Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 318

Thread: This team needs to be blown up (OLD thread!! 2012)

  1. #226
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,894

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They sold out because they thought Manning was coming back and a lot of those tickets were sold before the season started so you are wrong.
    And the legend in your mind continues to grow.

  2. #227
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Let's be honest though. Going to a Colts/NFL game is much more fun for your average person than a Pacers/NBA game. There are tens of thousands more people in a venue that is a lot bigger. Women seem to get excited about the Colts/NFL, but I don't see near as many women wearing Pacers/NBA gear.

    Also, there are only 8 games and they are on Sundays when most people don't work. The Pacers OTOH have a bunch of weeknight games at 7 o'clock. If you're a casual fan who works downtown and lives in Carmel, then you're pretty much going to have to stay downtown for two hours after getting off at 5. You're certainly not going to drive all the way home because you're going to have to immediately get back into the car and head back downtown. So if you've been working all day, do you really want to hang around downtown for two hours after getting off, and then sit at a game until 9:30? By the time you get home at 10 or 10:30, you will have literally been gone for like 14 hours. That might not bother a diehard fan, but one can easily see where the 7 PM weeknight tipoff times are a turnoff for the casuals.

  3. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's fine to say the Pacers had a bad plan, but to act like they didn't spend? 58 million Roy Hibbert? 20 million on David West? 40 million on George Hill? The Pacers spent a lot of money and they did it on guys they thought could win, you disagree with that, but you are acting like they mislead you or something. They did no such thing.
    Oh yes they did, I can bring old interviews by Bird, "we are going to wait for 2011 to have expiring contracts so we can make deals for young players and picks from teams that need expirings" nothing, "we are going to wait for the summer of 2012 so we can have cap space and with the assets we have we can bring a good player or two and we can also take players other teams don't want because we are under the cap so that help us a lot" nothing.

    At the end of the day after 3,4,5,6 or 7 rebuilding years all the Pacers cap space was used for was to keep Roy, Hill and sign Ian, Green and Augustin, huge fail.

  4. #229
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be honest though. Going to a Colts/NFL game is much more fun for your average person than a Pacers/NBA game. There are tens of thousands more people in a venue that is a lot bigger. Women seem to get excited about the Colts/NFL, but I don't see near as many women wearing Pacers/NBA gear.

    Also, there are only 8 games and they are on Sundays when most people don't work. The Pacers OTOH have a bunch of weeknight games at 7 o'clock. If you're a casual fan who works downtown and lives in Carmel, then you're pretty much going to have to stay downtown for two hours after getting off at 5. You're certainly not going to drive all the way home because you're going to have to immediately get back into the car and head back downtown. So if you've been working all day, do you really want to hang around downtown for two hours after getting off, and then sit at a game until 9:30? By the time you get home at 10 or 10:30, you will have literally been gone for like 14 hours. That might not bother a diehard fan, but one can easily see where the 7 PM weeknight tipoff times are a turnoff for the casuals.
    I don't disagree with any of this. I am not arguing about the Pacers draw and how entertaining they are. The point I took issue with is that fans supporting a franchise somehow lends itself to mediocrity.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #230
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yes they did, I can bring old interviews by Bird, "we are going to wait for 2011 to have expiring contracts so we can make deals for young players and picks from teams that need expirings" nothing, "we are going to wait for the summer of 2012 so we can have cap space and with the assets we have we can bring a good player or two and we can also take players other teams don't want because we are under the cap so that help us a lot" nothing.

    At the end of the day after 3,4,5,6 or 7 rebuilding years all the Pacers cap space was used for was to keep Roy, Hill and sign Ian, Green and Augustin, huge fail.

    So you think the Pacers flat out lied to you basically. Why are you even still a fan then? If I felt like the Pacers had been lying to me for the past 4 years, I wouldn't even want to talk about them.


    Personally, I think the Pacers plan just didn't work out how they expected, maybe that was through poor management, but I believe they intended to do what they said they did. You think they never intended to do it, so they lied to you. So like I said, I can't understand why you even want to talk about them.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-21-2012 at 02:39 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  8. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BUILD THAT NARRATIVE. You lack any semblance of critical thinking ability.

