Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Pacers line-up suggestions

  1. #1

    Default Pacers line-up suggestions

    thread on what line-up changes you think the Pacers should use. Here is mine
    PG- Lance Stephenson 6'5
    SG- Sam Young 6'6 read paragraph about why to start him
    SF- Paul George 6'10
    PF- David West 6'9
    C- Roy Hibbert 7'2
    Bench
    PG- D.J. Augustin
    SG- George Hill
    SF- Gerald Green
    PF- Tyler Hansbrough
    C- Ian Mahinmi

    Yes, I think the Pacers should start Stephenson at point. This needs to be his team for us to compete for a championship. Here comes the part I think most of you will disagree with, I would start Sam Young. Yes, Hill is better and I get that, but wasn't Harden better than Seflosha (probably spelled it wrong) wasn't Jason Terry better than the Mavs SG. Yes, I think Hill should finish games out with the starters but I think the bench needs another scoring option and Hill can give them that. I say play him 32 min a game like normal, just bring him in off the bench. BTW I listed the height of the starters so you can see how big our starters would be, tough to guard.

  2. #2
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I think the Pacers should start Stephenson at point. This needs to be his team for us to compete for a championship.
    not sure if serious.

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not sure if serious.
    Paul George isn't leading them there, Danny Granger isn't. Stephenson has the highest cieling on the team. Yes I am serious, he can probably be our best player and can create his own shot, he is the only one who can. We talked about how if we are to compete for a championship, it is based on Paul George's development into a star, well Stephenson has a better shot than him
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 11-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    I doubt BlueCollarColts meant we could win a championship with that lineup this year. I think he meant down the line we need a guy with Lance like talents to compete with the best, might as well see if he can be our guy. That's basically what we Lance fans have said for years.

    Here's my lineup:

    Lance
    Hill
    George
    West
    Hibbert

    Green
    DJ
    Ian
    Tyler

    Young would be my defensive specialist to play when needed

    I still don't care for the Tyler/West front court, and despite how much better Tyler's D and rebounding has been so far he's still terrible on offense. I'd rather see Ian get Tyler's minutes playing alongside West. We need the guys we signed to play more like we thought they would or were in trouble.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt BlueCollarColts meant we could win a championship with that lineup this year. I think he meant down the line we need a guy with Lance like talents to compete with the best, might as well see if he can be our guy. That's basically what we Lance fans have said for years.Here's my lineup:

    Lance
    Hill
    George
    West
    Hibbert

    Green
    DJ
    Ian
    Tyler

    Young would be my defensive specialist to play when needed

    I still don't care for the Tyler/West front court, and despite how much better Tyler's D and rebounding has been so far he's still terrible on offense. I'd rather see Ian get Tyler's minutes playing alongside West. We need the guys we signed to play more like we thought they would or were in trouble.
    Exactly what I was saying, in a few years I think Lance will be our guy. He attacks the rim like all stars in this league does, can create his own shot, and has developed a nice outside game to go along with it. I think Lance and Paul can be considered to be a scary back court, like Deron Williams and Joe Johnson are now

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    My lineup is the lineup that is starting right now. The problem isn't the makeup of the starting lineup. Lance is not the answer--yet. Forcing him to be something he's not is not beneficial for anyone.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #7

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt BlueCollarColts meant we could win a championship with that lineup this year. I think he meant down the line we need a guy with Lance like talents to compete with the best, might as well see if he can be our guy. That's basically what we Lance fans have said for years.

    Here's my lineup:

    Lance
    Hill
    George
    West
    Hibbert

    Green
    DJ
    Ian
    Tyler

    Young would be my defensive specialist to play when needed

    I still don't care for the Tyler/West front court, and despite how much better Tyler's D and rebounding has been so far he's still terrible on offense. I'd rather see Ian get Tyler's minutes playing alongside West. We need the guys we signed to play more like we thought they would or were in trouble.
    So your line up is our line up..

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReginaldWayne For This Useful Post:


  14. #8

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your line up is our line up..
    he moved Hill to shooting guard and made Lance point guard

  15. #9

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    ... and benched Young although I'd rather bench DJ or Green honestly.

  16. #10
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,811

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Trade everyone for Lance Stephenson and O.J. Mayo.

  17. #11

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade everyone for Lance Stephenson and O.J. Mayo.
    so we are going to trade everyone for a player on our team? lol

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    How are we going to contend for a championship with Lance at the point, come on man. We don't have the talent to contend for a championship, might as well start our $8m/year point guard and hope that with enough minutes he could develop some consistency. Based on his latest play Lance is worthy of expanded minutes but don't get any high hopes
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  20. #13
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,611

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    My hopes for Lance aren't that high, they never have been. In fact I think he's basically already exceeded my hopes for him. Of course, I would love for him to become an All-Star type player down the road, but I'm not expecting it at all. I love the fact that he's expanding his game, I just don't think it's time to start giving him the reigns or anything of that nature.

