Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They can still play together with Hill at the 2 till DG comes back...I wouldnt mind Hill being in at the end because hes the better clutch player...I feel like Lance is DYING to break out. You can see it everytime he gets a rebound. Everybody always saying we need a go to player who can create for himself and others and Lance is the only guy on the team with the skillset to do so...Not PG
    this. i cringe everytime we have an opportunity to fastbreak and Hill gets the outlet pass instead of Lance. Even if Hill is our guy, we should be looking for Lance first on the break IMO. He's so fun to watch and so much better than anybody else on the team in that situation.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Anybody else notice that Hill doesn't seem to like to pass Lance the ball?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    this. i cringe everytime we have an opportunity to fastbreak and Hill gets the outlet pass instead of Lance. Even if Hill is our guy, we should be looking for Lance first on the break IMO. He's so fun to watch and so much better than anybody else on the team in that situation.
    In the fast break we have no one better than Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I'm not gonna declare George Hill doesn't like to pass Lance the ball.................but there have definitely been times where I wonder why he didn't pass Lance the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'm not gonna declare George Hill doesn't like to pass Lance the ball.................but there have definitely been times where I wonder why he didn't pass Lance the ball.
    Yup. Me too. This team lacks an offensive game and their best chance of scoring is on the fast break. When Lance rebounds and beats everyone else down the court.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I don't know if that's fair. There have been times when I wanted Hill to pass to Lance, but I've seen the same for PG24. I think he's been told to prioritize the big men.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

J7F

I have no proof of this, but I get the feeling it's more like Hill/PG will run the play that Vogel calls no matter what, whereas Lance will get it to the guy in the best position to score no matter what. Hill is a system/structure guy (which is why he was the only one having success in the first week), and Lance is a playmaker.

here is my question, who has a better chance at being a star in this league, Lance Stephenson or Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    here is my question, who has a better chance at being a star in this league, Lance Stephenson or Paul George?
    Honestly, right now I would say Lance. He has the mindset to be a star. Paul doesn't have it yet.

Mood

If he isn't already, Lance must be pretty close to our best 'broken plays' creator. As such would like to see him as the preferred option late in the clock. The reason everyone gets excited when he has the ball in his hands is not solely because of his unpredictability and showmanship but his quality as a shot creator - either for himself or team mates. The downside is that he sometimes forces it, the upside is that he possess a raw but near unique skill-set for this roster as constructed.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Honestly, right now I would say Lance. He has the mindset to be a star. Paul doesn't have it yet.
    before Wenesday I would agree with you, but I want to wait until tomorrow night to answer that after Paul's 37 point preformance. I think Lance and Paul both have a shot at being a star, but it is close

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    If he isn't already, Lance must be pretty close to our best 'broken plays' creator. As such would like to see him as the preferred option late in the clock. The reason everyone gets excited when he has the ball in his hands is not solely because of his unpredictability and showmanship but his quality as a shot creator - either for himself or team mates. The downside is that he sometimes forces it, the upside is that he possess a raw but near unique skill-set for this roster as constructed.
    I agree, and though he will force it, he's been doing a heck of a job this year. His TOs (1.6 TOs on the year) aren't all that high considering the minutes he plays the how he creates. His assist to turnover ration isn't good, but I think that can improve with more time.

Hill and Lance together should make for a good pair since both are interchangeable.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's nothing wrong with having a two be the primary ballhandler on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    There's nothing wrong with having a two be the primary ballhandler on a team.
    You mean Hill or Lance? Cause I feel Lance's natural position is PG..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    His assist to turnover ration isn't good, but I think that can improve with more time.
    If only the other guys are making their shots, Lance should already be having multiple 6-10 assists per game at this point. There are a lot of times his feeds give open looks to others, unfortunately they are not going in. But I agree, it will improve as he plays more.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness

30 minutes after shootaround, @StephensonLance is still on the court, by himself, getting shots up. http://twitpic.com/bf67ui

https://twitter.com/i/#!/ScottAgness...c.com%2Fbf67ui

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness

30 minutes after shootaround, @StephensonLance is still on the court, by himself, getting shots up. http://twitpic.com/bf67ui

https://twitter.com/i/#!/ScottAgness...c.com%2Fbf67ui
    Props to Lance for growing up and knowing what it takes to be successful. His work is paying off and its showing in games.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    You mean Hill or Lance? Cause I feel Lance's natural position is PG..
    Lance. He's got SG size, matches up best defensively vs. SGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Why are we talking about Lance vs Hill when they play together so well? The real question is Lance vs DJ.
    This. I like Lance and GH together because they both can handle and have good vision. Both of them have speed and quickness on the defensive end. Putting a label on them means very little. Let them play together and figure out who brings the ball up and who triggers the offense, or just rotate those duties. Give it another 10 games and see where we are. I'm not sure Augustin is ever going to be able to run the second unit. He does look lost. Maybe when/if Danny comes back he can play with either Lance or PG at the 2 or even Danny at the backup 3 to give him a target to work with? Danny may have to take a backup minutes if the team is rolling by the time he comes back.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be happy as long as Lance is a permanent fixture in the starting lineup.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GeniusJMG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    Props to Lance for growing up and knowing what it takes to be successful. His work is paying off and its showing in games.

This is a really encouraging thing to see. He wants to get better and if this is his normal commitment I think he will
    reach his potential.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He can be our PG by playing at the "2" too.All you need is don't let Hill setting up the offense and let the clock wind down to 11 to initiate it.
    As for Lance,he's probably the only bright thing about our season.He still overhits some shots but all in all he has been very good.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 11-23-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Lance fits as a 6th man on this team or a starter with Granger out. In either case, he will be on the floor a lot with starters as long as he continues to develop.

I must say he has changed my opinion of him. Specifically his commitment to getting better, his ability to defend and his off court record. It's all been good and I will take my lumps for misjudging him.

Sports Logo

Guy's playing the best basketball of his life, by a gigantic margin, and we should screw with it. Gotta love message boards!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: