Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103

Thread: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

  1. #26
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I don't get Vogel. Time for a vogel-vention. Don't want him fired, just questioned about offense and rotations.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I thought our offense looked pretty good tonight until the 4th quarter. 26/27 assists is really good.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,928

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For all the flack Tyler gets on here, he's played his butt off consistantly this year
    He got a lot of flack last season but he has yet to get any this season because he's playing his butt off as you said and rebounding greatly.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Fact: Hibbert looked good when Lance was on the floor. Why? Because Lance cuts to the basket creating passing lanes and drawing Hibbert's cover. If I can figure that out, I don't understand why Frank can't.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,825

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least there was this:

    Gotta be one of the best Pacer plays I've seen in a long time.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I've lengthened my leash on Frank with the improved offense, but I really don't get why Young's being asked to be such an offensive contributor. I don't know a ton about Young but he's never been anything near a chucker or anything, so I assume he's just doing what's asked of him. Camp in the corner for the occasional spot up, ok, strong weakside cut, sweet. But handling the ball, pull ups, 3+ 3 point attempts a game? I really don't get it.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least there was this:

    That was a beautiful move, or as Naptown Seth calls it, "junk game".

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I'll give Frank this, substitutions aside, the offense was better spaced. I suppose if you think about this through the science of habits you realize that when pressure was applied, the Pacers reverted to the chaotic offense that is natural to them. Bad habits?

  16. #34
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Roy just needs to play a Mutumbo type game. Defend the rim, rebound and just get points where you can. Do those first two things at a high level!

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  18. #35
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    It's really hard to look at the positive after such a depressing conclusion. However, it's still early, and this team is looking better and better all the time. So, that's the positive.

    The negative...

    Roy. For god's sake. 5/18? An absolute choke-job, missing 4 or 5 shots in the last 5 minutes. So, so very bad. Oh, and his decision making...he hustled, got the offensive board, and instead of working it to a guard and running a play (got them a 17 point lead) he rushes back up, missing badly.

    Frank. Really, was pretty happy up until he called a play to Roy, despite the fact that Roy was clearly off. He's getting better in my opinion, but needs to continue getting better late in games.

    Paul. Absolute choke-job himself after the 3 he hit. Burned by Green (3 points) lost dribble and breakaway (2 points) and leaves his feet fouling Green (2 points). 7 straight, massive choke.

    I'm pretty frustrated, this would have/should have been a signature win early. It's so hard to lower expectations from top 3 seed to barely getting in.

  19. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy just needs to play a Mutumbo type game. Defend the rim, rebound and just get points where you can. Do those first two things at a high level!
    Yep Mutombo, Ibaka, etc, the Pacers need to stop giving so many touches, his jumper at this point is better than his back to the basket game.

  20. #37
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,434

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    The max contract player couldnt hit a close shot to save his life... Very frustrating
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

  21. #38
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,425

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fact: Hibbert looked good when Lance was on the floor. Why? Because Lance cuts to the basket creating passing lanes and drawing Hibbert's cover. If I can figure that out, I don't understand why Frank can't.
    Lance does open up the court because he's capable of juking people to the point he gets by them and strong enough to carry them on his hip...and gifted enough to dish to the open man when the defense collapses. Given more experience with the other guys and in games against starters, he may become a handful.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  23. #39
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Roy did have 7 offensive boards. I honestly can't remember how many times he went back up with it, from a sheer basketball stand point hopefully every time, but it's not like Frank called 18 sets for Roy.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #40

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've lengthened my leash on Frank with the improved offense, but I really don't get why Young's being asked to be such an offensive contributor. I don't know a ton about Young but he's never been anything near a chucker or anything, so I assume he's just doing what's asked of him. Camp in the corner for the occasional spot up, ok, strong weakside cut, sweet. But handling the ball, pull ups, 3+ 3 point attempts a game? I really don't get it.
    I agree entirely. I think Frank got his head out of his you know what just in time, and the Pacers are actually looking like an NBA team. The Sam Young stuff boggles my mind. As you said it's not only his shooting but bringing the ball up the court, being a focal point of plays, it makes no sense at all.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  27. #41
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,434

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess so
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

  28. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess s
    Roy is never going to be a 20/10 guy.