    And don't get me wrong here, I'm no Lance hater. I love to watch guys like Lance go to work. All the flash and nice finishes, heck, I think he could be compared to a poor man's Iverson.

  21. #14
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,835

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Don't think there's much to be gained by rearranging a player here or there from starter to bench or position to position. Does not trump the bigger issue of our overall talent. Put them in whatever combination you want. Can't overcome the collective ability, strength, and weakness. It is what it is.

    Apparently in SA odd thoughts it's "ignorant" to hold the opinion Green does not significantly impact games. The support for that assertion is the whopping 8 pts and 3 rebds season average in 24 minutes per. In the last week he's only getting 17 mins per, which tells me the coaching staff is not pleased/confident in what he's doing.

    At some point, there were posters here who thought he could be a sixth man of the year candidate type. Maybe this is a case of having overinflated expectations, but I don't think there's any strong argument that he's exerting a significant positive influence on our overall play.

    I hope his play improves and he can provide us double figures in the second unit with some 3 point success. However, in watching him so far, I see no other area in which stands out. So, we're essentially talking a one-dimensional player who seemingly will consistently inspire nervousness with decision making, defense, etc.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    We should start Plumlee and Lance, they are future superstars, get it done Walsh!!!

  24. #16

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt BlueCollarColts meant we could win a championship with that lineup this year. I think he meant down the line we need a guy with Lance like talents to compete with the best, might as well see if he can be our guy. That's basically what we Lance fans have said for years.

    Here's my lineup:

    Lance
    Hill
    George
    West
    Hibbert

    Green
    DJ
    Ian
    Tyler

    Young would be my defensive specialist to play when needed

    I still don't care for the Tyler/West front court, and despite how much better Tyler's D and rebounding has been so far he's still terrible on offense. I'd rather see Ian get Tyler's minutes playing alongside West. We need the guys we signed to play more like we thought they would or were in trouble.
    So you want to basically bench Tyler and give his minutes to Ian? I think the Ps will let him have time until the trade deadline at AS game time, then use him as part of a trade package. I don't have a lot of confidence in IM yet. He seems to have stone hands and is a foul magnet.

  25. #17

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    DJ Augustin
    George Hill
    Paul George
    David West
    Ian Mahinmi

    First substitutes: Stephenson and Hibbert
    Second substitutes: Hansbrough and Green
    Young when he is needed.

    Make scoring easier for both Georges and West with DJ starting and use Mahinmi to fix the pick and roll defense. Push the tempo.
    Let Hibbert enter when players are a bit tired and moving slower. Stephenson can pass it to Roy or try to create his own shot like a sixth man would do.

  26. #18

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you want to basically bench Tyler and give his minutes to Ian? I think the Ps will let him have time until the trade deadline at AS game time, then use him as part of a trade package. I don't have a lot of confidence in IM yet. He seems to have stone hands and is a foul magnet.
    Not completely bench him. I'd only play him with Ian or Hibbert, though.

    Starting Lance at PG may be too much. I was thinking about this bench lineup if DJ doesn't start playing better consistently:

    Lance
    Green
    Young
    Tyler
    Ian

    Could be interesting, nice mix of offense and defense. We could pull Lance early like we have been, but instead of waiting 12 minutes to put him back in () we could sub him in for Hill. I think Lance could handle most backup PG defensively, but if he does struggle I don't see why we couldn't throw Young on the PG and let Lance defend the stronger of the 2 wings players. That might be a good idea anyway. Young's length at the point of attack could really disrupt an offense.

  27. #19

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Would be interesting to say the least. However, who would be the steadying influence in thes group when they started to play out of control and throwing the ball away, dribbling off their own foot and throwing the pass into the crowd? How about the earlier idea of putting Roy with this group for when there isn't a chance to run?

  28. #20
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers line-up suggestions

    Lance at 1/Hill/ Augustin/Johnson
    Hill at 2/ PG/Johnson
    PG/Green/Young/Johnson
    West/Hans/Plumlee/Pendergraph/Mahinmi
    Hibby/Mahinmi/Plumlee/Pendy
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 chant suggestions 1/11/12 Pacers vs Hawks
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
  2. Area 55 chant suggestions Pacers vs Bobcats 1/7/11
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
  3. Suggestions for Pacers' Fan Jam
    By PR07 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
  4. music at Pacers games - suggestions?
    By pb777 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:51 AM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •