Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

  1. #26
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Vogel has gotten a lot better with the rotations recently. Tonight was pretty damn good, although the bench still kinda screwed us at the beginning of the 4th. But its good to see Vogel learning from his mistakes.

  2. #27
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,272

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still agree. He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.

    But people think with their emotions not their rationality. Nevertheless I will enjoy the performance. Nice job Paul.
    I disagree, PG by himself won't get much.

    The only way he has value is as part of a package for a legit All-Star/Star player.

  3. #28
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Paul George getting 37 points and a Pacer record 9 3's is fantastic, However to my knowledge Hibbert is only the 2nd Pacer EVER! to record a triple double with blocked shots, point and rebounds! Quinn and Chris really glossed over this tremendous accomplishment! Way to go Big Roy!!!!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George getting 37 points and a Pacer record 9 3's is fantastic, However to my knowledge Hibbert is only the 2nd Pacer EVER! to record a triple double with blocked shots, point and rebounds! Quinn and Chris really glossed over this tremendous accomplishment! Way to go Big Roy!!!!
    who is the other?

  6. #30
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,272

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel has gotten a lot better with the rotations recently. Tonight was pretty damn good, although the bench still kinda screwed us at the beginning of the 4th. But its good to see Vogel learning from his mistakes.
    I still don't like seeing Sam Young play. He plays great for 10 minutes, then disappears for 200 - however, Vogel just remembers those 10 minutes.

    He has a high motor, which I love - but he doesn't do anything on the court all that well aside from hustling.

  7. #31
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who is the other?
    Jermaine did it once also.

  8. #32
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Aargh - wasn't able to watch live and the game hasn't been archived yet! Looking forward to it though!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  9. #33
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Somewhere, John Starks is watching a tv and asking "Did dis dude just do dis?".
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  11. #34
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I should have used the green
    I know you were kidding. I was just playing.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    play harder! focused444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    610
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    I'm probably reading too much into this but... Paul George was overwhelmed in his post game interview with Brooke, at a loss for words kinda. It seemed like he was just a young kid who was semi-uncomfortable with a sideline interview in that moment. What does this mean? Maybe nothing. It reminded me that despite watching Paul play a few seasons, he's still a puppy. For example, David West would never be rattled in a post game interview, especially at this point in his career. When we see Paul become fully mentally comfortable in the moment, whether it's games, interviews, etc... He will become more of what we see he can be.

    Or maybe I'm insane...

    On the game tonight. The Hornets were calling this a must win apparently, wanting to end their losing streak tonight. Hungry teams are always dangerous. Just like the winless Wizards were. Definitely happy with the two wins. San Antonio always looks daunting on the schedule, really never changes.

    Jason Smith is a cheap shot artist.

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  17. #37

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Fun game to watch and PG was amazing! Loved it. This could very well be a turning point for the season if we don't regress back to the scared PG and mentally weak Roy.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel has gotten a lot better with the rotations recently. Tonight was pretty damn good, although the bench still kinda screwed us at the beginning of the 4th. But its good to see Vogel learning from his mistakes.
    I missed the game tonight due to traveling purposes. What did the rotations look like tonight?

  19. #39

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    I listened to most of this game... and will probably miss the SA game... Paul keeps giving us flashes... I think win against SA would be a turning point.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  20. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember, PG's trade value will never be any higher
    Well, technically what Peck says is true.....PG's trade value will never be any higher......putting up these #s would help solidify the statement. But just because the statement is true, it doesn't mean that it will happen.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  22. #41
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm optimistic but we have to play San Antonio again and we ALWAYS have trouble with their ball-movement. With Stephen Jackson being out we might have a shot though.
    SJax not playing means very little to a Team like the Spurs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #42
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,220

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Do they not give Lance an assist when he set up Paul for three? If so, Lance should have had about ten assists instead of five.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  24. #43
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,098

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    If Paul follows up with a couple more performances in the 30ppg range, I think it will be time to forget about trading him. But those performances should be in the next two weeks or this is officially a fluke. If he goes back to scoring in the low teens, for the rest of the year, I think we know what we have.

  25. #44
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,824

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.
    This isn't fantasy basketball or a video game.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  27. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still agree. He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.

    But people think with their emotions not their rationality. Nevertheless I will enjoy the performance. Nice job Paul.
    Why would you want to trade the teams best player? What do you think you could get for him to make that worthwhile? This team is adjusting and it will start to win. No, they won't win 60 games as some predicted and they won't win 55 games either. They probably won't win 50 games but they will get to the mid-forties and make the playoffs. What more do you expect from a small market team with no superstars and no real hope of getting one?

  28. #46

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Wish we had a backup point like Vasquez! I love his game. So smooth with the ball. I think he could be a solid starter on a playoff team.

    YOU AND ME BOTH!

    I liked Vasquez in the 010 draft, and for a #28 pick he's turning out well. He's got great size for a PG, looks to pass, and makes his team mates better players.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  30. #47
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now if PG has a bad game next everybodys gonna want him traded

    I am still very concerened about our PG's Hill and DJ. Hoping Hill is playing through injury and will heal and DJ needs to time comfortable
    Hill had a great floor game? 16 5 and 6 with pretty good D.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  32. #48

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    15/7/3 now for Paul after his big game. He's averaging more assists and rebounds than Danny ever has while shooting a higher efg% than Danny finished the last 2 seasons with. Not bad for a guy that even a fanboy like me can admit has played soft and disappointing at times early on this season. Considering he's the same age Danny was when he entered the league 7 years ago, I'd like to keep him for a while to see how this thing plays out.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  34. #49
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,220

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    15/7/3 now for Paul after his big game. He's averaging more assists and rebounds than Danny ever has while shooting a higher efg% than Danny finished the last 2 seasons with. Not bad for a guy that even a fanboy like me can admit has played soft and disappointing at times early on this season. Considering he's the same age Danny was when he entered the league 7 years ago, I'd like to keep him for a while to see how this thing plays out.
    That does help with some perspective. I'm not a big PG fanboy right now, but I remember Danny's first couple years in the league and he also didn't seem to look like anything special on the offensive end.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  36. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YOU AND ME BOTH!

    I liked Vasquez in the 010 draft, and for a #28 pick he's turning out well. He's got great size for a PG, looks to pass, and makes his team mates better players.
    Yep I've been watching Vasquez since college and I wanted him to be drafted in the first round but no by the Pacers, I knew he was going to come to a team that doesn't help point guards, I bet he looks like garbage here.

    Memphis was not the right place for him either, I'm glad he ended up in New Orleans, I expected him to be good but not this good, he is a pretty damn good floor general, he is the one that makes that offense moves, Vasquez is so good that he has made Aminu a serviceable player.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
  3. Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread (02/21/12)
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
  4. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
  5. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •