Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

  1. #1

    Default Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    This will help the offense. This team is too slow, and Lance is best on the team at pushing the ball. The problem is that he doesn't seem to know whether he should push it or slow it down and look at Frank. Frank needs to take the leash off this team and them run. I know West and Roy are slow but everyone else can run, and Hibbert does a decent job at getting up the court for a big man. Everyone on the bench can run and this will help DJ's game because right now he looks lost, like the rest of the team does most of the time.

    I know they aren't the best passing team and often don't convert when have they numbers in transition but this will help the team and it will give Lance more confidence. He's already showing confidence. Move Hill to the 2, Paul to the 3. When Granger comes back, move Hill to the bench. We'll have a big starting lineup on defense and lance moves his feet well enough on defense to stay with most PG's and he'll have PG and Hibbert to help him out. His weakness seems to be getting through screens so I don't think he'll have to chase as many PG's through screens like he does SG's, unless he's playing against a scoring one. Seriously, Lance is the only guy on the team who can make a decent post pass, lol.

    I'm not a die hard Lance supporter or anything, just a long time fan who is tired of seeing this team barely be able to score 90 points and give up 20 point leads to the Wizards. If West doesn't go into Beast mode, we may have given them their first win of the season. I honestly feel this way. Agree or disagree?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Disagree. I like the way the Pacers are using Lance. He is getting a chance to play with the starters. And some opportunity to play the point with Hill playing off the ball. He has a chance to learn and make mistakes without the pressure being the starting PG. The way the Pacers are doing it allows him to gradually get the chances to be a PG.

    Plus I like Hill. He's not the problem. If you want to make Lance a PG, then replace DJA.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Him playing with Hill allows both to be interchangeable. It doesn't really matter who has the title of "point guard" within our system.

    Plus as others have said, Hill is not the problem. I for one think he's been better THIS year with the ball in his hands, he's in a shooting slump right now. Till he breaks it, he does a good job getting to the rim with that floater, and to the FT line.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    The biggest problem with giving Lance too much control and free reign is when he gets too confident he tends to get himself in trouble. He really isn't ready to be a starter, especially as the PG. He still needs someone else to control when and where he gets the ball. Now if you wanted to make the argument he should replace Augustin as the back-up I will agree with you.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  9. #5

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't really matter who has the title of "point guard" within our system.
    But then how do we know who to blame for our pg woes. Pacer fans need to ***** about our pg. Its just our way.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    The real question is whether he should replace Paul George . . . especially when Granger returns.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  13. #7

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    An emphatic NO. I like the way Lance has come on this season as much as the next guy and am in love with his play with the starters, but for now if we start him at point and give him the keys to the team, it's not going to work. Him having the ball all the time increases the odds of him jacking up a bad shot. I agree with what Elazar said.

  14. #8
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,997

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Lance has always been best with the ball in his hands. I don't know if you want to call him a PG or SG, but it doesn't matter. The fact remains his passing ability and ability to penetrate and break down the defense is one of our best weapons. Normally that role is that of a PG...which is where his best position has always been.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,292

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I'd rather try to mold Lance into DC's off the bench sparkplug role. Lance is at his best in short bursts. Give him 15-20 minutes a game. If he's feeling it, keep riding him. If not, that's enough. The more you play him, the more his weaknesses start to hurt you. He gets overconfident with his shot, too loose with his handle and too sloppy with his passing.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real question is whether he should replace Paul George . . . especially when Granger returns.
    Paul doesn't have the aggressiveness to be a scorer off the bench. I think the 6th man role suits him the worst out of any player on the team

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul doesn't have the aggressiveness to be a scorer off the bench. I think the 6th man role suits him the worst out of any player on the team
    It's a question of who finishes, really. If we face Miami again in the playoffs, we can't afford to sit Lance at the end, or we will have the same non-existent offense as last year. Who sits if Lance plays? The only answer that makes sense to me is Paul George.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I see your point but who is guarding DWade/Bron if PG is sitting at the end? Two sides of the game, unless you want to sub/rotate the O & D.

