Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep I've been watching Vasquez since college and I wanted him to be drafted in the first round but no by the Pacers, I knew he was going to come to a team that doesn't help point guards, I bet he looks like garbage here.

Memphis was not the right place for him either, I'm glad he ended up in New Orleans, I expected him to be good but not this good, he is a pretty damn good floor general, he is the one that makes that offense moves, Vasquez is so good that he has made Aminu a serviceable player.
    Aminu's defense and especially rebounding s what has made him a serviceable player not Vasquez. Aminu is one of the best if not the best rebounder at the SF position in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Aminu's defense and especially rebounding s what has made him a serviceable player not Vasquez. Aminu is one of the best if not the best rebounder at the SF position in the league.
    You are talking about two areas in the game were nobody gives a damn about(see Paul George) I meant offensively, Vasquez helps Aminu get easy baskets and easy dunks, since getting drafted Aminu has looked like bust written all over, now with Vasquez he looks like a pretty good serviceable player that not only can rebound and play D but can also score some.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You are talking about two areas in the game were nobody gives a damn about(see Paul George) I meant offensively, Vasquez helps Aminu get easy baskets and easy dunks, since getting drafted Aminu has looked like bust written all over, now with Vasquez he looks like a pretty good serviceable player that not only can rebound and play D but can also score some.
    Im talking about 2 areas of the game that win you ball games. Im sure Monty Williams love what Aminu brings to his team on the boards and on the defensive end. But you are right fans dont appreciate it like they do other areas of the game. Ala all the fans *****ing about Brandon Rush's game for example.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Banned

Im talking about 2 areas of the game that win you ball games. Im sure Monty Williams love what Aminu brings to his team on the boards and on the defensive end. But you are right fans dont appreciate it like they do other areas of the game. Ala all the fans *****ing about Brandon Rush's game for example.
    Yeah we both agree that you don't have to be an offensive machine to be effective, I rather have somebody that plays shut down D, rebounds at a high rate and scores 15ppg than somebody that scores 20ppg doesn't play D and doesn't rebound as well.

And regarding Aminu to be fair he looked like garbage in the previous two years, making people call him a bust.

Sports Logo

Yep I've been watching Vasquez since college and I wanted him to be drafted in the first round but no by the Pacers, I knew he was going to come to a team that doesn't help point guards, I bet he looks like garbage here.

Memphis was not the right place for him either, I'm glad he ended up in New Orleans, I expected him to be good but not this good, he is a pretty damn good floor general, he is the one that makes that offense moves, Vasquez is so good that he has made Aminu a serviceable player.
    Those 2 points are quite interesting since several Hornets fans seem to disagree.

Here's a link to their game thread for the Pacers game -> http://www.hornetsreport.com/showthr...rs-6-00-PM-CST

Several people whined about their bad offense, Vasquez's playmaking ability and Aminu's defense.

Granted, most of it seemed like knee-jerk reactions (quite similar to the ones we often have here) but there is a valid point about Aminu's defense on Paul George. He left him a lot of times wide open for 3s.

It gives some good perspective about how we approach a player's performance given which team we support. The grass always seems greener on the other side

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: