Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 103

Thread: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Good game by the Pacers, they looked decent for must of the game, the Spurs are just too good of a team.

    Go Pacers!!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I know Hibbert/West/bench in 2nd half will get a lot of blame for the loss, and I'm not saying they don't deserve some. But Paul George deserves the vast majority of blame for that Spurs comeback. My goodness, he looked like a powder puff player out there. Lazy passes, sloppy handles, bad shots, lost on defense or just not trying...it was pathetic. I was openly advocating for Vogel to yank him, his effort was SO BAD on both ends of the court during that Spurs comeback.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Hibbert/West/bench in 2nd half will get a lot of blame for the loss, and I'm not saying they don't deserve some. But Paul George deserves the vast majority of blame for that Spurs comeback. My goodness, he looked like a powder puff player out there. Lazy passes, sloppy handles, bad shots, lost on defense or just not trying...it was pathetic. I was openly advocating for Vogel to yank him, his effort was SO BAD on both ends of the court during that Spurs comeback.
    Dr.Hibbert, Roy Hibbert is the reason the Pacers lost, again. He got outplayed, again. He shot well under 40%, again. He took terrible hook shots that were often way off the mark (a few airballs even) again. He took way too many shots in general, again. The one thing I'll give him is his passing was pretty solid.

    I suppose I could blame Vogel for giving the ball to Hibbert and West, but I'd rather just blame the guy who airballed a 2 foot hook shot.

  4. #4
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Hibbert/West/bench in 2nd half will get a lot of blame for the loss, and I'm not saying they don't deserve some. But Paul George deserves the vast majority of blame for that Spurs comeback. My goodness, he looked like a powder puff player out there. Lazy passes, sloppy handles, bad shots, lost on defense or just not trying...it was pathetic. I was openly advocating for Vogel to yank him, his effort was SO BAD on both ends of the court during that Spurs comeback.
    Vogel's solution was to yank Lance, not Paul, and to make sure Lance had nothing to do with the offense until such time as he was yanked. That was his reward for leading us to a 17 point lead in the third.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess so
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess s
    Roy is never going to be a 20/10 guy.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,920

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess so
    I hate this whole max thing like Roy is making the same as Kobe or someone, when in reality he makes more or less the same as Granger this year and next. A max contract is a relative term. Roy's max is less than a 20/10 guy should make. While he still isn't living up to his contract, he isn't and shouldn't be expected to be a 20/10 guy.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,030

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate this whole max thing like Roy is making the same as Kobe or someone, when in reality he makes more or less the same as Granger this year and next. A max contract is a relative term. Roy's max is less than a 20/10 guy should make. While he still isn't living up to his contract, he isn't and shouldn't be expected to be a 20/10 guy.
    I agree with your point that not all max contracts are created equal, but I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for your 7'2 guy making on average ~15 mil the next 4 to have 20/10 say, I don't know, (pulls number out of ***) maybe like 25% of the time. Roy's working on 8% or so this year.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 20 ppg and 10 rpg too much to ask from the max contract player? I guess so
    It would depend entirely on who the player is and what their game is.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member eric1516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    It would have been nice to maintain that 3rd quarter lead but I'm not disappointed we lost. Our bench played better this game with DJ looking much improved. Lance was phenomenal and I'm hoping someone makes a .gif of his ankle breaker on Parker.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    That was so depressing. When Vogel took West and Lance out, the team just changed out there.

    And the last 5 minutes were just brutal.

    Loss is on Vogel and Hibbert.

    I'm sorry, but this is just as worse as getting blown out. They were up double digits and in a matter of just minutes it was gone. Just inexcusable. Spurs are good, but the Pacers choked away a win. *sigh*
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  18. #12

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    This hurts.

  19. #13
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    What is the deal with Vogel and Lance. He yo-yos the kid around like crazy and Lance brings so much energy to the team. You can see they play better when he's out there. I don't understand that one.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  20. #14
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    I knew the game was over when pacers were up 7 and green hits that 3 then steals the ball from paul and scores again.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew the game was over when pacers were up 7 and green hits that 3 then steals the ball from paul and scores again.
    I knew this game was over when the game started but that's just me

  23. #16
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Roy had a mismatch with Diaw and still couldn't hit a hook shot!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,920

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy had a mismatch with Diaw and still couldn't hit a hook shot!
    While no one can defend that hook shot, Roy really needs to add more dimensions to his post game to get better shots.

  26. #18
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While no one can defend that hook shot, Roy really needs to add more dimensions to his post game to get better shots.
    Roy defends it pretty well.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,282

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy had a mismatch with Diaw and still couldn't hit a hook shot!
    The book is out on Roy by now. Players like Diaw give Roy trouble because they use their strong base to shove Roy off balance underneath and force him farther away from where he wants to catch it to be effective. Roy's height gets negated when you get in his head and make him uncomfortable.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


  30. #20
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    19 offensive rebounds and I swear they missed every 2nd chance effort.

    Just so many blown opportunities. This loss really hurts.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  31. #21

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    In other observations, George Hill has really lost his shot and his confidence. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it would help if he focused more on penetrating and using that pretty floater and let Lance/PG/Green hit the outside shots. The only guy he seems to set up outside the paint is West. I'm not sure why he loses his man so easily on defense. His struggles + Augustin's improved play are why Vogel brought Augustin in late.

    Also, Augustin's problem on defense is that he fights through the screen every single time. Steve Nash tries to do this too, and it's not always good idea when you're naturally at an athletic disadvantage versus your opponents. Sometimes it works, because he's small, but he needs to anticipate better and go under the screen (and this means teammates have to call out the screen).


    David West doesn't even try against slashers. His on the ball defense is okay, but as soon as a guy makes a move, he just stops and stares.

    Gerald Green has a much higher bball IQ on offense than he does on defense. He's pretty smart with his play on offense and his vision is surprisingly decent. He doesn't hog the ball but to his detriment; he probably should be a little more aggressive.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,806

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Fact: Hibbert looked good when Lance was on the floor. Why? Because Lance cuts to the basket creating passing lanes and drawing Hibbert's cover. If I can figure that out, I don't understand why Frank can't.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,973

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fact: Hibbert looked good when Lance was on the floor. Why? Because Lance cuts to the basket creating passing lanes and drawing Hibbert's cover. If I can figure that out, I don't understand why Frank can't.
    Lance does open up the court because he's capable of juking people to the point he gets by them and strong enough to carry them on his hip...and gifted enough to dish to the open man when the defense collapses. Given more experience with the other guys and in games against starters, he may become a handful.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    The bench played pretty damn good today too. The starters were the ones that really lost this. DJ was quite good, his best game yet.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  38. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Pacers/San Antonio postgame thread.

    Got a 7'2" guy making max money shooting under 40% on the season. The fact we were even competitive is sorta impressive. 5-18.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  3. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
  5. Pacers vs Sonics postgame thread
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •