physically could just pick Cutler up and throw him like a shot-put.

I'm sort of one of those guys, too... skinny and a lil long. I might even say I'm built somewhat like Cutler, a lil smaller. I can wing a football or baseball like no other (well, maybe not so much anymore, but in my younger days)... and I don't understand why. I could throw the ball harder/faster than guys way bigger than me growing up. Ken Griffey Jr. was sorta like that too, he wasn't a huge guy, but he could absolutely throw the ball and hit deep shots as if he was some monster.

I dunno, that just interests me. I'd bet it comes down to some physical ratios and motion efficiency, etc... people used to ask me how I threw it like that, I never had an answer. I just threw it.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Maybe you have a different grip on the ball than most. Jeff George always credited (wow Jeff George giving credit to anything ) his particular grip with his index finger on the back point of the ball for creating his monster throws. Too bad the guy didn't have a grip in his head or he could have been the first Indy Colt HOF inductee.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, I just did some reading on Cutler... he bench pressed 225 lbs 23 times at his combine. That is pretty damn ridiculous for a quarterback. He's a lot stronger than he looks. He also started at Safety in high school, was considered top state safety.

Yeah Cutler is a big time athlete and always has been. I don't think you can say the same for Stafford.

Luck is now on the cover of SI. In the past month, IU basketball, Notre Dame football, and now Luck/Colts have all been the cover.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'm predicting that Calvin Johnson fantasy owners will be very pleased with this game.... :x

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck is now on the cover of SI. In the past month, IU basketball, Notre Dame football, and now Luck/Colts have all been the cover.
    Well it's worked out ok for the Hoosiers and the Irish.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Colts-21
    Lions- 14

BTW, Vontae Davis and Coby Fleener are listed as probable for this game, good news, another receiving threat and our best corner

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post: