Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

I would love to see Plumlee to turn out something like Jeff Foster.

What some people don't realize is that Foster was a lot more than just rebounding. He was tough. He was very bright. He always knew where to be on the floor. He was spirited with his teammates, yelling at them, showing leadership, when necessary. He had good hands and was nifty at getting loose balls.

Plumlee might be a good leaper who has had a bit of success at getting offensive boards. But becoming Foster-esque will require many other skills.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the plan was to draft a guy that would be a 10 year rotation guy with an elite skill. not bad for a late pick. Now we'll wait and see if the plan works. To say that there didn't seem to be a plan is not paying attention. Disagree with the plan if you want. But there was a plan.

Speculating. The Pacers want to have Plumlee take the backup 4 next season. Assuming that Tyler will either not play well enough to bring back or play too well to afford bringing back. The games at Ft Wayne would indicate that Plumlee has the potential to score. Since the player he kept getting compared to is Jeff Foster, I speculate the Pacers see him as Jeff Foster with a jump shot and a guy that can score well enough to require guarding. If he does turn out to be Jeff Foster with a jump shot, it will be a very successful pick. Time will tell.
    This would be very true if Plumlee had an elite skill-set. His rebounding numbers in college were average. His athleticism on the other hand is elite, so I'll give you that.

And if THAT was the plan, to add a guy that was mediocre in AT BEST in college, as opposed to swinging for a player that could be a potential starter down the line--then that's almost worse than not having a plan at all. IMO. That to me shows incompetence. But hey, maybe Plumlee will turnout to be better than I thought. Time will tell

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta be one of the best Pacer plays I've seen in a long time.
    Lance, I hereby dub thee --- "The French Revolution".

Get it? Because he made a French guy turn in a circle?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-27-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: