Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

One of best one-on-one moves in years! And he didn't CELEBRATE afterwards, just got up ready to play. Our little Lance is muturing right before our eyes. If he plays like this all season, we are really going to miss him next season when he signs a big contract somewhere else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did Hibbert disappoint? He had a double-double with a couple of blocked shots against one of the premier big men in the game. Did you think Hibbert was going to transform into a 20 ppg 15 rebounds per game type of player just because he signed a big contract?
    Hibbert's overall line is fine. It's the way he got there that is the problem. Last season he averaged 12.8 points on 10.3 field goal attempts per game. Last night he got 10 points on 18 field goal attempts. That's a huge difference in efficiency.

I liked to see that they made Augustin more of a ball dominant guard when he was in. Everybody else currently on that unit plays better off the ball (that will change if Granger returns and pushes Lance to that unit), so hopefully that continues. Obviously most teams won't allow the wide open spaces that the Spurs do at times, but it will still be a more effective offense that way.

The first unit needs Hibbert on offense right now. George is still someone who is more effective getting his points within the flow of the offense rather than having plays called for him. Hill is the constant backup/emergency option if a play breaks down. They don't trust Lance yet to call tons of plays for him, so that leaves Hibbert and West. When Granger comes back they can have him and West be the first options and let Hibbert roam more, but right now I think they have to keep going down to Hibbert and hope it gets better. But it has gotten to the point where I hope the other team sends a double team like they did Wednesday and the Pacers can swing it out for a 3 point shot rather than defending 1 on 1 like the Spurs did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    One of best one-on-one moves in years! And he didn't CELEBRATE afterwards, just got up ready to play. Our little Lance is muturing right before our eyes. If he plays like this all season, we are really going to miss him next season when he signs a big contract somewhere else.
    The Pacers have him next year for cheap as well (it's unguaranteed right now, but of course the Pacers are going to keep him at this point). Lance and Granger will both be UFA's after next year and George will be restricted at the same time, so it will be fascinating to see what direction the Pacers are going to go with their wings.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Thabeet, Flynn, Hill and Twill?

I notice Thabeet has had some productive games this year. I know, anything would be an improvement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We lost the game because of Roy Hibbert and George Hill.

Every single time we ran an iso for Roy was just an utter waste of time. 5-18? Are you serious? Even Jermaine O'Neal on bum knees and 20 lbs. overweight in his last two years with the Pacers thinks that is a bad shooting night.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Thabeet, Flynn, Hill and Twill?

Lets not forget Jordan Hill was Walsh's pick for the Knicks. I absolutely don't want Walsh choosing this years pick. I'd rather Pritchard didn't either. I just don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about their abilities to pick the right player. If this team plays themselves out of the lottery, I feel this is going to be a critical draft for the Pacers. JMOAA

You have to admire what Tim Duncan is doing at age 36. He's averaging 18.5 pts 10.9 boards with a 51.7 FG%. One of the best ever.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

There are about 6 or 7 other Players taken AFTER Hansbrough that I'd take or even consider

That's in the 1st round and not even in the 2nd round.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I notice Thabeet has had some productive games this year. I know, anything would be an improvement.
    Fans in Indiana would have run Thabeet right out of team. They have no patience to wait for a player to develop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We lost the game because of Roy Hibbert and George Hill.

Every single time we ran an iso for Roy was just an utter waste of time. 5-18? Are you serious? Even Jermaine O'Neal on bum knees and 20 lbs. overweight in his last two years with the Pacers thinks that is a bad shooting night.

Have you noticed JO's last 2 games stats this week??

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Lets not forget Jordan Hill was Walsh's pick for the Knicks. I absolutely don't want Walsh choosing this years pick. I'd rather Pritchard didn't either. I just don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about their abilities to pick the right player. If this team plays themselves out of the lottery, I feel this is going to be a critical draft for the Pacers. JMOAA

Maybe they can hire Bird as draft consultant.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Sam Young is the new Posey.
    He's to young and not paid enough to be Posey.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Maybe they can hire Bird as draft consultant.
    He was the consultant last draft no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Sam Young has been okay lately, but Vogel's been pulling Lance WAY too often for him. Frank really loves him some hustle players with little basketball skills.
    I'd rather see a nine man rotation, personally, so guys can get into a better rhythm. Even though at this point I think Sam helps us more, I'd bench him and spread his minutes around to the other guys and hope playing a consistent 20+ minutes for a couple weeks helps Green and DJ get more comfortable on the court. We really need those guys to be the players we thought they were when we signed them. They've shown flashes of it, but there's been no consistency.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Why did Hibbert disappoint? He had a double-double with a couple of blocked shots against one of the premier big men in the game. Did you think Hibbert was going to transform into a 20 ppg 15 rebounds per game type of player just because he signed a big contract?
    Because he shot terribly once again and missed some key shots(which one of them was also a terrible decision making) at the end of the game.As for the contract extension,you typically expect from your max contract to return with such figures but no i didn't expect that in Hibbert's case.FO has to take the blame.Still it's just mad and infuriating watching a highly paid player being so poor on offense.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

... and he was pitiful defensively. What were you watching Ol Blu?