  29. #43

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  30. #44

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    That was one of our better games, too bad had to choke in the end. Hibbert really is killing us right now. How many games has he earned that contract this year.... 2 or 3 maybe? We need a defensive specialist next to Roy so we can camp him under the basket because that's about all he's good for defensively right now. Hill's struggled this year too, but who wouldn't look bad in the pick and roll when your help is Hibbert and D. West?

    I agree with whoever mentioned Paul's play in 4th. It was bad.

    Lance got screwed by the refs tonight. The tech was an obvious flop Ginobili will be hearing from the league about, and the penalty foul in the 4th was called after Neal swiped at Lance, baiting the official again. It should have been offensive if anything. Definitely shouldn't have been a holding foul. Lance has bad fouls a lot of times, but those two tonight were total BS.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 11-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.

  31. #45
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was one of our better games, too bad had to choke in the end. Hibbert really is killing us right now. How many games has he earned that contract this year.... 2 or 3 maybe? We need a defensive specialist next to Roy so we can camp him under the basket because that's about all he's good for defensively right now. Hill's struggled this year too, but who wouldn't look bad in the pick and roll when your help is Hibbert and D. West?

    I agree with whoever mentioned Paul's play in 4th. It was bad.

    Lance got screwed by the refs tonight. The tech was an obvious flop Ginobili will be hearing from the league about, and the penalty foul in the 4th was called after Neal swiped at Lance, baiting the official again. It should have been offensive if anything. Definitely shouldn't have been a holding foul. Lance has bad fouls I'll admit, but those two tonight were total BS.
    Honestly, Roy's a defensive specialist. Roy's become a pretty outstanding rim protector. I give vnzla plenty of crap but he's right, I don't necessarily think we're force feeding Roy as much as people think and I do like him in the high post running sets off him at times, but it's unquestionable at this point that unless he's got a pretty major mismatch that the stand around and let Roy go to work on the block stuff needs to stop. He's got a game where he's finally hitting, awesome, give it to him, but those're few and far between so cut off him, work weakside stuff, something, I don't know, I'm not that smart. But Roy putting up more than 10 or so shots a game's a detriment right now.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  33. #46

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Roy has a specialty on D, but he's in no way a defensive specialist IMO. He's good at blocking shots, but he's awful in the PnR. So is David.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 11-23-2012 at 11:24 PM.

  34. #47
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    When I say "defensive specialist" I basically mean he's a much better defensive player than offensive. He's not about to be Noah or Varejao and go shut down a penetrating guard or something.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  36. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,071

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess so
    I hate this whole max thing like Roy is making the same as Kobe or someone, when in reality he makes more or less the same as Granger this year and next. A max contract is a relative term. Roy's max is less than a 20/10 guy should make. While he still isn't living up to his contract, he isn't and shouldn't be expected to be a 20/10 guy.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  38. #49
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate this whole max thing like Roy is making the same as Kobe or someone, when in reality he makes more or less the same as Granger this year and next. A max contract is a relative term. Roy's max is less than a 20/10 guy should make. While he still isn't living up to his contract, he isn't and shouldn't be expected to be a 20/10 guy.
    I agree with your point that not all max contracts are created equal, but I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for your 7'2 guy making on average ~15 mil the next 4 to have 20/10 say, I don't know, (pulls number out of ***) maybe like 25% of the time. Roy's working on 8% or so this year.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  40. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, Roy's a defensive specialist. Roy's become a pretty outstanding rim protector. I give vnzla plenty of crap but he's right, I don't necessarily think we're force feeding Roy as much as people think and I do like him in the high post running sets off him at times, but it's unquestionable at this point that unless he's got a pretty major mismatch that the stand around and let Roy go to work on the block stuff needs to stop. He's got a game where he's finally hitting, awesome, give it to him, but those're few and far between so cut off him, work weakside stuff, something, I don't know, I'm not that smart. But Roy putting up more than 10 or so shots a game's a detriment right now.
    Pacers should use him the same way the Spurs use the 38 years old Duncan, Pop doesn't post Duncan as much anymore must of his points come from outside, Pacers should do the same.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  3. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
  5. Pacers vs Sonics postgame thread
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •