Thread: LP Broadband question

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default LP Broadband question

What time will I be able to watch the archived Spurs-Pacers game tonight?

By halftime? Not until 11 pm or 1 am or something? Not until the next day? Anybody know how it works?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: LP Broadband question

u an start watching the game anytime after tip-off, it will always start at the beginning, unles u tell it to go live
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I believe that If it's not on nationally and not blacked out, you can watch it anytime from the moment it has started and it is immediately available once the game is finished.

I've gotten home just after a game ending and it allowed me to start watching it from the beginning. If any part of the game is still airing, it will pickup at the point the broadcast is on but if it is over it will just start at the beginning.

If its blacked out, I'm not sure. Early this year, the Charlotte game was blacked out and I watched it the next day at 8:00 in the morning (the wife was not thrilled).

Just curious, being in Chattanooga, do you have all games against Charlotte, Memphis and Atlanta blacked out... In Knoxville they are which I found pretty irritating. I can understand Memphis because it is our states NBA team (though most people won't claim them) and I kind of understand Atlanta but Charlotte is pretty far away to black I out in Knoxville.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jbx225 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

As a note to my comment... I don't watch it on a computer, I watch it through my Apple TV so I am assuming that the same rules would apply across all League Pass Broadband options.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbx225 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that If it's not on nationally and not blacked out, you can watch it anytime from the moment it has started and it is immediately available once the game is finished.

I've gotten home just after a game ending and it allowed me to start watching it from the beginning. If any part of the game is still airing, it will pickup at the point the broadcast is on but if it is over it will just start at the beginning.

If its blacked out, I'm not sure. Early this year, the Charlotte game was blacked out and I watched it the next day at 8:00 in the morning (the wife was not thrilled).

Just curious, being in Chattanooga, do you have all games against Charlotte, Memphis and Atlanta blacked out... In Knoxville they are which I found pretty irritating. I can understand Memphis because it is our states NBA team (though most people won't claim them) and I kind of understand Atlanta but Charlotte is pretty far away to black I out in Knoxville.
    In terms of if you can watch it from the beginning if you start mid-game, you and able seem to have two theories. Guess I'll find out tonight.

jbx, I've been able to watch all the games. The recent game in Atlanta was not blocked out for me.

Nice to hear from a fellow East Tennessean.

(P.S. Why did the Vols hire a coach with a losing record? I never understood it from the day they announced his name.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You definitely can start watching from the beginning after the game is in progress. 9 times out of 10 it will start you at the beginning even though the game may be in, say, the third quarter. Every once in awhile it puts you live, in which case you just pull the slider back to the beginning to watch from the start.

One thing that sometimes happens when you are watching a game that is in progress but you're behind the live feed - sometimes, when the game ends and it's being archived it'll kick you out of watching it. Then you have to wait until the archive process is complete to resume watching. Good news is it usually remembers where you were in the game and picks up from there.

Another note on archiving. Usually the game is available quickly, but it's not always instantly so. For example, I tried to watch the New Orleans game about 10 minutes after it ended. It was marked "archiving" so I couldn't get it to start. It remained that way for another 20-25 minutes, so I had to wait.

Edit: The above applies to League Pass Broadband. I've had the TV version before and unfortunately, just to complicate things, there are differences.
    Last edited by gummy; 11-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."