    TRADE FOR MONTA GUYS!

    Seriously, root for a different team.
    You need to stop drinking so early man I'm worried.

  9. #232
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,894

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those expectations were set up by the Pacers front office and their 3,4,5,6 maybe seven or eight years rebuilding plan, they didn't say "hey let's wait for the contracts to expire so we can sign a bunch of scrubs back", they said "we are going to do whatever is possible to build a team were we can compete for a championship" have they done that? nope.

    We were all fooled to think that they were really going to do something and we bought the bs they were selling.
    There it is again. Because TPTB didn't live up to your unreasonable expectations, they're wrong, and it's not you.

    Pretty rich coming from the guy wanted to give Nene a 16mil per year contract, which would have resulted in even less moves.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  11. #233
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,894

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's fine to say the Pacers had a bad plan, but to act like they didn't spend? 58 million Roy Hibbert? 20 million on David West? 40 million on George Hill? The Pacers spent a lot of money and they did it on guys they thought could win, you disagree with that, but you are acting like they mislead you or something. They did no such thing.
    When the Pacers don't sign someone he wants, it's a sign that they're unwilling to spend and unwilling to win. When the Pacers over pay a guy, like Ian in his mind, he then uses it as a complaint that they don't spend their money wisely.

    The constant in all of this is that Vnlza likes to complain, and will use any and every angle to do it, even if it means he has do a 180 on his previous positions.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  13. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you think the Pacers flat out lied to you basically. Why are you even still a fan then? If I felt like the Pacers had been lying to me for the past 4 years, I wouldn't even want to talk about them.
    Because I had some hope? I thought they were going to do great things and they ended up not doing s***, now it looks like they are going to start with another 3 years rebuilding plan and wait for Danny's contract to expire.

  14. #235
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,871

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have they done that? nope.
    Yes, they did.

  15. #236
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Yeah, but why are you even here to wait it out? You think they falt out lied to you, that they never intended to build a true "contender", so why are you still here? Or at least why do you still call yourself a Pacer fan? If I thought they had intentionally mislead me for the past 3 years, I would be out the door before you can say phooey.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #237
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Um ... wow.

    So, since I am a Season Ticket Holder my opinions of what is enjoyable about being a sports fan don't count? Because I'm, what, too dumb to choose to dump the team when they lose?

    Gee, guess I should never have kept supporting the team from afar and traveling across country to see them during those suckage days in the 80's and those years of only making it to the first round and out in the early 90's. If I'd just become a Boston fan and a Bulls fan (couldn't be a Hawks fan for most of those years because they usually weren't any good - except the year they got beat by the Pacers in the second round - though getting beat in the second round proves they stunk then as well, so there you go, I succeeded in that) the Pacers would have had a championship by now. Instead, by supporting the team, I guaranteed they would only get to the finals once and the ECF 5 times.

    Shame on me and my indiscriminate fan addiction to a team through thick and thin, when I should have been punishing Herb Simon for not letting the team get bought and move to Sacramento in 1983 when they could have.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  19. #238
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um ... wow.

    So, since I am a Season Ticket Holder my opinions of what is enjoyable about being a sports fan don't count? Because I'm, what, too dumb to choose to dump the team when they lose?

    Gee, guess I should never have kept supporting the team from afar and traveling across country to see them during those suckage days in the 80's and those years of only making it to the first round and out in the early 90's. If I'd just become a Boston fan and a Bulls fan (couldn't be a Hawks fan for most of those years because they usually weren't any good - except the year they got beat by the Pacers in the second round - though getting beat in the second round proves they stunk then as well, so there you go, I succeeded in that) the Pacers would have had a championship by now. Instead, by supporting the team, I guaranteed they would only get to the finals once and the ECF 5 times.

    Shame on me and my indiscriminate fan addiction to a team through thick and thin, when I should have been punishing Herb Simon for not letting the team get bought and move to Sacramento in 1983 when they could have.
    Co-sign this. Obviously, I wasn't here for the 80s, but I've held tickets since the year before the brawl.