I'm starting to think you don't even watch the games.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    He's to young and not paid enough to be Posey.
    And he actually plays defense. Not to mention Only 50% or so of Sam's FGA are coming from beyond the arc (in comparision, Posey attempted literally something like 90% of his FGA behind the 3 point line).......
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

He was the consultant last draft no thank you.

He did fairly well with the drafts before that. Way to early to tell about last years draft.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Jeff Foster looked like a bust the first couple of years.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

The hate that Miles get is completely irrational.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Don't believe I've seen it mentioned but every player on the bench had a positive +/- while every starter had a -. Has to be the first time that's happened this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The hate that Miles get is completely irrational.
    I don't think so. There were better prospects on the board and the Pacers decided to get a clone of Foster. Foster was a fine player, but in no way should you go into a draft looking for a guy that was like a previous player. If so, why shoot so low with a Foster clone. Last year there was a great rebounder that was compared to Dennis Rodman in Kenneth Faried. Why not make a trade for that guy. Could have easily traded this year's pick for a pick last year and gotten a much better player. And I really wanted Faried or Brooks from last year's draft.

It's just ridiculous the reason they drafted this guy.

Moultrie
    PJIII
    Teague
    Crowder
    Ezeli
    Taylor
    Quincy Miller

All better prospects than Plumlee. Not saying Plumlee can't become a decent player, or the other guys will certainly pan out. The idea of drafting a 25 yr old rookie that isn't even going to be ready to play for another year to two years makes me vomit in my mouth a little. Are you *****ing kidding me?

If you want to sit a guy, draft a guy like PJIII and let him sit for a few years. If anything, trade the pick and move down a few slots to take him. No one was going to take him that high, not for a career backup in college, the Pacers got scared.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    And he actually plays defense. Not to mention Only 50% or so of Sam's FGA are coming from beyond the arc (in comparision, Posey attempted literally something like 90% of his FGA behind the 3 point line).......
    88% of his shots came from 3 that year. This seems almost impossible.

More fun facts - his high mark was 90% of his shots (18 of 20) after 5 games, he then dropped 4 non 3PAs vs Houston which was the most non-3PAs he took all season. This moved him back down to only 81%. He took more than 1 2PA in only 4 games (4, 3, 2, 2) out of 49 played. He had 7 games where he took at least 7 3PAs. He took at least 4 3PA in 35 games which is 71% of his outings.

And he had only 1 game in which he shot more than 2 FTAs (3) and only 6 where he shot more than 1 FTA.

The good news - he was killing them with a brilliant 31% make rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I don't think so. There were better prospects on the board and the Pacers decided to get a clone of Foster. Foster was a fine player, but in no way should you go into a draft looking for a guy that was like a previous player. If so, why shoot so low with a Foster clone. Last year there was a great rebounder that was compared to Dennis Rodman in Kenneth Faried. Why not make a trade for that guy. Could have easily traded this year's pick for a pick last year and gotten a much better player. And I really wanted Faried or Brooks from last year's draft.

It's just ridiculous the reason they drafted this guy.

Moultrie
    PJIII
    Teague
    Crowder
    Ezeli
    Taylor
    Quincy Miller

All better prospects than Plumlee. Not saying Plumlee can't become a decent player, or the other guys will certainly pan out. The idea of drafting a 25 yr old rookie that isn't even going to be ready to play for another year to two years makes me vomit in my mouth a little. Are you *****ing kidding me?

If you want to sit a guy, draft a guy like PJIII and let him sit for a few years. If anything, trade the pick and move down a few slots to take him. No one was going to take him that high, not for a career backup in college, the Pacers got scared.
    What makes it so bad was that there didn't seem to be a plan. We drafted Plumlee, then went nd trades DC for Mahinmi. I understand we may not have wanted a rookie in the rotation, but when there're players available that have the potential to be future starters, then why not allow a rookie to play a minimum role on a veteran playoff team.

Also, the late first round draft pick is the BEST time to swing for the fences. If we miss, why not miss big? Instead we got a guy who will AT BEST be a quality 3rd big. Just not smart

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

the plan was to draft a guy that would be a 10 year rotation guy with an elite skill. not bad for a late pick. Now we'll wait and see if the plan works. To say that there didn't seem to be a plan is not paying attention. Disagree with the plan if you want. But there was a plan.

Speculating. The Pacers want to have Plumlee take the backup 4 next season. Assuming that Tyler will either not play well enough to bring back or play too well to afford bringing back. The games at Ft Wayne would indicate that Plumlee has the potential to score. Since the player he kept getting compared to is Jeff Foster, I speculate the Pacers see him as Jeff Foster with a jump shot and a guy that can score well enough to require guarding. If he does turn out to be Jeff Foster with a jump shot, it will be a very successful pick. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    What makes it so bad was that there didn't seem to be a plan. We drafted Plumlee, then went nd trades DC for Mahinmi. I understand we may not have wanted a rookie in the rotation, but when there're players available that have the potential to be future starters, then why not allow a rookie to play a minimum role on a veteran playoff team.

Also, the late first round draft pick is the BEST time to swing for the fences. If we miss, why not miss big? Instead we got a guy who will AT BEST be a quality 3rd big. Just not smart