  22. #13
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,548
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Lance has the least likelihood of causing damage to the offensive flow when he goes into street ball mode when playing with the second unit. His scoring would help there, and his poor decision making would have a lower overall impact due to the poor offensive play that the bench already exhibits to begin with.

  23. #14
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,174
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Yes..... while Danny's out give him a shot.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  25. #15

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I understand everybody's reasoning for saying no, but I think we should give him a chance. I mean, how much experience starting at PG did Hill have before he came here? None. I really think the boost in confidence would really help Lance focus more and really do his best. I don't think he would make some of the bad decisions that he has in the past because one reason he makes those bonehead decisions is because he's pressing trying to make things happen with the second unit. I don't think the pressure will increase much if at all because he has a lot of pressure now trying to make things happen. I just think he's been in the league long enough now that he would really embrace the opportunity. He was compared to Tyreke Evans but he can be better than him because Lance has better court vision. Just my opinion.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  27. #16

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I understand everyone's concerned still about Lance, but at what point do we take the kid gloves off him? He's been here going on 3 years now, he's paid his dues and should be treated like the rest of the players. If he's our best option at PG that's where he should be playing until Danny comes back. If he doesn't handle it well pull him like any other player.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's our best option at PG that's where he should be playing until Danny comes back.
    Ok, then I will make this easy to understand. He is not the best option at PG.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #18

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    He is IMO

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  33. #19

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, then I will make this easy to understand. He is not the best option at PG.
    Seriously. He's had a decent season so for. He's made huge jumps. Part of the reason for that is because we are playing him off ball.

    We've got to shooting guards who are starting because our only point guard shouldn't start. In that scenario, it's smarter to make the better of the two (and yes, the better of the two is Hill) the point.

  34. #20

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I was thinking about this yesterday that Stephenson should be the b/u PG. Augustin couldn't find his rear end with both hands with screaming neon lite pointing at it. He's abysmal! He doesn't know what to do or how to go about doing it. It's like he has never played BB and isn't sure what he's suppose to do.

    Stephenson should get the chance at being the b/u PG even if it's thru default.

  35. #21

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously. He's had a decent season so for. He's made huge jumps. Part of the reason for that is because we are playing him off ball.

    We've got to shooting guards who are starting because our only point guard shouldn't start. In that scenario, it's smarter to make the better of the two (and yes, the better of the two is Hill) the point.
    better all around player... i agree. better mentality... i agree. better PG skills... nope.

    Hill's the better SG between the two, and Lance is the most natural playmaker on the team. we have the worst offense in the league right now, why not try something different? It'll never happen though, since it seems we're committed to Hill being our PG.

    regardless what position he plays the coach and fans should quit treating him like a child. i think hes earned that.

  36. #22

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    better all around player... i agree. better mentality... i agree. better PG skills... nope.

    Hill's the better SG between the two, and Lance is the most natural playmaker on the team. we have the worst offense in the league right now, why not try something different? It'll never happen though, since it seems we're committed to Hill being our PG.

    regardless what position he plays the coach and fans should quit treating him like a child. i think hes earned that.
    I agree with this....

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    Why are we talking about Lance vs Hill when they play together so well? The real question is Lance vs DJ.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  40. #24

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    They can still play together with Hill at the 2 till DG comes back...I wouldnt mind Hill being in at the end because hes the better clutch player...I feel like Lance is DYING to break out. You can see it everytime he gets a rebound. Everybody always saying we need a go to player who can create for himself and others and Lance is the only guy on the team with the skillset to do so...Not PG

  41. #25

    Default Re: Start Lance At The Point....Please...

    I believe Lance should be handling the ball on offense. He is the best if not only playmaker the Pacers have. GH guard the pg position on defense.

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rimrattler For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Please Start George Hill at point guard
    By russkiy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 06:20 PM
  4. Replies: 176
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
  5. The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?
    By NaptownBound in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •