Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

Banned

Default Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

Good game by the Pacers, they looked decent for must of the game, the Spurs are just too good of a team.

Go Pacers!!!

Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

I know Hibbert/West/bench in 2nd half will get a lot of blame for the loss, and I'm not saying they don't deserve some. But Paul George deserves the vast majority of blame for that Spurs comeback. My goodness, he looked like a powder puff player out there. Lazy passes, sloppy handles, bad shots, lost on defense or just not trying...it was pathetic. I was openly advocating for Vogel to yank him, his effort was SO BAD on both ends of the court during that Spurs comeback.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would have been nice to maintain that 3rd quarter lead but I'm not disappointed we lost. Our bench played better this game with DJ looking much improved. Lance was phenomenal and I'm hoping someone makes a .gif of his ankle breaker on Parker.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:

That was so depressing. When Vogel took West and Lance out, the team just changed out there.

And the last 5 minutes were just brutal.

Loss is on Vogel and Hibbert.

I'm sorry, but this is just as worse as getting blown out. They were up double digits and in a matter of just minutes it was gone. Just inexcusable. Spurs are good, but the Pacers choked away a win. *sigh*
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

This hurts.

What is the deal with Vogel and Lance. He yo-yos the kid around like crazy and Lance brings so much energy to the team. You can see they play better when he's out there. I don't understand that one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I knew the game was over when pacers were up 7 and green hits that 3 then steals the ball from paul and scores again.
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy had a mismatch with Diaw and still couldn't hit a hook shot!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

19 offensive rebounds and I swear they missed every 2nd chance effort.

Just so many blown opportunities. This loss really hurts.

The bench played pretty damn good today too. The starters were the ones that really lost this. DJ was quite good, his best game yet.

Got a 7'2" guy making max money shooting under 40% on the season. The fact we were even competitive is sorta impressive. 5-18.

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While no one can defend that hook shot, Roy really needs to add more dimensions to his post game to get better shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Got a 7'2" guy making max money shooting under 40% on the season. The fact we were even competitive is sorta impressive. 5-18.
    He's also allergic to dunking

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I know Hibbert/West/bench in 2nd half will get a lot of blame for the loss, and I'm not saying they don't deserve some. But Paul George deserves the vast majority of blame for that Spurs comeback. My goodness, he looked like a powder puff player out there. Lazy passes, sloppy handles, bad shots, lost on defense or just not trying...it was pathetic. I was openly advocating for Vogel to yank him, his effort was SO BAD on both ends of the court during that Spurs comeback.
    Dr.Hibbert, Roy Hibbert is the reason the Pacers lost, again. He got outplayed, again. He shot well under 40%, again. He took terrible hook shots that were often way off the mark (a few airballs even) again. He took way too many shots in general, again. The one thing I'll give him is his passing was pretty solid.

I suppose I could blame Vogel for giving the ball to Hibbert and West, but I'd rather just blame the guy who airballed a 2 foot hook shot.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    The book is out on Roy by now. Players like Diaw give Roy trouble because they use their strong base to shove Roy off balance underneath and force him farther away from where he wants to catch it to be effective. Roy's height gets negated when you get in his head and make him uncomfortable.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Vogel's solution was to yank Lance, not Paul, and to make sure Lance had nothing to do with the offense until such time as he was yanked. That was his reward for leading us to a 17 point lead in the third.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    While no one can defend that hook shot, Roy really needs to add more dimensions to his post game to get better shots.
    Roy defends it pretty well.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Look, the way we lost was disappointing. But this was still the best game for the season for our team. The offensive flow was gorgeous and frankly the D was solid. Not a lot of defensive lapses there. Conceding 104 points is never good D but then again it was the Spurs. Most teams won't make those shots (especially the ones that Manu did).

Before the game, I didn't expect a win. I expected a loss but I wanted a good performance. Especially by Paul George and Roy Hibbert. Paul had a good game. Not a spectacular one and he had some mistakes that cost us but he was better. He seems to be getting out of his slump slowly. Roy, on the other hand, was not as good. He had a legit double-double and 2 blocks but his 5 / 18 shooting was a big reason we lost. Still, I think that he should earn some more trips to the line. The refs were a bit too lenient on Duncan.

At the end of the day, I'm encouraged by this game. I'd love a win but I'll take the good performance and be happy. The Spurs were one of the few teams we didn't beat last year and I didn't really expect us to do it now while we're struggling without Danny.

I just hope that the way we lost this game is not going to send Roy Hibbert or Paul George in another slump. Roy will probably be blaming himself for this loss (and frankly, he'd be right to do so) and I just hope that this is not going to send him back into his slump.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. All in all, things looked better today.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we openly recognize Vogel isn't a good coach? He was trained by the dumbest coach of all time and its starting to show.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We really, really missed Danny in the 4th.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    I knew the game was over when pacers were up 7 and green hits that 3 then steals the ball from paul and scores again.
    I knew this game was over when the game started but that's just me

In other observations, George Hill has really lost his shot and his confidence. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it would help if he focused more on penetrating and using that pretty floater and let Lance/PG/Green hit the outside shots. The only guy he seems to set up outside the paint is West. I'm not sure why he loses his man so easily on defense. His struggles + Augustin's improved play are why Vogel brought Augustin in late.

Also, Augustin's problem on defense is that he fights through the screen every single time. Steve Nash tries to do this too, and it's not always good idea when you're naturally at an athletic disadvantage versus your opponents. Sometimes it works, because he's small, but he needs to anticipate better and go under the screen (and this means teammates have to call out the screen).

David West doesn't even try against slashers. His on the ball defense is okay, but as soon as a guy makes a move, he just stops and stares.

Gerald Green has a much higher bball IQ on offense than he does on defense. He's pretty smart with his play on offense and his vision is surprisingly decent. He doesn't hog the ball but to his detriment; he probably should be a little more aggressive.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

It was good to see Augustin have an impact tonight. If he plays like that for 13 more straight so I can say he's played well for half of the season, then I'll let up on saying what a bad pick up he was. For all the flack Tyler gets on here, he's played his butt off consistantly this year and I'm really happy out of what we're getting from our PF position. I'd be happy if we kept Tyler and West together after this year and I don't think either player will break the bank.
    Good effort for the most part tonight, just a let down in the 4th. Great teams like the Spurs don't let down like that and we're not on their level without Granger.

Roy needs to hit a treadmill, and not just for walking this time.

He had no stamina tonight. I think he was out of breath on the 2nd or 3rd trip downcourt. He was laboring across halfcourt a bit after all of the other players.
    Last edited by imawhat; 11-23-2012 at 11:58 PM.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

At least there was this:

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked