Thread: We Have To Be The Worst Passing Team In The NBA....

Default We Have To Be The Worst Passing Team In The NBA....

Seriously....except for Lance, nobody on this team can properly execute a fast break...Every time we're on the break, I just know its gonna either end in disaster or we'll just slow up and run one of our favorite halfcourt plays, pick and roll with Hill and West or West ISO, lol. Nobody makes a decent pass to cutters and nobody can throw a decent entry pass into the post. I'm starting to think that Hibbert is the second best passer on the team. I know Hill had 10 assists tonight but I swear I must have missed half of them. I don't know how he ended up with 10 assists. Very low IQ team, very frustrating...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: We Have To Be The Worst Passing Team In The NBA....

The Pacers were one of the worse passing teams in the league last year. They didn't make any upgrades in that area so I'm not surprised.

I think you're giving Lance too much credit though. He still makes a bad pass or two each game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just looked it up and the Pacers are tied at 26th with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I expect the Cavs to go up a notch or two now that Kyrie is back after missing 11 games. The 3 teams below us are Charlotte, Portland, and Sacramento.

That saddens me but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. A surprising and odd stat is that they are dead last, ranked 30th, in forcing turnovers. They only force 12.3 turnovers per game. No other team in the league forces less than 13 per game. I don't know what to make of that. Considering how good they are at every other facet of Defense, this surprises me.

It isn't passing that is the problem on fast breaks but decision making. George and Hill are capable of making nice passes in the fast break.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just looked it up and the Pacers are tied at 26th with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I expect the Cavs to go up a notch or two now that Kyrie is back after missing 11 games. The 3 teams below us are Charlotte, Portland, and Sacramento.

That saddens me but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. A surprising and odd stat is that they are dead last, ranked 30th, in forcing turnovers. They only force 12.3 turnovers per game. No other team in the league forces less than 13 per game. I don't know what to make of that. Considering how good they are at every other facet of Defense, this surprises me.
    Probably a pace thing. Also a lot of times poor defenders tend to be more willing to go for the steal with contributes to being a poor defender when they don't make it, but it boosts their steals. So while they create more turnovers, they are also playing worse defense overall.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Paul George is terrible on the fast break. Even when it's one on one. With is athleticism he should be able to finish easily but he just doesn't. Frustrating because these kind of things are correctable.

I started this thread and it didn't get any replies..so I assumed you guys didnt care or thought I was being too harsh. I agree on Paul George...He is super frustrating to watch. I even tweeted him something like "explode when you get to the rim, stop that soft, eurostep crap". He gets to the rim and would rather finger roll than dunk. Green explodes when he gets to the rim and thats what I want Paul to do.

I still think all of our players are terrible in transition but I think Lance is the best. But part of his problem is that he doesnt seem to know whether to push it or hold it up and I think that falls on the coach.