    We just too dang dumb to go spend our money on something worthwhile Bill.

    One day we can be as enlightened as Vnzla.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #239
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    The person enjoying this the most has to be Seth, he's not even a season ticket holder.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  23. #240
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I must sit in the front row or I don't watch the game at all. I don't get why so many fans here settle for 2nd rate viewing situations. Perennial losers I guess.
    I DO sit in the front row. One level up. Like, front row seats but turning it up a notch. So, my seats go to 11.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  24. #241
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I DO sit in the front row. One level up. Like, front row seats but turning it up a notch. So, my seats go to 11.
    Quit lying, I can't remember seeing you sit down.

    Side note.... Colts/Bills game is sold out and will be shown in Indy.
    Last edited by RWB; 11-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  25. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um ... wow.

    So, since I am a Season Ticket Holder my opinions of what is enjoyable about being a sports fan don't count? Because I'm, what, too dumb to choose to dump the team when they lose?

    Gee, guess I should never have kept supporting the team from afar and traveling across country to see them during those suckage days in the 80's and those years of only making it to the first round and out in the early 90's. If I'd just become a Boston fan and a Bulls fan (couldn't be a Hawks fan for most of those years because they usually weren't any good - except the year they got beat by the Pacers in the second round - though getting beat in the second round proves they stunk then as well, so there you go, I succeeded in that) the Pacers would have had a championship by now. Instead, by supporting the team, I guaranteed they would only get to the finals once and the ECF 5 times.

    Shame on me and my indiscriminate fan addiction to a team through thick and thin, when I should have been punishing Herb Simon for not letting the team get bought and move to Sacramento in 1983 when they could have.
    That's not what I meant, sorry if it came out that way, my point is that you and Seth at least for what I can read are happy just be competitive (not that is anything wrong with that) but if you are going to judge somebody for not been happy to be mediocre I don't think you have the leverage to do that, you are pretty much telling people to be fine with the team the way it is because you are happy with the team the way it is, you want people to be as patient as you and you want people to enjoy the team the same way you do, but the fact is that not everybody is like you or Seth and not everybody is capable of been ticket holders while one of the worse coaches in history is coaching the Pacers.

    In other words your level of pain is higher than a lot of those that would never be able to do what you did or do.

  26. #243
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    A bit early for this reaction. This team is talented and just need to get it together. Once Danny is back they will be hard to beat in a series. At least this is what I'm going with this early in the season.

    Now if you want to talk coaching, well I'm not against firing Frank. I think he is lacking the intangibles of being a good head coach. He honestly doesn't know the strengths and weaknesses of his own team, let alone his opponent.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  27. #244
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,185

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I DO sit in the front row. One level up. Like, front row seats but turning it up a notch. So, my seats go to 11.
    As a fellow Club Level front rower, I concure with this.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  28. #245
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I meant, sorry if it came out that way, my point is that you and Seth at least for what I can read are happy just be competitive (not that is anything wrong with that) but if you are going to judge somebody for not been happy to be mediocre I don't think you have the leverage to do that, you are pretty much telling people to be fine with the team the way it is because you are happy with the team the way it is, you want people to be as patient as you and you want people to enjoy the team the same way you do, but the fact is that not everybody is like you or Seth and not everybody is capable of been ticket holders while one of the worse coaches in history is coaching the Pacers.

    In other words your level of pain is higher than a lot of those that would never be able to do what you did or do.
    Vnzla is correct. It doesn't make you any more or less of a fan if only a championship will satisfy you. If Seth, Bills, and Peck are satisfied with a perennial playoff qualifier, with zero chance for a title, that's totally cool. Vnzla and I will not be truly happy until the Pacers get a long overdue championship. This desire doesn't make us any less of Pacer fans
    David "And One" West

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  30. #246
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    How does continuing to buy tickets show you are happy with being mediocre? It doesn't make any sense. That was Vnzla's original point, he said that the Pacers are comfortable with being mediocre because of people who continue to buy tickets.

