Thread: Positive fun fact about Paul

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Positive fun fact about Paul

22-23 from the FT line so far this year for a craptastic 95.7% from the line.*

How is he even allowed to put on a Pacers uniform when he refuses to follow the "no made FTs" rule they obviously have in place.

Unfun fact - Roy is 10-22 for 45%. Chris Dudley is ticked that Roy's stealing his gimmick.

* hello jinx, why don't you go **** yourself

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Positive fun fact about Paul

I just wish he would get to the line more often to show off his FT shooting prowess.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wish he would get to the line more often to show off his FT shooting prowess.
    Yeah, he's currently at 2.5/game. If he could get that to 5 or 6...man, it'd really help him dominate more offensively.

Seems as though he gets hit a lot without earning fouls though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Roy is simply trying to emulate Dale Davis, and we should applaud him for this, shouldn't we?

Jinx 1, Naptown 0

So annoyed by that right now.

BTW, he's getting to the line less per minute than the last 2 years and shooting more 3s. His eFG% is WAY down from his first 2 seasons (50.5, 51.0, 44.5). The FT% shows he's on track as a shooter in the general sense, but the types of shots and the situations of those shots is killing his production.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Seems as though he gets hit a lot without earning fouls though.

Until he starts seeking out contact, he's not going to get those calls. He had an easy And-1 opportunity, that he ruined for the umpteenth time this season by going to that ridiculous finger roll.

Someone in practice needs to put PG on his *** the next time he does it. I'm getting tired of seeing the pussy side of him.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Until he starts seeking out contact, he's not going to get those calls. He had an easy And-1 opportunity, that he ruined for the umpteenth time this season by going to that ridiculous finger roll.

Someone in practice needs to put PG on his *** the next time he does it. I'm getting tired of seeing the pussy side of him.
    I will never understand why he doesn't just try to power the ball in. He did it in NY against TYSON CHANDLER one play. It's like Paul, you're 6'10, take a "crab dribble" and go the hell up--they have no choice BUT to foul you!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I thought and still think if PG is going to evolve offensively it comes from getting to the line. Paul Pierce and Kobe are the epitome of this, Danny figured out in year 4 that its "scoring gold". So many things, all are good can come from this. It opens up his outside shot, opens up his drive. It allows your defense to be set on the next possession. It would easily mean a 4-6 point increase in his average. I'm not sure how you get to this point, but Paul really needs to figure it out, it changes a lot of things. The NBA must have given instructions to let players play to start this year or at least not buy anything that looks like a flop, that presents a problem, but still. I clearly think this is PGs next step.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I will never understand why he doesn't just try to power the ball in. He did it in NY against TYSON CHANDLER one play. It's like Paul, you're 6'10, take a "crab dribble" and go the hell up--they have no choice BUT to foul you!
    I don't understand why a guy who's 6'10" and can jump out of the gym wouldn't just dunk on people. Someone needs to tell him his mom wears combat boots or something, because I don't think PG will ever develop into a go-to player unless he's able to muster up some emotion and channel it into positive motivation. Can he without doing it? Sure. But it's not likely. Good players all have a "kill em" attitude.

I don't understand why a guy who's 6'10" and can jump out of the gym wouldn't just dunk on people. Someone needs to tell him his mom wears combat boots or something, because I don't think PG will ever develop into a go-to player unless he's able to muster up some emotion and channel it into positive motivation. Can he without doing it? Sure. But it's not likely. Good players all have a "kill em" attitude.
    Because, in a real game, he can't do a 360-between the legs-make the crowd gasp dunk. That happens when you are being defended.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

IMO some scorers avoid fouls because they are trying to get the legit shot rather than go foul begging. And in a way that's the right view. However there is a level where you stop looking for the SHOT and start looking for the ADVANTAGE instead.

Once you make a move and have a guy beat, or have a team beat on spacing thanks to movement/rotation, then you punish them. Once Paul gets better about thinking in those terms, that he's not foul begging when he attacks a disadvantage in spacing, size, movement, then he'll start showing those foul call moves.

Good scorers aren't getting to the line as a gimmick to make up for not being able to score, they are getting to the line because they've beaten a guy and he has no option but to foul if you make even a modest attempt to score at that point.

And this means I think you guys are taking too much away from Paul's current odd choices near the rim. He did the same thing with Roy where he passed on a layup to dump it to Roy. He's trying to not be selfish, to get everyone involved and do a little of everything, and when he was Danny's Pippen that was a good outlook. It just doesn't apply to the alpha role and he's still adjusting.

He's way to gifted for this not to work out, he just needs TIME TO LEARN. In the meantime he's struggling because he's mentally lingering between two outlooks without committing to either. Eventually he'll adjust that attitude and start showing more confidence in attacking moments of advantage which will lead to stronger shots near the rim and more fouls being drawn.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Throwing up a finger roll is neither a legitimate shot, nor a way to be unselfish. Paul cannot be a serious scoring threat, and be so inept around the basket.

The inbetween the legs 360 dunk has nothing to do with what I was really saying. I'm not asking him to do that. I'm asking him to do a regular one or two handed dunk with some force behind it, so Mary Poppins doesn't knock him off balance.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Agreed!!

I can live with the fact that he's a long, 6'10" guy and thus he will never drive to the hoop like a typical 6'6" SG would do (in terms of ease or frequency), but the times he DOES get there, STOP BEING CUTE!

God forbid he ever try to replace those weak-*** finger rolls with tomahawks!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

This is just typical Pacers for this fan: We finally get a really big/tall center... he doesn't like to dunk and he's a giraffe. We finally get a wing with size, skills, athleticism who could be Iguodala-ish... he'd prefer to finger roll.

ARRRGHH

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Throwing up a finger roll is neither a legitimate shot, nor a way to be unselfish. Paul cannot be a serious scoring threat, and be so inept around the basket.

The inbetween the legs 360 dunk has nothing to do with what I was really saying. I'm not asking him to do that. I'm asking him to do a regular one or two handed dunk with some force behind it, so Mary Poppins doesn't knock him off balance.
    I knew what you where intending, I just couldn't resist throwing that in.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A man has dreams of walking with giants
    To carve his niche in the edifice of time
    Before the mortar of his zeal
    Has a chance to congeal
    The cup is dashed from his lips
    The flame is snuffed aborning
    He's brought to rack and ruin in his prime

You need help if you know why I posted that.

roy hibbert seems to rush his free throw shots and also his perimeter shots. i think he needs to slow it down a little

These numbers don't surprise me even a little bit. So far Paul's proven he can handle SFs quite well. Is there anyone left that still thinks he should be developed into a SG?

http://www.82games.com/1213/12IND7.HTM

edit: He also averaged twice as many TOs per game (4:2) when Young and Green started (6games) compared to Lance (9games). That's no coincidence IMO. Taking some of the ball handling pressure off Paul has made it easier for him.

And might as well throw Lance's numbers on here for those that think Lance is somehow messing up the offense.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12IND5.HTM

Best on court off court numbers on the team. He's over 4 points better than anyone else offensively. Lance is the glue guy so far on offense, he makes everyone better.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 11-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Counter: How does a lithe 6'10 guard who shoots 81% from the FT line and plays 35 minutes a night only get two FT's per game?

S-O-F-T. I'm thinking about getting a twitter account just to tell him to ditch the slow mo euro step, and take it strong to the damn basket cause apparently no one else will tell him. I'm tired of him acting shocked he's not getting a call on that weak stuff. He doesn't deserve a call when he's going up like that. Luckily that's just a mindset that I think will change with time.