    I think everyone on this board wants a championship.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #247

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I meant, sorry if it came out that way, my point is that you and Seth at least for what I can read are happy just be competitive (not that is anything wrong with that) but if you are going to judge somebody for not been happy to be mediocre I don't think you have the leverage to do that, you are pretty much telling people to be fine with the team the way it is because you are happy with the team the way it is, you want people to be as patient as you and you want people to enjoy the team the same way you do, but the fact is that not everybody is like you or Seth and not everybody is capable of been ticket holders while one of the worse coaches in history is coaching the Pacers.

    In other words your level of pain is higher than a lot of those that would never be able to do what you did or do.
    This may be the longest sentence in PD history.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReginaldWayne For This Useful Post:


  34. #248
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I meant, sorry if it came out that way, my point is that you and Seth at least for what I can read are happy just be competitive (not that is anything wrong with that) but if you are going to judge somebody for not been happy to be mediocre I don't think you have the leverage to do that, you are pretty much telling people to be fine with the team the way it is because you are happy with the team the way it is, you want people to be as patient as you and you want people to enjoy the team the same way you do, but the fact is that not everybody is like you or Seth and not everybody is capable of been ticket holders while one of the worse coaches in history is coaching the Pacers.

    In other words your level of pain is higher than a lot of those that would never be able to do what you did or do.
    Well, no, I'm pretty sure I've just said the way I feel and wondered how anyone who DOESN'T feel that way could enjoy being a sports fan, let alone a Pacer fan. There are very few teams in sports that spend most of their time as champions, and if the only thing that makes someone happy is a championship they are going to be unhappy pretty constantly unless they are a fan of one of those teams.

    Remember, we're not talking about the word "satisfied", we're talking about the word "happy", as in not being happy with getting to the second round. We've already established that you and I have a completely different meaning for the word "mediocre" - I believe it means "below average", you believe it means "average" and often seem to apply it to teams that are slightly ABOVE average but not championship contenders. We will simply continue to disagree there.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  36. #249
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does continuing to buy tickets show you are happy with being mediocre? It doesn't make any sense.
    That is what I don't get I go to games and am not happy with the direction of the team. However I love the franchise and love basketball so whenever I can go to a game I will.

    EDIT: Bills of course you aren't gonna win the ship every year or hell maybe ever.(with LBJ and Durant Howard and Kobe it will be tough to get 1) But I would rather have a legit shot at a championship than settle for making the playoffs and getting bounced 1st rd every year. There are only 5-6 team every year with a legit shot to win it all and this Pacers team doesn't have that ceiling to be one of those 5-6 teams IMO.

    for ex: If Durant and Westbrook don't win a ship together in the next 3-6 years I wouldn't blow it up(I would maybe get rid of the supporting cast if they dont gel like they should). Because they are in that 5-6 teams that have a legit shot at a title. That is all you can ask for after that you need some luck with health and your team needs to play together as a team with the TALENT OF A ELITE TEAM.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.

  37. #250
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team needs to be blown up

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I meant, sorry if it came out that way, my point is that you and Seth at least for what I can read are happy just be competitive (not that is anything wrong with that) but if you are going to judge somebody for not been happy to be mediocre I don't think you have the leverage to do that, you are pretty much telling people to be fine with the team the way it is because you are happy with the team the way it is, you want people to be as patient as you and you want people to enjoy the team the same way you do, but the fact is that not everybody is like you or Seth and not everybody is capable of been ticket holders while one of the worse coaches in history is coaching the Pacers.

    In other words your level of pain is higher than a lot of those that would never be able to do what you did or do.

    No one is saying that, but you did say that people who buy tickets make it easier for the team to be mediocre.

    You also think the team mislead you, so like I said I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you are even still a fan.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
  2. NBA All-Defensive Team 2011-2012 Announced
    By 15th parallel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 07:17 AM
  3. How good could this hypothetical 2011-2012 team be?
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
  4. Construct Your own 2012 Olympic Dream Team...
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 04:45 AM
  5. Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •